FreddDS
    FreddDS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Alllll over Edmonton tonight! What a lineup they are icing, and Vancouver is literally icing all there rookies. Looks just like Buffalo/MTL last night. Plus the game is on TSN, talk about time to cash another big winner! GL to all! Thanks for the heads up, DG!

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

10,000th Post!

My 10,000th Post! Figured I would share some degenerate stories for this special occasion.

Worst Bets I ever made:

#3 Tennis Juice
    -Never bet tennis before in my life or really watched it. Decided to make a quick $100 before cashing out my roll. All I ever heard of was this hype for Rafael Nadal so I figured this guy was unbeatable. -1150 was the price on him to win. Wouldn't you know my roll was $1175 or so. I was a little drunk and said meh might as well make a quick $100 since there's nothing else to watch at 1 am. SUBMIT BET, click. WTF have I done? So I crack a beer and put my feet up ready to enjoy a few hours of tennis. It was Nadal vs Verdasco by the way. Nadal ends up losing the first set somehow and I'm pacing around my living room shouting expletives and pleading to God to let me win this bet and I'll never do it again Anyways 6 hours later and no sleep whatsoever Nadal wins it in the 5th set. All this stress for a $100 bill, brutal experience but one I'll never forgot

#2 NCAA "Lock"
    I remember a few years back when I first started betting sports I decided to bet on a "lock" in some NCAA basketball. I used to be just reckless with my bankroll back in the day. I scouted for hours on covers and came across my "lock." It was Clemson, they were ranked like 17th or something and playing some Christian school who hadn't won a game on the road all season long. -750 was the price for the ML. I bet $750 to win $100 like a square retard Anyways they were up 2 late with like 30 seconds to go. The underdog tied it with no time left and sent the game to OT. I was at my job while this was happening. Did a bit of work then refreshed the scoreboard only to see Clemson down by 8 in OT. I pretty well felt like I had just been told my entire family was killed in a plane crash. My heart just dropped into my stomach and I wanted to smash my computer and keyboard. Pretty much the lowest of lows, but note quite

#1 Honeymoon Send Off
    -This story is just horrible. It will be in my biography one day maybe or in a what not to do to live a successful marriage book. Anyways so I tied the knot in my hometown in my backyard. Just a small gathering to make it official and avoid all the Marriage license hassles in Mexico. So the night before we leave I figure I will cash out my roll for a little recovery money once we come home. I log onto bwin and look for some degenerate live bets. Only thing on is women's beach volleyball. So I watch for about an hour until I feel I know the game inside and out The first two sets were very close. Pretty much whoever served gave up a point. The games went to 25 and the score was 12-12. I jammed my $1200 roll on over 44.5 Odds were around -400. I figure make a cool $300 and then cash out a nice round $1500. So all I need to happen is each team to score 8 points before the game ends. Should be simple I figure with each team going back and forth on serves. 14-14, "I'm a fuckin' genius!" I say to myself. $300 profit in like 5 minutes. I open the cashout window on a seperate tab ready to cash out I look back to the game 16-14. I'm like hmm, just variance I guess. 17-14, 18-14. OMFG this isn't happening is it. 19-14, 20-14, I'm laughing hysterically because the tilt I'm on is just beyond extreme. 20-16, some false hope. Please god don't fcuk me again I say. 22-16. Losing hope, the laughing picks up. 22-17. Hope arrives again, okay just 3 more points for the other team and I got this. Game ends 25-19. I miss the cover by 1 point. $1200 to $0 in a matter of minutes. Flight leaves to Mexico for the real wedding in about 6 hours Was the longest, most depressing flight of my fcukin life. Never again

Cheers boys, hope you enjoyed the stories and make sure you don't ever do retarded shit like this

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

^^^^

Great Post!! Congrats!

