Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Inkwell 2011-2012 thread

So I have a few systems or whatever (mainly taking dogs and totals), and I thought I would actually keep track here on SBR for fun. Got the 1st few games out of the way and the NHL season is going to be great. Everything, no matter if it is juiced or + is always a flat bet of 1 or 2 or 3 units.

Oct 13th

Vancouver ML +125 vs Detroit - 1 Unit
    St Louis ML -110 or better vs Dallas - 1 Unit

Inkwell77

2 losses, damn. Down 2 units.

Oct 14th

Anaheim ML +100 2 units
    Correlated parlay Anaheim ML and the over 5.5 goals pays +281, half a unit

You're telling me a 3rd string goalie is the favorite in this game? Got to take the Ducks

Inkwell77

Anaheim with a big win. +2 units.
    Correlated parlay loses. - half a unit.

Overall down half a unit.

Oct 15th

Boston Bruins +115 for 1 unit

Inkwell77

Bruins win in a shootout. Did not see the game, but heard it was straight fire. Chicago is so fun to watch at times and these teams match up well against each other.

Overall up 0.65 units

Most likely won't have a play in the St Louis/Anaheim game.

Inkwell77

October 17th.

Bunch of plays, big night of games.

Florida/Tampa Bay over 5.5 goals, +100. 1 unit (physical game, hopefully)

Anaheim/San Jose over 5.5 goals, +110. 1 unit

Anaheim ML, +170. Half a unit

Edmonton Oilers ML +110. 1 unit. (This Edmonton team is built for the fast ice, Nashville has been outshot by every team they have played this season, maybe tonight they get back on track or maybe this team is not that good at the moment. The Oilers have outshot both Pitt and Vancouver so far, but had a terrible game in Minnesota.)

Correlated parlay, Edmonton and the under, +441. Half a unit.

Colorado Avalanche ML, +120 (This game should be -110 or -105, with this line at +120 Colorado has to be the pick)

Inkwell77

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    October 17th.

Bunch of plays, big night of games.

Florida/Tampa Bay over 5.5 goals, +100. 1 unit (physical game, hopefully)

Anaheim/San Jose over 5.5 goals, +110. 1 unit

Anaheim ML, +170. Half a unit

Edmonton Oilers ML +110. 1 unit. (This Edmonton team is built for the fast ice, Nashville has been outshot by every team they have played this season, maybe tonight they get back on track or maybe this team is not that good at the moment. The Oilers have outshot both Pitt and Vancouver so far, but had a terrible game in Minnesota.)

Correlated parlay, Edmonton and the under, +341. Half a unit.

Colorado Avalanche ML, +120 (This game should be -110 or -105, with this line at +120 Colorado has to be the pick)
    I originally forgot to state how much I put on the Avalanche, so lets just say a half a unit.

Tonight, big night, +3.655 units.
    Overall +4.305 units.

Got to give it to Ellis on the Ducks for stopping 41 shots, just wish he would have let one more in!

Good way to start off the year with a little breathing room. Wish I would of bet on the Jets as well. Told myself I would bet on the Jets at home the 1st 10 games of the year, should have stuck with it. Got a little scared because of the play of late.
    Last edited by Inkwell77; 10-18-11 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Had the parlay calculated incorrectly in the previous post

Inkwell77

October 18th.

Phoenix Coyotes +115. 1 unit.

Coyotes and the under correlated parlay. +294. Half a unit.

Montreal/Buffalo under 5.5 goals. -125. 1 unit.

Montreal and the under correlated parlay. +287. Half a unit.

Inkwell77

So rough last day on October 18th.

Montreal/Buffalo went under but the Coyotes lost and Montreal lost. -1.2 units. Overall +3.105 units.

Today we have a play.

St Louis ML +140 or better. This Vancouver team has showed very little this year and I think their reputation is why they are this big of favorites in this game. They have won their last two home games which is not good in regards to my bet, but in a 50/50 type of game I like St Louis here. This Blues team is coming off a huge win against the Flyers and has won two in a row and I like their confidence in this spot. Not overly confident in this play because this Canucks team is all over the place, but do like it enough to make a play.

St Louis ML +140 1 unit.

Inkwell77

Good win by the Blues!! Played Van very tough.

Yesterday +1.4 units. Overall +4.505 units.

Today:
    Washington/Edmonton over 5.5 goals. +115. Why is this line moving in favor of the under?? It may be because The Capitals have allowed goal totals of 2,1,0,2,1 in their last 5 games against quality opponents. It may be because Edmonton has gone under in 7 out of 8 games so far this season which is crazy and quite a start if you have caught on to it. It may be too late to jump on the trend or it may continue, who knows. The Oilers are playing quality defense so far this year, and Habbi and Dubnyk have both played strong, but this Washington team is a beast on offense and it looks like Ovi and crew have got their groove back after last season's trainwreck. Young gunners on Edmonton versus the experienced power on Washington, really like this matchup in terms of just watching an exciting game of hockey and I know I have not made a convincing argument, but I do like the over. Fast ice, if you look at the teams Edmonton has played you have a bunch of defensive non-scoring clubs (Pitt, Minnesota, NYR, Vancouver), Washington is the wake up call.

Washington/Edmonton over 5.5 goals. +115. 1 unit.