alex_DC
    alex_DC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blues or Penguins wins Stanley Cup

Mark it down, coming from a Bruins fan

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i agree but add rangers too. one of those 3.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Blues are still too inexperienced but I think they'll win a round or two. Penguins looking deadly again and if Crosby can stay healthy they will be tough to beat.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

If Crosby comes back pens will win, no chance anyone beats them

bhattman
    bhattman's Avatar Become A Pro!

im not even a canucklehead but Vancouver is not a team to be factored out of the cup mix

guil0000
    guil0000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2115

I sure hope so.... now at +1200

101454311-1 12/24/11 8:48am $25.00 $925.00 Pending 12/26/11 6:05pm Hockey NHL +3700 Stanley Cup 2011-2012 - St. Louis Blues

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Weren't you just ripping on the Pens two days ago? Hopefully we hear back from Sid on Sunday!

jayson311
    jayson311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

ThinkingTrip
    ThinkingTrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

3 strongest comps for the stanley cup are Detroit, Rangers and Bruins. They'll step up when it's time for the playoffs.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

Detroit

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I'm going against everyone here and I'm calling a Predators vs Rangers Stanley cup final this year!

I really like the way the Preds play and although they aren't the most explosive offense team, they really know how to clean it up in their own defensive zone. Not to mention I think Pekka Rinne is a legitimate top 5 NHL goalie right now and the Preds will be a tough team to score on this post-season.

As for the Rangers, I've liked them this entire year. Before they were even first place in the East, back in October I said this team would be a contender this year. They have the offensive firepower to score at will and their PP is deadly. They don't have the most solid defensive core but when you have a Lundqvist and Biron as your goalies than you're more than fine. Lundqvist hasn't had to steal every single game this year for the Rangers because Biron has been more than capable of playing when called upon. Which means that Lundqvist will be more than fresh by the time the playoffs start. For example, look at the defending Stanley Cup Champs the Boston Bruins, they had Timmy Thomas and Tukka Rask almost splitting the regular season last year and look how well they did...

I also like the Blues to be contenders in the West this year. They also have a 1-2 punch in goal with Elliot and Halak both being able to steal a game for their team when called upon. I think they'll be another tough team to score on in the postseason and they'll be a tough outing for any team in a 7 game season. Of course you could throw the Canucks in there as well but something about them this year I think they might just choke when it matters most but of course I could be wrong. Detroit is always a contender if their able to stay healthy in the playoffs with all their experience. Coyotes could also surprise a lot of people in the West this year as well.

As for the East, the Bruins are a very physical team that can score at will and shut you down in their own defensive zone. I could see the Bruins easily making the East Finals because it'll be tough to beat them in a 7 game series. I don't think the Flyers are going to go far this year as they just don't look that great in their defensive zone, I think they'll be out first round. I like the Devils to make some noise this year in the playoffs with the veteran Brodeur in net and he's been playing like he's got something to prove even though he's won the cup more than once. The Pens look to be contenders this year even without their best player Crosby, but they'll be the most likely team to choke in the first or second round to a lesser opponent.