Blackhawks Tonight:

FORWARDS
    29 BICKELL
    52 BOLLIG
    13 CARCILLO
    49 DIDOMENICO
    58 FROESE
    67 GILBERT
    59 KLINKHAMMER
    72 LEBLANC
    23 McLEAN
    37 PIRRI
    43 SAAD
    65 SHAW

DEFENSE
    56 CONNELLY
    42 LALONDE
    46 LAVIN
    8 LEDDY
    20 LEPISTO
    6 O'DONNELL
    32 SCOTT

GOALTENDERS
    30 EMERY
    53 SALAK

This looks like it is probably going to be fun to watch but not worth putting anything down on it. It is going to be on NHL Network here in the US.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Yeah I looked at both CHI and PIT rosters and really couldn't get much of an edge on either side. Looking like a coin flip to me.

FlaxMartin
    FlaxMartin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5146

Darn, to much boxplay for the oilers in the first period

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by FlaxMartin View Post
    Darn, to much boxplay for the oilers in the first period
    Yup they were brutal. It's basically VAN's AHL squad vs the Oilers regular season roster. Hopefully they get their shit together.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

My god the Oilers are bad. Way to give up a shorty to end the period. Wow finally a goal for the Coilers as I'm typing.

FlaxMartin

Come on guys, shorthanded goal late in 2nd and all

FlaxMartin

During the regular season, that would´ve been a psychological goal to get, hopefully that will give them oilers some air under the wings

DennisGreen
    Update your status

God damn Canucks outplaying the Oilers. No excuse for the Oilers to lose that game, they seemed to think it would be a cake walk and didn't bring the effort tonight.

0-2 -$340 on the night.

3-2 +$60 overall preseason record.

815Sox

I watched a little bit of the game last night, but it was getting to be too late here near Chicago to finish it. My book didn't have those lines so thankfully I didn't play it. I thought the Oilers would have beaten the Canucks Wolves Squad. I am assuming I will see some of those guys when the Icehogs play the Wolves.

That fight was goofy.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Shit happens in preseason DG, get it back tonight

Kaizen
    Kaizen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1331

Really nice stories DG! Especially,I liked your tennis story because of happy ending

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!
    TomJSports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    #3 Tennis Juice
    -Never bet tennis before in my life or really watched it. Decided to make a quick $100 before cashing out my roll. All I ever heard of was this hype for Rafael Nadal so I figured this guy was unbeatable. -1150 was the price on him to win. Wouldn't you know my roll was $1175 or so. I was a little drunk and said meh might as well make a quick $100 since there's nothing else to watch at 1 am. SUBMIT BET, click. WTF have I done? So I crack a beer and put my feet up ready to enjoy a few hours of tennis. It was Nadal vs Verdasco by the way. Nadal ends up losing the first set somehow and I'm pacing around my living room shouting expletives and pleading to God to let me win this bet and I'll never do it again Anyways 6 hours later and no sleep whatsoever Nadal wins it in the 5th set. All this stress for a $100 bill, brutal experience but one I'll never forgot
    I almost bet on that one solely because my girlfriend wouldn't stop all tourney talking about how cute Verdasco was.

SqueegeInc.
    SqueegeInc.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Dennis, will be following you throughout the year.. Good luck! Noticed your twitter name is SonicTilt, is that a poker reference? Are you full time poker/gambling?

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    Shit happens in preseason DG, get it back tonight
    Definitely. Will hopefully have a better night, GL tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
    Really nice stories DG! Especially,I liked your tennis story because of happy ending

Quote Originally Posted by TomJSports View Post
    I almost bet on that one solely because my girlfriend wouldn't stop all tourney talking about how cute Verdasco was.
    Beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueegeInc. View Post
    Dennis, will be following you throughout the year.. Good luck! Noticed your twitter name is SonicTilt, is that a poker reference? Are you full time poker/gambling?
    It is. I made it up one day it's my extreme form of tilt I go on. Used to play poker online a lot but not much anymore. Still play every so often on bwin and have done pretty well on low limit MTTs. I use gambling to supplement my income but it's not a full time job or anything for me. One day maybe I will try to go pro

azimm11
    azimm11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1757

DG, continue on the trend of making money during the NHL season. Looking forward to following your picks!

