pocketlint
    pocketlint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Coyotes Vs Stars: Is this a leper of a Game?

Wont anyone touch this one even with a flagpole?

I see TA's siding with the home team.

I guess most are going by this logic:

One team's red hot

and

the other is trying to get the ignition going on a ride that seems to have a mother-of-all starter-kill alarms.

Sure looks like one of those tourist-trap games that get you in a rut just when you thought you had it figured out and were making some headway.

I have seen these upsets before.

I'll wait-and-watch on this one.
    Last edited by pocketlint; 02-11-09 at 06:17 PM.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet Phoenix

pocketlint

Dvstin
    Dvstin's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also bet Pheonix...they have to win sometime, lol.

pocketlint

Quote Originally Posted by Dvstin View Post
    I also bet Pheonix...they have to win sometime, lol.

I think ploben pointed this out a while ago.

In general, wagering on a losing team just coz it was high time that team had had come out with a win, is a bad rationale to go by.

And I fully agree.
    Last edited by pocketlint; 02-11-09 at 07:52 PM.

ploben
    ploben's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pocketlint View Post
    I think ploben pointed this out a while ago.

In general, wagering on a losing team just coz it was high time that team had had come out with a win, is a bad rationale to go by.

And I fully agree.
    I'll take the credit for bringing it up but I remember hearing it a while back from someone much wiser than me

It is like Roulette. If red numbers came up 10 times in a row what are the chances red is going to come up next? 47.37%...the same chance every time.

DAL has really turned up the heat after the AS break and are looking like a NHL team.

TodaysAction
    http://www.winningwithtodaysaction.net/
    TodaysAction's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7276

Quote Originally Posted by pocketlint View Post
    Wont anyone touch this one even with a flagpole?

I see TA's siding with the home team.

I guess most are going by this logic:

One team's red hot

and

the other is trying to get the ignition going on a ride that seems to have a mother-of-all starter-kill alarms.

Sure looks like one of those tourist-trap games that get you in a rut just when you thought you had it figured out and were making some headway.

I have seen these upsets before.

I'll wait-and-watch on this one.
    FYI, one minor set of figures I use has PHX winning, all the rest point to a DAL victory but it doesn't g'tee the selection wins.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ploben View Post
    I'll take the credit for bringing it up but I remember hearing it a while back from someone much wiser than me

It is like Roulette. If red numbers came up 10 times in a row what are the chances red is going to come up next? 47.37%...the same chance every time.

DAL has really turned up the heat after the AS break and are looking like a NHL team.
    not entirely fellers, remember the line doesn't change in roulette. But in sports the line takes into account public perception.

ploben

Quote Originally Posted by reno cool View Post
    not entirely fellers, remember the line doesn't change in roulette. But in sports the line takes into account public perception.
    True, the line changes in sports based on opponent, past results, injuries, etc...but the fact is betting a team based solely on the fact that they haven't won in a while is not a good way to bet it.

The roulette theory isn't 100% accurate to the betting theory but it's the basic idea of "Just because it keeps happening doesn't mean it will continue or doesn't mean it will be opposite". My point was that every game/matchup (every spin of the wheel) needs to be looked at independently.

Dvstin
    Dvstin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ploben View Post
    My point was that every game/matchup (every spin of the wheel) needs to be looked at independently.
    I would have to disagree with this statement. I am still a rook but I personally thought that past history is where sports betting differed.

Of course looking at a streak of losses and thinking a team has to pull out a win is naive but I think you need to weight the statistics of a team very heavily.

Sure there is still a fudge factor of anything could happen but statistics play a big part imo.

ploben

Quote Originally Posted by Dvstin View Post
    I would have to disagree with this statement. I am still a rook but I personally thought that past history is where sports betting differed.

Of course looking at a streak of losses and thinking a team has to pull out a win is naive but I think you need to weight the statistics of a team very heavily.

Sure there is still a fudge factor of anything could happen but statistics play a big part imo.
    You are 100% correct. I didn't mean that each game should be compartmentalized or isolated but you can;t just look at the games and say "O well PHO has lost the last 5 so they are due for a win"

I guess I am having trouble explaining myself. Bottom line...teams are never "due" for anything.

I'll be more careful choosing my words next time seeing as I am getting quoted a lot...lol

ploben

They have to win sometime...why not tonight

pocketlint

1-0 'yotes ??

What a way to die at home, Dallas !!