fire&ice
    fire&ice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over/under prices...anyone able to answer?

I saw this posted on another forum but no one had given any answers. Im very curious about this...

Maybe someone can explain this to me. Normally, if I take the O/U on reg. time plus overtime and shootouts I have a 5.5 o/u. If I want to do just regular time I usually get a 5-5.5, meaning if the game is tied 2-2 and it goes into OT, I don't get that extra point for a push, vs the game ending 2-3 in reg. time.

However, when I get a regular time only o/u of just 5.5, the odds are better than OT incl.

For example, today on Canbet:
    CAR/WIN Over (5.5) for reg plus OT is -120
    CAR WIN OVER (5.5) for regular time only -109.

If the score is 2-2 in regular time, then the final score will be 5, and I lose the over in both cases, or it is 3-3 in regular time where I win in both cases. Since OT does not affect the over/under on a 5.5, why is a discrepancy?

Is this just the bookie hoping people don't line shop within their own site?

Chimney
    Chimney's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmmmmm weird.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

CAR WIN OVER (5.5) for regular time only -109.

What is the line to take this play under? May be value there?

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Yeah that's strange the over 5.5 should be the same in both regulation and OT included as OT does not come into play at all as the only possible OT score in which the over hits is 3-3.

Don't ask questions and keep betting it I guess

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

so it's better to bet over in regulation time I guess.

fire&ice
    fire&ice's Avatar Become A Pro!

right but that doesnt make sense that the linemakers would set this up this way because like DG said, the OT period would not effect this in anyway so essentially it is the same bet with different juice.