Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

The new NHL . . .

. . . is looking great.

The new rules are opening things up and making for a more wide-open, fan-friendly game.

It used to be that when a team got the first goal, you knew they would win 80% of the time (or some crazy statistic like that). Now that players aren't allowed to clutch and grab and hook the opponents to a standstill, we're seeing back-and-forth action, goals in bunches, sweet tic-tac-toe passing.

I love the shootouts. I know some traditionalists are grumpy about them but all I know is I find them thoroughly entertaining and why should I care about anything else? I'm sure not going to walk away from my TV when a shootout is going on.

I'm just talking about the game itself. I haven't got a good handle yet on betting angles with all the changes. It probably would have been better for me from that perspective if nothing changed.

But the game is a religion around here so I can get behind these changes for the better. The excitement in Canada is at a very high level and I love to see it. I'm not sure what's happening in all the fringe U.S. markets but we're happy in Canada and that's the main thing!

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15362

I know that it's early but have you found any correlations between ML to total or puck line to total under the new rules for those that can play correlated parlays?

pwdump
    pwdump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Bringing this thread back to life now that we have more data with the new rules. What do you think about the correlated Puck Line to Total parlays now?

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

The NHL needs to have a zone in front of the goalie where all players are fair game. This will allow battles in front of the net between Dmen and forwards hanging around for the garbage goals and tip ins. Physical battles allowed but not clutch and grabbing.

pwdump
    pwdump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

so with the new rules the totals tend higher ... i think there has to be value, if the total is low enough, to parlay the puck line and total. I have always liked to do this when the total had the hook to avoid a push on the total part.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I can play goal line with totals also and want to know if there's a correlation of any kind.

eggy6198
    eggy6198's Avatar Become A Pro!

I;m gutted there used to be good money to be made on the under but now I get screwed playing the under on the Rangers and getting done already 40 mins and 1 goal left