rufflesmuncher
    rufflesmuncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

How long for eberle

How long do you think itll take jordan eberla to have a break out season?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Depends on your definition of break out? I don't see him as a point per game player any time soon, especially on an EDM team that will be shuffling lines all season.

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Eberle is peaked. Unlike Hall and MPS, Eberle does not have any explosive physical tools or a physique that will allow him to become more dominant in a few years time. He is the smartest of the 3, his hockey IQ is very high and is his best attribute. He is a complimentary player who's production will corelate to his line's success and PP success. As Edmonton becomes a good team, expect Eberle to reach about 25-30, give or take variance for good and bad years.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by aznbluff View Post
    Eberle is peaked. Unlike Hall and MPS, Eberle does not have any explosive physical tools or a physique that will allow him to become more dominant in a few years time.
    I think size is the actually becoming less important in the modern game. You look at the top scorers in the league and none of them are built like Lucic. Eberle is a poor man's Stamkos.

aznbluff
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    I think size is the actually becoming less important in the modern game. You look at the top scorers in the league and none of them are built like Lucic. Eberle is a poor man's Stamkos.
    Eberle and Stamkos are not similar players at all.

Eberle has no slapshot, I've literally never seen him take a slap shot. I'm an Oilers fan.
    Eberle's biggest knock was his skating and speed. Stamkos can fly. To be fair, Ebs has worked on his skating and its now average-slightly above average, definitely not a liability in his game now.
    Stamkos plays center, and he plays more in the center-wing high position in the offensive zone. Eberle hugs the boards and is a great board/down low perimeter player. He also has quick hands down low when crashing the net.
    Eberle is a playmaker first, not a natural goalscorer. Stamkos is a pure sniper.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Eberle is a stud. I could see him getting 55-60 points this year if he stays healthy. Most young players "breakout" in year 3, but that's changing a bit due to the huge influx of young players the last few years and the change in rules...

aznbluff
    Update your status

Most players "breakout" due to a change in role and usage. They bump into a scoring role and PP1 time and thus see a substantial jump in point production. Stamkos is an example of this. He was used on the third line primarily during his rookie year. Once they changed coaches, he was placed on a scoring line and PP1 and saw a huge jump in production, which is why he also produces a lot now.

Take someone like Patrick Kane on the contrary. He was given a scoring line role and PP1 time ever since he entered the league. This resulted in good rookie year numbers, but it has plateaued because he gets the same quality ice time now as he did back then. It's not that he hasnt improved as a player (I think Kane has improved significantly from year to year). He isn't going to magically jump to 95 points as some people who are waiting for him to "breakout" think.

Eberle was on the first line and PP1 last year. His point production is pretty much going to be reliant on those two factors now. He will not "breakout" and suddenly "become an 80 point player" just because he had to blow out an extra candle on his birthday cake now. Expect the same production from Ebs, given similar PP's.

rufflesmuncher

really? I thought considering all his talent and potential, he would eventually turn out like the sedins, they broke out like monsters.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

I respect your opinions aznbluff but I believe you are way off on Eberle. How can you say he's "peaked" afer his rookie season. Thats just way off and almost comes across as ignorant. He has an extremely deceptive backhand, and his wrist-shot is very underrated. I agree he rarely slaps it so that remains to be seen. He will be a perennial 25-30 goal scorer in the NHL IMO. He is a clear top-6 forward, and has potential (years away from it as of now) to be a 1st line winger in the NHL. I think with a full season he should be around 30G and 60pts this year. Yes I know that appears a little optimistic. Last year he did play with Horcoff for most of the year, a defensive forward with limited offensive skills. And whoever compared him to Stamkos, is way off.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Poor man's Stamkos. Do you people not know what the "poor man" aspect of that means?

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have no idea what to think of this oilers team . I dont think any one knows how this young team full of stars will play this season

aznbluff
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Deol View Post
    I respect your opinions aznbluff but I believe you are way off on Eberle. How can you say he's "peaked" afer his rookie season. Thats just way off and almost comes across as ignorant. He has an extremely deceptive backhand, and his wrist-shot is very underrated. I agree he rarely slaps it so that remains to be seen. He will be a perennial 25-30 goal scorer in the NHL IMO. He is a clear top-6 forward, and has potential (years away from it as of now) to be a 1st line winger in the NHL. I think with a full season he should be around 30G and 60pts this year. Yes I know that appears a little optimistic. Last year he did play with Horcoff for most of the year, a defensive forward with limited offensive skills. And whoever compared him to Stamkos, is way off.
    Re-read my posts, this is essentially exactly what I said.

Deol

I was emphasizing the fact that you've said he's "peaked." I can see him potting 35 to an outside shot at 40. Not now, in his prime where most people "peak"

aznbluff
    Update your status

His skills are peaked, yes. His point production is going to vary due to circumstance. Post #7 outlines what I mean by peaked

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by aznbluff View Post
    Eberle is peaked. Unlike Hall and MPS, Eberle does not have any explosive physical tools or a physique that will allow him to become more dominant in a few years time.
    This is pretty irrelevant. Eberle's upside has nothing to do with how explosive he will become physically.

Deol

I guess we'll just agree to disagree on him then. I personally don't think he nor his skills have peaked.

rufflesmuncher

Lol, i see somoene made a grave error

Deol

Quote Originally Posted by Deol View Post
    I think with a full season he should be around 30G and 60pts this year.
    Surpassing my prediction, love it!!!!

rufflesmuncher

YES! lol very happy he did! He was RIDICULOUS this year!