doogie24
    doogie24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone here bet on the OHL ?

Been lurking this forum for a while and joined recently. I joined SportsInteraction at the beginning of this hockey season because they take action on the OHL (Ontario Hockey League) so I figured I would see if anyone else follows the league or makes any plays.

I'll bump this thread with my bets for a little while to see if there is anyone else out there. The catch with this is that all bets are made for Regulation time only, which makes things tough. (Odds are offered for home regulation win, away regulation win, and regulation tie)

Occasionally I will take a shot on a BIG underdog on both the regulation win and tie, for example the Erie Otters have had lines posted at +650 and +700 against top teams this season. Haven't cashed on one yet, but that's just won example of how slanted the odds can be at times.

Please excuse my use of the decimal odds, I just find it easier.

I'll start it with tonight's play.

Jan 6. Sarnia @ Erie - W (4-0) - odds 1.53

doogie24

Jan 7 Saginaw @ Plymouth - odds 1.36

The Whalers have won 4 in row and are 4-0 vs the Spirit this season, they beat them on the road on Wednesday night. Saginaw has gone into sell mode at the deadline, trading away 2 of their better players, though they did win last night. Plymouth should be well rested and ready to take another from their rivals.

fjordo
    fjordo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Sports interaction was the only site I was able to find with OHL available. I haven't been following the league at all this year, so haven't made any bets, but might look into it now that the holidays are done, and I may have a little more time. I did pretty well last year, small wagers, usually 2 teamer parlays. I'll keep an eye on this thread, and chime in with my two cents from time to time once i have a better idea of who's capable of what.

BOL!

doogie24

thanks fjordo!

Plymouth won in a shootout tonight, which is still a loss for me.

FYI, 18% of OHL games have gone to OT/Shootout this year.

doogie24

Plymouth @ Sarnia (3.00) - LOSS (2-1)
    Plymouth @ Sarnia Regulation Tie (4.60) LOSS

Kingston @ Barrie (1.40) - WIN (5-3)

doogie24

1/12 - Kitchener @ Peterborough (2.25) - WIN (2-1)

2.25 was nice value for a Rangers team who are much better than the Petes to begin with, let alone the post-deadline Peterborough team. They traded away one of their best players in Austin Watson, and were without their best defenseman Slater Koekkoek.

1/13 - Kingston @ London (1.30)

Kingston is a young team, and have no business beating this new look Knights team who have been among the top teams in the entire CHL since the start of the year. The Frontenacs have never won in London's new building, an 11 year span. The Fronts are also without their starter Igor Bobkov who has been called up to Syracuse of the AHL. Poor value at 1.30 but ive seen worse with the Knights playing at home - they are almost unbeatable at the John Labatt Centre.
    Last edited by doogie24; 01-14-12 at 12:57 AM.

doogie24

1/13 - Kingston @ London (1.30) - LOSS (4-1)

Well any type of info I had on starting goalies was completely wrong tonight, which ended up being the difference. London started their backup (the starter Michael Houser has played 38 of 39 games this year) and he took the loss. Igor Bobkov was unreal in net for Kingston, completely stole this game. This was a 2-1 game with 2 empty netters, London outshot Kingston 50-22, just couldn't bury.

I watch alot of Knights games, and had been waiting for their backup to play all season so I could fade them when he does. Of course I didn't get the memo on the one night that he does play, and take the loss.