Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Like the Edmonton and under play!

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    What book do you use NHL? Not getting close to your payouts here with my local.
    I have EDM +125 under -115 $200 to win $641. I know my book can be a bit stingy in hockey, but that is a huge difference, may have to explore some other options.........
    plus the $200 u bet? So u getting back $841

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    plus the $200 u bet? So u getting back $841
    , thanks bud. I am used to "to win" not including the investment. GL on the play .

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

going with oilers because the pens are playing back to back?

have you watched the pens play this year?
    have you see malkin this season?

Oilers have worst D in the league

pens win 5-2

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I think the Penguins are pretty underrated right now, they have looked very solid the first two games. Not sure that a back to back will have that much of an impact against a bad EDM team (or at least bad for 2 period of the game)

NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post

pens win 5-2
    Pitt has played 3 games in 4 nights, all on the West coast of Canada, that's a lot of travel. Yes obviously Pitt is better and playing well, but do you want a 1.60x payout, or a 4.20x payout. With Edm at home, home opener, Pitt won't have as much jump. That is why the game should be under. As well, this game is not heavily favored in Pitts favor, therefor it's a much better play value wish to take EDM and the under.

Betting is not just about picking the favorite every night. You have to bet value when you find it, and 4.20x is excellent.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NHL Pro Capper View Post
    Pitt has played 3 games in 4 nights, all on the West coast of Canada, that's a lot of travel. Yes obviously Pitt is better and playing well, but do you want a 1.60x payout, or a 4.20x payout. With Edm at home, home opener, Pitt won't have as much jump. That is why the game should be under. As well, this game is not heavily favored in Pitts favor, therefor it's a much better play value wish to take EDM and the under.

Betting is not just about picking the favorite every night. You have to bet value when you find it, and 4.20x is excellent.
    There is no such thing as a value bet. Only winners and losers. I'd rather take the favorite and win a few dollars than take the underdog with huge odds and lose.
    Last edited by PhillyFlyers; 10-09-11 at 08:20 PM.

NHL Pro Capper

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post

There is no such thing as a value bet. Only winners and losers. I'd rather take the favorite and win a few dollars than take the underdog with huge odds and lose.
    This is probably the stupidest thing I have ever read with regards to betting. Why do you shop lines? Why do you bet dogs? It's because the favorites are over rated by the public WHICH SETS THE LINES. Edm is NOT a huge dog to win this game, maybe in your head and on paper. That's why it's only 1-0 with 10 min to go in the 3rd. You find value in bets. Yes the odds are higher, but in the long run it's much better overall EV. If you want to be a square, keep paying the juice and make your favorite bets. You will never win in the long run.

NHL Pro Capper

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post

pens win 5-2
    Nice prediction . You do know that this is the 2011-2012 season? Please tell me how you can evaluate their defense when this is the first game of the year?

You think these guys are super human? Did you bother to even read or check the lines the Malkin is not playing? Even a basic amateur capper would check the starting lineup.

NHL Pro Capper

Today, Sunday Oct 9th, Gobble Gobble Canada

EDM@ home vs. tired Penguins team, back 2 back nights for Pens, project:

CPDU - Correlated Parlay Dog Under

Bet EDM Parlayed with Under 5.5. Pays out 4.20x

2 UNITS to win 8.4 UNITS, $200, to win $840.

Winner! I love the flak i got from all the squares that took Pits, and said it would be over, etc... Edm, fresh, new team, better lineup, held off the tired Pens and took it down with some great hard work. $840 in the bank!

TOTAL PROFIT/UNITS TO DATE: +$575, +5.75 UNITS Good job for those that tailed!
    Points Awarded:

snapperman2 gave NHL Pro Capper 7 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice one handicapper......i tried telling these joes that pitt on the 3rd game in 4 nights with no malkin,fluery,and crosby was a bad bet to lay -135.......its all about spots...and this was a bad one for pittsburgh......that being said pitt still looks good and edmonton seems to have a brighter future ahead.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Lol, i avoided the game because of no Malkin and no Fleury, but you make this seem like it was an easy win for you. Pens should have won this game. Yea, a win is a win is a win, so congrats on that. But dont get too cocky yet, the Pens out worked the oilers and did not look tired at all, and id say you got pretty lucky to hit your bet given how the game played out.