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Been busy today so picks will be late and sporadic if I have any today.

FLA/TB Over 5.5 (-125)

DennisGreen
    Update your status

CLS/MIN Over 5.5 (+100)

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Much better day

2-0 +$300 on the day.

5-2 +$360 overall in the preseason.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

Nice going,TB over had me worried for a bit but bad goaltending always comes through

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Nice going,TB over had me worried for a bit but bad goaltending always comes through
    Yup wasn't looking too good there but came through for us

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

DG, thinking VAN in regulation tonight. What's their lineup look like?

DennisGreen
    Update your status

DG, thinking VAN in regulation tonight. What's their lineup look like?
    Sounds like Schneider will play the full game tonight for VAN which is a good start. Haven't heard anything about the rest of their lineup though yet.

815Sox

I think TB is going to be pretty damn good this year. Stevie Y workers wonders...

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Hey DG!

Lookin like a nice start so far...here's to another successful season for ya!

Ill try to bounce some prop ideas for ya in this thread. Last year was pretty nice, so hopefully this season is too.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 815Sox View Post
    I think TB is going to be pretty damn good this year. Stevie Y workers wonders...
    Stevey Y is a genius. TB should be contenders again for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post
    Hey DG! Lookin like a nice start so far...here's to another successful season for ya! Ill try to bounce some prop ideas for ya in this thread. Last year was pretty nice, so hopefully this season is too.
    Welcome back man. Can't wait for some player props. They were really an untapped resource last year that I'd like to explore more this year.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Was super busy this weekend so that's why no plays. Bet some NFL today and barely won my big bet NE Over 30.5. They got 31 Fantasy football season going great so far in most of my 8 pools

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Just read your 10,000th post!

That's some funny sh*t!

!

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

D to the G to the

btw lol just wanna share that i went to the first preseason game of the montreal canadians and my gosh the rookies sucked bad... a 5 minute second period onslaught that brought the team 3 points wasn't enough in the end for a 3-5 loss... o well haha

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

o damn DG, some good stories with good recaps on climaxes too lol... well atleast you won the Nadal bet i mean it IS 100$ after all
    but yeah ive made similar mistakes and i will try to learn from yours and mine... but really i say this now but when im stone cold DRUNK there's really nothing that stop me, HAHAHA i feel so evil at those moments but in the end it i realized i shoulda went for my second instinct and faded myself

also just wanna say Congrats to a very good and promising start to a NHL season with hopefully less drunk bets and more bookie pounding

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
    That's some funny sh*t!

!
    TY sir. Glad you enjoyed it

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lolguy999 View Post
    D to the G to the

btw lol just wanna share that i went to the first preseason game of the montreal canadians and my gosh the rookies sucked bad... a 5 minute second period onslaught that brought the team 3 points wasn't enough in the end for a 3-5 loss... o well haha
    Damn well I hope you didn't pay too much for your ticket

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lolguy999 View Post
    o damn DG, some good stories with good recaps on climaxes too lol... well atleast you won the Nadal bet i mean it IS 100$ after all
    but yeah ive made similar mistakes and i will try to learn from yours and mine... but really i say this now but when im stone cold DRUNK there's really nothing that stop me, HAHAHA i feel so evil at those moments but in the end it i
    realized i shoulda went for my second instinct and faded myself

also just wanna say Congrats to a very good and promising start
    to a NHL season with hopefully less drunk bets and more bookie pounding
    Thanks man and yeah drunken gambling is absolutely brutal. Especially when you don't remember and you wake up, log in and see $0.00

Luckily I have enough sense not to do it anymore or if I feel I might I tell my buddy to log on and change my password for me until the morning

RickyG033
    RickyG033's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excuse my ignorance...

I noticed you bet a team -0.5 earlier in this thread. I don't really understand that. Since there are no ties, wouldn't this just be the same as the moneyline? Although, I noticed it offered different odds.

Please let me know what I am missing!! I don't bet too much hockey but will be following this season.

Thanks!

First 123456 ... Last