SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

My first post on NHL

Hello all,

I've decided to post some of my plays in NHL. Care to tail; care to fade; care to mock; care to ignore. I'm just trying to see how I do and see if I can help the forum or maybe receive help from the forum if my plays are bad.

12/26/2011 play(s)

Minnesota Regulation at +120
    Coming back from a few days off, I think the Wild have settled their thoughts and will come out with some aggression today to end this six game losing streak of theirs. I think the fact that this game is an early one could lend it self well for the Wild as the Avs (who have lost several in a row on the road) may not have the legs to begin this game and with them on a beginning of a back to back could only make things worse. I wanted to play the Wild straight up, but with them losing six straight, hard to convince myself paying -135ish for a team just to win. I'll take the plus money for a victory without overtime.

Lean (not a play yet)
    Washington ML at +106

The Capitals are starting to come around offensively which could only be helped by going against Buffalo who has struggled without some of their key defensive stars. I think Miller is a great goalie who is struggling because of the weak defensive front in front of him. The Capitals should be able to take advantge of this and come out victorious. On second thought, I might play the regulation bet as the capitals have yet to win a shootout and their goalies are not shootout material. If they don't win regulation, they may not win this one. Getting a regulation here might be solid at around +145.

BOL to you all and hope to start 1 - 0 (maybe 2 - 0) if I take my lean into a play

SportGTI
    Update your status

I've decided to make my lean on the Capitals an official 2nd play. I'll be taking the Caps in regulation at +145

Recap:
    Minnesota in regulation +120 (2u to win 2.4u)
    Caps in regulation +145 (2u to win 2.9u)

Hope to be up over 5 units after tonight
    Last edited by SportGTI; 12-26-11 at 06:20 PM.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Good luck on both your wagers

Staying away from the NHL after all teams had a few days off.

SportGTI
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Good luck on both your wagers

Staying away from the NHL after all teams had a few days off.
    Well I'm looking at hopefully a small profit as the Sabres are already up 3 - 0. I keep thinking the Caps have put it together and they obviously have not. I need 4 straight goals to get a victory as I have them in regulation. Oh well, hopefully Minnesota holds and I'm up small for the day. thanks for the well wishes

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 straight.

SportGTI
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by nammertl View Post
    5 straight.
    I hate both the caps and sabres. When I bet the sabres, they lose huge. When I bet against them, they get 4 goals in the first.

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, couldn't get a good read on them so i stayed away. I was reading something about ovechkin today that almost made me want to take the caps but thought the better of it. A comeback can still happen though.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

that was ugly! I am on the caps too....and minny....so I am rooting for ya! caps are done

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by SportGTI View Post
    I hate both the caps and sabres. When I bet the sabres, they lose huge. When I bet against them, they get 4 goals in the first.
    thats exaclty what happens to me when I take the sabres! If I take them miller will give up 3 goals in 4 mins.....when I go against them they are up 4-0!

SportGTI
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post

thats exaclty what happens to me when I take the sabres! If I take them miller will give up 3 goals in 4 mins.....when I go against them they are up 4-0!
    Ain't that the truth. well not a good start as I'm down 4 units as the Avs comeback to take a 4 - 2 lead. Rough start

SportGTI
    Update your status

Sorry for putting this up late (was working and just got home). I put together a little parlay for some night action;

Saints ML
    Blackhawks ML
    Yotes ML

(1u to win 3.5u)

Let's make it a good night Yotes