Anyways, congrats on your win, just dont get too cocky.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Nice hit I was on the Oilers too. Anyone on the Pens did not do their research. 3rd road game in 4 nights for the Pens and no Malkin or Fleury vs a fresh Oilers team. Also coming off two big road wins, it was a classic let down spot for the Pens. Oilers were the only play in this one.

You only made $640 on your bet though eh? Not $840. You're better off posting $200 to win $640 so you don't confuse people here or accidently pad your overall stats. Just a suggestion from someone who's been around here for awhile

grizzy
    grizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good call! But dude what's up with your math...lol.

You bet $200 for a payout of $841 meaning u won $641. Seeing as you were down $265 heading into this game, your total YTD should be +375 and not $575. All good! Just keep picking winners.

grizzy
    grizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oops-posted twice.

NHL Pro Capper

Thanks. Ah yes, sorry! It's thanksgiving and I was drinking. I promise i didn't mean to pad those stats, below are updated. Thanks.

TOTAL PROFIT/UNITS TO DATE: +$375, +3.75 UNITS

Monday Oct 11th, 2011:

Slip 1: CAL@STL / PHX@DAL – Pick CAL parlayed with DAL money line BET, pays 3.80, bet 1 Unit, $100 to win $380

Slip 2: CAR@NJ / CAL@STL – Pick NJ UNDER parlayed STL OVER, money line bet, pays 3.81, bet 1 Unit, $100 to win $381

Slip 3: COL@BOS – BOS -1.5 - Bet BOS puck line -1.5, bet 2 units@2.25, $200 to win $450

Goodluck!
    Last edited by NHL Pro Capper; 10-10-11 at 04:14 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Hochay gave NHL Pro Capper 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Inkwell77

God damn, Hockey is definitely the most intense sport to bet on for myself with all the highs and lows. It really is a beautiful game.

This game was great. The odds of Edmonton winning after that Smyth penalty had to be terrible. A great shootout team and they have a 5 minute power play... Dubnyk played well.

That 3rd shootout shot was nice, although not that effective.

Edmonton is still a horribly coached team and has so many issues they need to work on. Sutton is terrible and should not even be playing let alone on the ice all the time. Way too many turnovers in their own zone. Taylor Hall barely was on the ice in overtime. Ryan Smyth gets way too much playing time. The game has passed him by.

I don't understand the new rules in the NHL. Ryan Smith got a 5 minute major and a game misconduct for that!!! That is how I was taught to play. If a guy comes charging at you after you have already got rid of the puck you have to protect yourself, crazy new rules, but I guess the rules are good if they decrease the number of head injuries.

And anyone who does some research in regards to hockey betting knows that betting favorites in hockey will bury you. You have to bet dogs in 50/50 type situations. This game tonight with Johnson playing and no Malkin was close to a toss up and the only way to play that is to bet the dog.

The under was definitely the play, overall. When that Pittsburgh lineup shows up it is going under the total at an efficient rate... even on the fast ice in Edmonton.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is probably the stupidest thing I have ever read with regards to betting. Why do you shop lines? Why do you bet dogs? It's because the favorites are over rated by the public WHICH SETS THE LINES. Edm is NOT a huge dog to win this game, maybe in your head and on paper. That's why it's only 1-0 with 10 min to go in the 3rd. You find value in bets. Yes the odds are higher, but in the long run it's much better overall EV. If you want to be a square, keep paying the juice and make your favorite bets. You will never win in the long run.
    What team wins or loses doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is who covers the spread. That's why we shop lines and bet on dogs. In gambling there is only winners and losers. There is no such thing as a value bet. If Edmonton had lost last night would anyone be here saying to you that you got great value on the play?

BlindBeggar
    BlindBeggar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ellivennecq
    I can hear Atlantis full of cheer.
    Ellivennecq's Avatar Become A Pro!

[x] Level

baryon
    baryon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks, tailed yesterday
    Just a suggestion how could you write your picks, I see even you get confused

Slip 1: parlay CAL ML / DAL ML, odds 3.80, 1u, $100 to win $280
    Slip 2: parlay CAR@NJ u5 / CAL@STL o5,5, odds 3.81, 1u, $100 to win $281
    Slip 3: single BOS -1.5, odds 2.25, 2u, $200 to win $250

(on slip 2 idk what total did you get on CAR@NJ u5 or u5,5 now it's u5)

But then i don't mind whatever you do is fine

SpreadKiller
    SpreadKiller's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeahh always good to put the number on totals!

