Dharmonize
    Aces!
    Dharmonize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9427

Dharma's Hockey Thread

Hello,
    I will post my hockey plays - both sides (favs & dogs alike) and totals - in this thread. I will mostly focus on NHL, but will try to include other hockey leagues, such as KHL and Swedish Elitserien, here as well. I won't be keeping a record, as I hedge many of my bets live or sell them away during the games. I'm also not going to post here all of my plays, nor will I post them on a regular, daily basis. I might complement some of the bets with units now and then, to indicate how strong I feel about a certain play. Unless stated otherwise, the plays will be just normal-sized, one unit bets.

This thread should mainly serve one purpose: to have my own space for sharing the plays I feel comfortable about (and possibly also commenting on the games as well as venting out frustration ), without having to pollute other people's threads.

I would strongly recommend anyone not to tail me!! However, feel free to post here any analysis, opinion or a gut play of your own... anything you like, should it concern hockey. Discussions on a given topic are most welcomed, as well as anyone able to behave themselves like a decent human being!

GL on the season, everybody!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I think Novosibirsk might have a shot against Lev Poprad today. GL!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Sibir blew a two goal lead in the third and Lev took the game to ot, so I pushed. Bet365's moneylines on European hockey don't include ot.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Quote Originally Posted by Dharmonize View Post
    Bet365's moneylines on European hockey don't include ot.
    Which was rather lucky this time, as Sibir lost on penalties right now

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I'm taking Magnitogorsk (dnb) today. Traktor has been quite impressive so far this year, which certainly can't be said about Metallurg. Magnitka has already beaten Chelyabinsk 5:1 three weeks ago. Although this was at home, I still believe they have a decent chance today and will look to bounce back from their previous three losses on the road. Also wanted to play Ufa, but they somehow seem to lack that killer instinct this year and Omsk is tough to beat at home, so I'm passing on it (or might play it live). GL today!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Wow, down 0-4 after the first This is just hard to believe.... how is Magnitka that bad and Traktor that good is beyond me. Anyway, marked this one a loss already, almost no team would have a moral strength to come back after a period like that.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Taking Skelleftea ml over Modo in Elitserien. GL!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Taking Skelleftea ml over Modo in Elitserien. GL!
    2-1, winner

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I'll go easy on the NHL in week one... so just a fun bet for tonight, 120 betpoints on the Flyers GL and have a great start of the season, everyone!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

The Flyboys got it done, good start to the season!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Don't like anything in particular in European hockey today, and it's still too soon to start capping NHL seriously. I'll keep an eye on Zug against Lugano in NLA live, but don't feel like making it an "official", pregame play. GL whatever you take today!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I'll keep an eye on Zug against Lugano in NLA live, but don't feel like making it an "official", pregame play.
    Zug won 4-3...

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I'm taking a shot with the Minnesota Wild today. GL!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I'm taking a shot with the Minnesota Wild today. GL!

Minny didn't show up against the lowly Isles... I felt the line was too "generous".

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I'd take the Nucks on the pl, but many of their games against Columbus were close or going to ot in the past season. Therefore, the Canucks ml. GL!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I'd take the Nucks on the pl, but many of their games against Columbus were close or going to ot in the past season. Therefore, the Canucks ml. GL!

Glad I didn't take the pl. Nucks ml cashed

jonnyboy21
    jonnyboy21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1455

Nice play, bro

Was a bit wary of the Nucks after their disappointing opening loss at home. Also felt that perhaps the Jackets were due a victory. Anyhow, it ended well!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Just to have some afternoon action, I'm taking both dogs (AIK vs. Frolunda and Farjestads vs. Linköpings) in the Swedish Elitserien today. Only a 0.5 unit each, though. One of them should come through. Frolunda, after a great start to the season, seems to be going downhill (having lost 4 of their last 5) and starts to once again resemble the weak team they used to be in the previous seasons. As for the Linköping, they are often a good fade for me personally, very inconsistent team to say the least. Although both home favs might win today, I still feel having a little fun with a possible + payout is worth a one unit shot. GL!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy21 View Post
    Nice play, bro

