gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Wednesday picks (5-3 +.25)

The Flyers have looked great with all the new guys and with guys like Wayne Simmonds and one of the best coaches in hockey, I like their chances this year. Daniel sedin has looked great this year but Vancouver is 5-11 in its last 16 games against Philadelphia and I am taking the Flyers in their home opener.

Flyers -130 risk 2.60

I saw this stat this morning,Colorado is 30-9-1 in its last 40 meetings with Columbus and have gone 7-1-0 against the Blue Jackets over the past two seasons.The Blue jackets have to win here sometime but I dont see them winning their first game tonight against a tough colorado team.

Colorado +110 risk 1

Carolina hasnt looked as bad as their record indicates and with Krejci out I think tonight they pick up their first win though the numbers are not in Carolinas favor considering recent matchups, the Bruins have won 11 of 13 at the RBC Center.

Carolina +105 risk 1

NHL: The under is 3-0 in Boston’s first three games this season but carolina is 3-0 on the over. I am taking the under 1.5 first period with krejci out.

under 1.5 first period -125 risk 2.50

Wednesday picks (195-137 +24.44)

I have been waiting for this cardinals game , I am hoping the weather hold s up and we get this one in. The cardinals may have just barely made it to the playoffs but like we have seen so many times before, how you come into the playoffs is what matters as teams like Texas and ont he other end of the spectrum the Phillies have shown.

Carpenter is coming off his second complete-game shutout in his last three starts, though he did have a rough outing against the Phillies on the 2nd, and Pujols is just hammering the ball. He is the fourth player in MLB postseason history with four extra base hits in a game after they crushed the brewers in Game 2 12-3, and the Cardinals are coming home where they have won 13 of their last 16.

Carpenter had pretty much erased any memories of his struggles at the start of the season and stats against the brewers have been impressive, his last start against the Brewers was complete game shutout in September and he beat gallardo in august as well at Busch. Carpenter has always been good in the clutch going 6-2 in the postseason with a 2.94 ERA.

Milwaukee is 2-7 in its last nine meetings with St. Louis, this is one of may favorite wagers of the postseason

Cardinals -1 -104 risk. 4.16

I would like the Rangers alot more today if I knew the status of beltre and the rangers could just show they could win at comerica. They are 5-17 in their last 22 meetings here and just 23-34 since Comerica Park opened. Porcello is young, only 22 years old and I am still wondering if he can handle the postseason pressure, 22 years old, he is 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA in eight innings of work so far.

Harrison looked sharp in his start last Wednesday against the Tampa Bay Rays, and he got the win allowing just two runs in five innings. If the Rangers can just get over this comerica curse and get to Porcello early, I think they can win this today.

Rangers -122 risk 1.22

The lines for Games 1 and 2 have been way off for the Brewers and the cardinals. the Brewers beat the Cardinals on Sunday 9-6 sailing over the 7½-run total.The 8½ total set for Monday's game was smashed as Pujols and company put up 12 runs themselves winning 12-3.

Samuel Woodford Holbrook will be behind the plate for Game 3 and his over stats are 20-11-2 for the over. I am going with the cardinals team total in this one as I wouldnt be surprised to see carpenter throw another gem

cardinals tt over 3.5 -130 risk 3.9

Last edited by gregm; 10-12-11 at 10:23 AM. Reason: changed units on cardinals

AI
    AI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great picks, I have all of these minus one. BOL