Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Is there a new trend of defensive battles (less scoring) within the league

So far this season we have 65 games that have went under the total and 51 games that have gone over the set total. You are hitting at 56% if you are a blind under bettor. Is this just variance or is Brendan Shanahan decresing penalties and are we gettting less physical games? Are the goalies that good?

What is going on? Is this just the standard start of the season struggles for these teams to score goals? Or is this a new trend to be aware of??
    Last edited by Inkwell77; 10-27-11 at 05:21 AM.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Last year (If I counted up all the games correctly) up to this same date we had 62 unders and 67 overs for a 52% clip on the overs.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Idk but both unders I had llast night lost in rough fashion

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

it's too early. some teams haven't got it together right now and some don't give a crap > canucks

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

it seems so. there seems to be a lot more team defense and emphasis on getting back etc. plus there are a lot of good goalies around right now.

i havent seen the numbers but i would guess teams are rattling off 10+ less SOG per game aswell.
    but it is early still.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    So far this season we have 65 games that have went under the total and 51 games that have gone over the set total. You are hitting at 56% if you are a blind under bettor. Is this just variance or is Brendan Shanahan decresing penalties and are we gettting less physical games? Are the goalies that good? What is going on? Is this just the standard start of the season struggles for these teams to score goals? Or is this a new trend to be aware of??
    How much juice has there been on those unders that have hit? That is a key factor in determining if a trend(if it is there) is worth trying to exploit.