fabulous
    fabulous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

inform me about ice hockey and overtime please

Hi everybody, i intend to place bets on ice hockey but before there's something i would like to know concerning overtime in ice hockey: when there's a draw at the end of regular time, overtime has to be played, hasn't it? (or is it possible there are penalty shoots without overtime?)
    Then , when overtime is played, is it possible that many goals are scored during overtime? Or does overtime end as soon as one goal is scored and therefore a team is declared winner?
    Inform me please !

NB:I precise i'm interested in european ice hockey, not NHL

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

When betting european hockey, the rules typically a liitle different. In either case OT is played after a tie in regulation, and it is sudden, so first goal wins. If no goal is scored in OT period, it goes to a shootout. Where it differs is that with euro hockey only regulation 60 min results count for gambling purposes. Atleast this true for US books that offer euro hockey, euro books may have diff rules

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

why the f u ck are you going to bet on a sport that you dont know the basic rules.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    why the f u ck are you going to bet on a sport that you dont know the basic rules.
    seriously.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

hockey best sport in world by far!!!!

fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    When betting european hockey, the rules typically a liitle different. In either case OT is played after a tie in regulation, and it is sudden, so first goal wins. If no goal is scored in OT period, it goes to a shootout. Where it differs is that with euro hockey only regulation 60 min results count for gambling purposes. Atleast this true for US books that offer euro hockey, euro books may have diff rules
    Thank you very much for your help

fabulous

One doesn't need to know a sport, the teams or players to make much money

LetsGoBruins
    LetsGoBruins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1495

Probably the same personal reason I bet on soccer. To make money.