Was a bit wary of the Nucks after their disappointing opening loss at home. Also felt that perhaps the Jackets were due a victory. Anyhow, it ended well!
    Welcome, buddy!
    Yeah, I've changed my strategy and stopped avoiding taking favs, especially when I feel they are worth it. I remember you were doing very well betting favs on the pl last year. We just need to pick the right spots, otherwise it's a road to hell.
    Well, the season has just begun, so we should tread carefully GL today!

jonnyboy21

Welcome, buddy!
    Yeah, I've changed my strategy and stopped avoiding taking favs, especially when I feel they are worth it. I remember you were doing very well betting favs on the pl last year. We just need to pick the right spots, otherwise it's a road to hell.
    Well, the season has just begun, so we should tread carefully GL today!
    Yeah, that's exactly what I said in my new thread. Taking it easy in the early stages of the season..

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Well, Farjestads lost 1-0 (the only goal was scored in the very first minute) And AIK game ended tied after regulation, so I got push. Lost 0.5 unit, but it was worth the fun

jonnyboy21

Considering putting a healthy bet on the Pens tonight, in regulation. I don't like the price on the ml. Malkin is scratched, but I see that as irrelevant...

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Considering putting a healthy bet on the Pens tonight, in regulation. I don't like the price on the ml. Malkin is scratched, but I see that as irrelevant...
    Sorry man, I totally dropped off. Just woke up to see the Pens are looking good so far. I wanted to play Minny, but now it's too late as they're leading. Might wait if the Sens manage to score and tie the game and put a unit on Minny live then

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Early in the season, yet Minny has already started pissing me off big time. Despite their potential, they're losing to teams they should beat easily Today, they literally gave the victory to the Sens...

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Taking Barys Astana ml against Dinamo Minsk in KHL today. GL!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Brynäs vs. Modo, Swedish Elitserien. GL!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Taking Barys Astana ml against Dinamo Minsk in KHL today. GL!
    Strange season so far. Usually great teams like Ufa or Magnitka play below average and crappy teams like Traktor Chelyabinsk or Amur Chabarovsk have been on incredible runs.
    No doubt Astana was a better team here, yet they lose 5-2 Big change of roles in KHL this year, will have to adjust to that.

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Brynäs vs. Modo, Swedish Elitserien. GL!
    Push

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I simply have to throw a unit on the Flyers in their home opener. GL!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

I simply have to throw a unit on the Flyers in their home opener. GL!
    Congrats to the Flyers as well as those who backed them tonight!

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Alright, I don't like this team, but will give it a try anyway. Linköpings ml vs. Djurgardens (Swedish Elitserien). Also leaning to AIK against Vaxjo, but will stay away from this game, as I still don't know what to expect from these teams. GL!

jonnyboy21

Gotta take the Pens tonight as a home dog! Trying the Canucks again at nice + money..

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Gotta take the Pens tonight as a home dog! Trying the Canucks again at nice + money..
    There's really nothing much for me to like in the NHL tonight. I'd take the Kings, but not as a road fav. Also kind of like the Habs at home, but the Flames are due. The Pens as a home dog sure must have some value, but it's still too tough a matchup to call. I will probably stick to some totals tonight. The over in the Nucks vs. Wings game, possibly. As for the Canucks ml, they don't seem too trustworthy so far...

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Alright, I don't like this team, but will give it a try anyway. Linköpings ml vs. Djurgardens (Swedish Elitserien). Also leaning to AIK against Vaxjo, but will stay away from this game, as I still don't know what to expect from these teams. GL!
    Linköping screwed me once again, and the AIK I decided not to play won 4-0

Dharmonize
    Aces!

Going with the Blues tonight. GL!

1234 ... Last