face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

oilers are good at home

lost my bet with the caps tonight, oilers would not let them do shit. yea there was a bunch of shots on goal, but not really good ones like the caps usually get. oilers kind of limited them. i'm not betting against oilers or flames at home, these teams are underrated.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Khabibulin was the main reason they won today. Got heavily outplayed in the first 10 and final 20. Washington looks really good this year. Really good. But I am a diehard Oiler fan, so I'm happy with the outcome.

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Oilers got killed this game. They were fed continuous 5 on 3's until they took the lead though and managed to hang on.

And there were plenty of grade A scoring chances from the slot, some with a clear lane to the net also.

face

yea i know the penalties gave them the lead, but after that it seemed like the oilers defended really well. just my opinion.

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

I would disagree. They gave up 20 shots in 30 minutes and about 10 grade A scoring chances, while generating nothing at all to end the game. Their D wasnt moving the puck out of their zone fast enough and would turn it over frequently, leading to continuous possession in their own end. Again though, they held on for the 3rd or 4th win like this already this year. Khabby is rocking a 970 sv%

bink
    bink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 875

Yeah, the Oilers are playing excellent team defense right now. They have the lowest Goals Against per Game at 1.5 (a little bit lower now after tonight's game). But Khabibulin had to make some spectacular saves for them throughout the game so it's not like they're preventing everything.

It's good to be an Oilers fan right now. Now let's see how they do on this upcoming road trip (where they don't get last change).

face

Quote Originally Posted by aznbluff View Post
    I would disagree. They gave up 20 shots in 30 minutes and about 10 grade A scoring chances, while generating nothing at all to end the game. Their D wasnt moving the puck out of their zone fast enough and would turn it over frequently, leading to continuous possession in their own end. Again though, they held on for the 3rd or 4th win like this already this year. Khabby is rocking a 970 sv%
    maybe you're right, but i remember thinking at about the 15:00 mark of the 3rd quarter that my caps bet was done. so you don't think they're anything to avoid betting against?