stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Stevex NHL 2011 Totals Thread

Sort of doing this on a limb here, but bare with me guys....

Took a bit of a break from betting for about 6 months as I was focusing on my career and such so now since that is all good I thought I'd start tracking my plays in NHL. I've always been interested in sports betting in general, but more specifically Over/Unders is what I want to focus on. So starting tomorrow Saturday, November 12th, 2011, I'm going to be making 1 (maybe 2 if I feel strongly about it) plays a day on the Over/Under for a hockey game. I figured it be a nice little experiment to see if I can cut it in the world of sports betting as per my own research. For the most part, the past year before I took a break, I' had been using systems and labby as my money management, which no doubt in my mind is a good way to stay ahead in this racket....

I do understand units and how you give more units to a play that you feel stronger about, so for now I really just want to focus and keep track of my overall record and see if I can generate a profit. If any of you guys have an opinion on how I should set the units up, I'm all ears.

In the words of Tobias Funke...."Let the great experiment begin!!"

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO

11/12/2011 Pick

Devils-Capitals UNDER 5 1/2 -140 (DSI)

I know you guys aren't going to like the odds, but I just feel really strong that this game is going to go under the 5 1/2. Both teams played each other last night and the Devils are without there top man in Kovy so I think this will be a defensive battle with the goal tending from each side coming up big tonight.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO

Always feels nice to pick up your first win of your first game of your first season tracking! But I'll take that and will be keeping track of my record in this thread as well. Any input from you guys will be much needed through out the year. Haven't looked at the schedule yet to see if there are any games tomorrow, but will be looking that over later tonight!

Stevex NHL Totals 2011/2012 Record: 1 - 0

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO

11/13/2011 Pick

NY Islanders - Vancouver Canucks OVER 5 1/2 -105 (DSI)

Think we are getting some really good value here with two teams whose goal tenders tend to give up some goals when these two teams play each other. Should be a shoot out in Vancouver tonight!

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO

11/13/2011 Pick

NY Islanders - Vancouver Canucks OVER 5 1/2 -105 (DSI)

Think we are getting some really good value here with two teams whose goal tenders tend to give up some goals when these two teams play each other. Should be a shoot out in Vancouver tonight!

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO

Weird for some reason it posted twice but cheers to making some money tonight!

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO

Well fell a goal short tonight. The Canucks did there job, but the Islanders couldn't manage to get another goal in the net. No problems though, on to tomorrow...

Stevex NHL Totals Record: 1 - 1