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

agree need numbers for over/unders

NHL Pro Capper

That last minute empty net goal by NJ killed that 2-game parlay for $380 Aw well, close. Disappointing effort in Boston. They are so inconsistent so far. Maybe they should stop parading that cup around to every little street in Boston and start playing hockey again.

Monday Oct 11th, 2011:

Slip 1: CAL@STL / PHX@DAL – Pick CAL parlayed with DAL money line BET, pays 3.80, bet 1 Unit, $100 to win $380 - CAL LOSS

Slip 2: CAR@NJ / CAL@STL – Pick NJ UNDER parlayed STL OVER, money line bet, pays 3.81, bet 1 Unit, $100 to win $381 - STL OVER WIN, NJ UNDER LOSE

Slip 3: COL@BOS – BOS -1.5 - Bet BOS puck line -1.5, bet 2 units@2.25, $200 to win $450, BOS LOSS

-4 Units, -$400

TOTAL PROFIT/UNITS TO DATE: -$075, -0.75 UNITS

***As I said earlier, some days will be close, if NJ doesn't get that last minute empty net goal, we are up $380 and it's a break even day. That's just the way it goes and you have to take these beats with stride. Remember its not a race, it's a marathon.

NHL Pro Capper

Late Night Special: Mon Oct 10th, 2011 - 3 game parlay

Bet:
    DALLAS, VANCOUVER, TAMPA: Pays exactly 7:1 (DAL 1.80, VAN 1.68, TAMPA 2.30)

Bet 1 Unit, $100 to win 7 Units, $700.

GOODLUCK!

TPA
    TPA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im on them all individualy

Here's to a great night

NHL Pro Capper

Quote Originally Posted by TPA View Post
    Im on them all individualy

Here's to a great night

NHL Pro Capper

Sick, Wash ties with 2 min to go, and wins shootout. VAN and DAL both won, tough beat for 7:1, so -$100

DALLAS, VANCOUVER, TAMPA: Pays exactly 7:1 (DAL 1.80, VAN 1.68, TAMPA 2.30) - DAL WIN, VAN WIN, TB LOSS

TOTAL PROFIT/UNITS TO DATE: -$175, -1.75 UNITS

BlindBeggar
    BlindBeggar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep it up. I see how your method can hit often enough to be worth it.

Do I see you taking OTT ML and the Over 5.5 tomorrow on a parlay? Or do I have you strategy a little off.

Seems like a good bet to me. Ott is rested and ready for their home opener and has shown that they can score some goals this young season. Wild are coming off a back to back against the Islanders, and MAY play their backup. Just a guess on the back up though.

ram1502
    ram1502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

I'm seeing both unders juiced at 5.5 but total goals set at 11.5(juiced on the under as well of course). Is this the norm? Or a hint from the books?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by ram1502 View Post
    I'm seeing both unders juiced at 5.5 but total goals set at 11.5(juiced on the under as well of course). Is this the norm? Or a hint from the books?
    These juiced unders have been hitting well.

Inkwell77

Is the dog and under strategy in play tonight with Florida? Or just the dog? Or just the under? No malkin. And you know how much this Florida team has improved on paper....

NHL Pro Capper

Tues Oct 11th, weird bets tonight:

Parlay FLA/PITT Under with Ottawa moneyline, pays 3.5:1, I like these bets so i am laying 2 units, $200 to win $700, GL

*No Malkin, Fla doing well, Ott home opener, Min played last night

NHL Pro Capper

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Is the dog and under strategy in play tonight with Florida? Or just the dog? Or just the under? No malkin. And you know how much this Florida team has improved on paper....
    I like Florida, but i'd rather take the under, you could bet FLA and the under, but I just still think Pens home opener they are too tough for FLA to beat. FLA has improved but there are so many new ppl, it will take some time to be able to play together or "gel"

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Tues Oct 11th, weird bets tonight:

Parlay FLA/PITT Under with Ottawa moneyline, pays 3.5:1, I like these bets so i am laying 2 units, $200 to win $700, GL

*No Malkin, Fla doing well, Ott home opener, Min played last night
    NHL
    Thanks for the picks, however mine only pays 2:1....What odds you getting NHL?

I have Ott -130 and the under juiced at -145..GL

First 1234 Last