thekidrounder
    thekidrounder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fantasy Keeper Question

Im in a keeper league this being the first year of selecting a keeper and it must be a player drafted round 5 or below if you had to choose a goalie between Mason or Pavalec who would you choose. Appreciate all thoughts/comments/bashes(yes i know these arnt studs but work with me ppl lol)

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Gonna need some info on what gets you points. Also, assuming you mean Steve Mason??

Mason, as much as I dislike him and think he's still overrated. Columbus just has nothing in the system that can replace him for the next 5-7 years. As CBJ improves, and they look to finally be on that track (mainly because Johansen will be a stud in the near future) his win totals will improves.

Pavs has the benefit of a better defense but I think. The jets are farther away from becoming a good team and it could be a while until he puts up good win numbers. He will also split a lot of games to (the other) Mason for the near future. So if you are looking at wins + shutouts, I'd go with Steve Mason.

Tom Jane
    Tom Jane's Avatar Become A Pro!

As someone who is around the Blue Jackets, I echo nearly everything aznbluff said. Steve Mason.

thekidrounder
    thekidrounder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by aznbluff View Post
    Gonna need some info on what gets you points. Also, assuming you mean Steve Mason??

Mason, as much as I dislike him and think he's still overrated. Columbus just has nothing in the system that can replace him for the next 5-7 years. As CBJ improves, and they look to finally be on that track (mainly because Johansen will be a stud in the near future) his win totals will improves.

Pavs has the benefit of a better defense but I think. The jets are farther away from becoming a good team and it could be a while until he puts up good win numbers. He will also split a lot of games to (the other) Mason for the near future. So if you are looking at wins + shutouts, I'd go with Steve Mason.
    Yes steve mason sorry, cats are w, .gaa sv% n shutouts. I think your right and hope the CBJ improves with there budding o talent up front. Only lean on pava was sometimes magically things happen in franchise expansions (ie. col) Thanks for the input!