BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Teams of Canada, Teams of Comebacks, Teams of Destiny

The Day after in Edmonton is a pretty somber experience... I also realize thanks to Sirius and others how many Oiler fans we gained in North America listening to the Show, to ESPN, etc...

The more I think about it though, despite every possible comeback that The Oilers could muster throughout the 15 wins, the more I think maybe it was the Canes writing the storyline. 2 Key spots:

April 26, Canes down 2-0 in the series on the road in Montreal, down 1-0 with under 9 left, when Captain Love, Rod Brind'Amour scores the tying goal at 11:27 of the third setting up Staal in O/T, and the Canes don't look back...

June 1, Game 7, Canes down 2-1 at home to Buffalo, Doogie Weight scores, setting up Brind'Amour again to win the game, again, just under 9 minutes remaining at 11:22 of the third to win the game...

2 Key do-or-die situations that the Canes can can make one hel of a validation that they should be the ones hoisting the cup purely on Storyline...

UGH..

BB in Edmonton

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness

June 1, Game 7, Canes down 2-1 at home to Buffalo, Doogie Weight scores, setting up Brind'Amour again to win the game, again, just under 9 minutes remaining at 11:22 of the third to win the game...
    i can't seem to forget that one.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

I thought the 11:22 and the 11:27 think was weird too no?

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

i thought this was decided in gm one when they let canes comeback from 3-0 if the oil win that game i think they win the series in 5

that gm carried over to gm2 and left the oilers in a fog........i would of like to see what the sabres would of done with atleast 4 regular defensemen