dr123
    dr123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Devils at sabres?

Im liking sabres at home, they just beat the devils 4 to 2 on saturday, what does everyone think?

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28270

after winning 9 of 10 the devils will try to avoid losing 3 in a row overall and 3 to the sabers this year. this will be another tight duel(i look for the under 5.5 for this game). i lean towards the devils as they will be thinking revenge game here vs the sabers and having lost in SO the night before in toronto.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a medium play on the Devils and a small play on the under.

demize21
    demize21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

devils ML

Miser
    Miser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

I got 1 unit on the Devils

dr123
    dr123's Avatar Become A Pro!

i layed off

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    I have a medium play on the Devils and a small play on the under.

I can't bring myself to playing an under when Miller starts for the Sabres, he is one of the biggest disappointments on the Buffalo team.

element1286

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    I can't bring myself to playing an under when Miller starts for the Sabres, he is one of the biggest disappointments on the Buffalo team.
    I haven't got a chance to watch too many Buffalo games, but looking at his stats, he seems ok. But if a guy isn't making the big save, then numbers aren't that important. Is that the case Plommer?

betplom
    maniac

I haven't got a chance to watch too many Buffalo games, but looking at his stats, he seems ok. But if a guy isn't making the big save, then numbers aren't that important. Is that the case Plommer?

Being 90 miles away, I watch alot of Sabres games.

Miller lets in too many softies, he also has a nasty habit of playing the puck right to the opponent and is also out of position often.

Seriously, after watching him so much and seeing how obvious his weaknesses are it's surprising the Sabres haven't addressed these issues.

First thing I'd say to him is "stay in your net" let your D men handle the puck.

3 years ago I thought he was an excellent goaltender, in my opinion he has been average (at best) the last two years.

element1286

And he just signed a 5 year, 31.25 million dollar deal, yikes. Thats a lot for any goaltender.

betplom
    maniac

And he just signed a 5 year, 31.25 million dollar deal, yikes. Thats a lot for any goaltender.

Just shows he's no different than alot of NHL players once they get the big $$$$.

As soon as they win the lottery they seem to lose alot of their competitiveness.

I saw an interesting interview of Andrew Raycroft when he was a Leaf, he played 3 brutal games in a row, he responded to reporters by saying something along the lines of "it's just a game" "I have other things in life that are more important" "I'm blessed to be paid so much money to play a game I enjoy".

Thats why I am biased against European and Russian players regarding the playoffs - ESPECIALLY the veterans, they have won the lottery of life, and are very much interested in living the good life first, hockey tends to come second. Not that I disagree with the philosophy, but it makes a difference when the important games are being played.

One reason Chicago is playing well (besides the fact they are talented) is because their core group of players are single, no wives/kids to be concerned about when they are on the road etc. They can concentrate on playing hockey.

element1286

I can buy that Plommer.

betplom
    maniac

I can buy that Plommer.
    I think this might have been the first time you've ever agreed with me.

There is hope.

element1286

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    I think this might have been the first time you've ever agreed with me.

There is hope.
    Haha.