crzbrave
    crzbrave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Philadelphia Flyers to win the Stanley Cup

10 to 1 odds.. this team has faced adversity so far and they have an immense amount of will it seems. Injuries to key players, doesn't matter. Down 3-0 on the road, doesn't matter. Goalie gives up soft goals, doesn't matter. They have a young group along side a grizzled vet in Jagr who brings it all together. Jagr wanted to come back to win a cup, the man loves to play hockey and I just cannot put into words how much he means to this team. I have never bet future bets before but I think I'm very close to putting my first one in, if Bryz can be what he shows flashes of being. Giroux/Jagr/Hartnell and the rest of the Flyers playing together is a thing of beauty to watch. Simmonds is a ball full of energy. I think they can take out Boston and Pitt and anyone else on any given night.. What do you guys think?

crzbrave
    crzbrave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Locked it in.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

The thing that worries me about the Flyers are:

Pronger and Kimmo are old, they are going to wear down, and Pronger is already a big question mark with his knee injury and his concussion problems. I don't know how much he will help.

They are relying on too many rookies. Guys like Read and Couterier are bound to wear down, plus the Rookie defensemen they are playing now as well.

Bryz has been so inconsistent, if the Flyers weren't scoring so much they would be in a lot of trouble because he is good for about 1 bad goal a game.

Jagr. How long until he wears down from a full NHL season?

I see the Flyers hitting a wall in the playoffs.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

That city is cursed lol

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    That city is cursed lol
    Sure stopped the Phillies in 2008.

1sob
    1sob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

they need a starting goalie.. izgalov (sP??)
    is not the answere

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Without Pronger and Giroux this is not a good bet. Supposing either of those two are gone for the season, you can't expect older guys like Timmonen or Jagr to carry this team all the way. Without Pronger Phillie's defence is very suspect.