laxbrah420
    laxbrah420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

O/U Looch suspension

I'm thinking this goon gets a 5 game shanaban. Dirty hits have been 4. Hit on a goalie resulting in concussion? --> I'm thinking 5+. Sabres getting called out for lack of retribution--a lengthy suspension may prevent them from going apeshit next time these teams meet

encore_
    encore_'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

under

laxbrah420

and it's 0.
    what the **** shanahan?

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Mind boggling....

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Miller was out of his crease and it was a Clean hit
    The league needs to change the rules if the want to protect the goalies
    Shanny made the right call based on the current rule book

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Miller was out of his crease and it was a Clean hit
    The league needs to change the rules if the want to protect the goalies
    Shanny made the right call based on the current rule book
    well said.

A goalie out to play the puck is playing an active puck, and is taking a chance of contact by leaving the crease. Could Lucic have pulled up a little? Yeah, he could have...but it's moot since the Goalie decided to venture out of his "protection" zone.
    I played goalie, so I know this is a chance you take when you leave the crease to play the puck. Keep your head up. That's about all you can do if you decide to leave the crease.

my 2 cents.

laxbrah420

You guys know that only incidental contact with the goalie is allowed right? The goalie coming out of the crease doesn't mean you can hit him...

The rulebook:
    69.4 Contact Outside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates any contact with a goalkeeper, other than incidental contact, while the goalkeeper is outside his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
    A goalkeeper is not “fair game” just because he is outside the goal crease. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an attacking player makes unnecessary contact with the goalkeeper. However, incidental contact will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such unnecessary contact.