guil0000
    guil0000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2115

2 futures I now like with the additions

New York Rangers to win the cup +3900 (Unibet), Risking 1 unit to win 39 units

Richards is of course the main reason for this pick. He likes playing for Torotorella and Tortorella likes Richards. It now puts 2 stars on this team that was 16th in goal scoring last year. Richards should help Gaborik a lot. They have a good maturing core on defence and one of the best goaltenders. They were 5th in goals against last year. No doubt in my mind this is a playoff team this year.

Buffalo Sabres to win the cup +3300 (William Hill), Risking 1 unit to win 33 units.

Let's not forget this was a playoff team last year without Roy for the majority of the season. The forwards are all back for another year. I don't really like the big contract for Leino but it adds depth to the forward position. Where this team improved a lot is on the defence. Erhoff is a top notch puck mover and Regehr should solidify the defence. Him and Myers who is also a year older should help Miller. They were 17th in goals against last year with their quality goaltending this is way too high.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Yea nice bets....No doubt I can foresee a BUF/NYR Eastern Conference final....Now will either one of them win the cup ? :clueless:

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBeerHere View Post
    Yea nice bets....No doubt I can foresee a BUF/NYR Eastern Conference final....Now will either one of them win the cup ? :clueless:

you are smoking rocks.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by guil0000 View Post
    New York Rangers to win the cup +3900 (Unibet), Risking 1 unit to win 39 units

Richards is of course the main reason for this pick. He likes playing for Torotorella and Tortorella likes Richards. It now puts 2 stars on this team that was 16th in goal scoring last year. Richards should help Gaborik a lot. They have a good maturing core on defence and one of the best goaltenders. They were 5th in goals against last year. No doubt in my mind this is a playoff team this year.

Buffalo Sabres to win the cup +3300 (William Hill), Risking 1 unit to win 33 units.

Let's not forget this was a playoff team last year without Roy for the majority of the season. The forwards are all back for another year. I don't really like the big contract for Leino but it adds depth to the forward position. Where this team improved a lot is on the defence. Erhoff is a top notch puck mover and Regehr should solidify the defence. Him and Myers who is also a year older should help Miller. They were 17th in goals against last year with their quality goaltending this is way too high.

im seeing buffalo at 20/1 at 5dimes. what site are they 33/1?

ochenta y cinco
    ochenta y cinco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buffalo is now a Cup contender as far as I'm concerned. A well-coached team with tremendous assets and an elite goalie can do lots of damage.

Call me a homer, but I believe the Habs are worth a shot too, no matter what the line is. With an healthy line-up, getting their #1 and #3 d-men back (Markov, a top-10 D when in game shape, and Gorges), plus the addition of a power forward in Erik Cole, this Montreal team can go very far.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like these bets as well. Anytime you can get an above average team at a higher price than 30/1 you are making a smart play.

Marauders
    Marauders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

Both of these team will have a chance because of their top tier goaltending in Lundqvist and Miller. At this point, I like Buffalo's team a little more than the Rangers because of their Ds.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by ochenta y cinco View Post
    Buffalo is now a Cup contender as far as I'm concerned. A well-coached team with tremendous assets and an elite goalie can do lots of damage.

Call me a homer, but I believe the Habs are worth a shot too, no matter what the line is. With an healthy line-up, getting their #1 and #3 d-men back (Markov, a top-10 D when in game shape, and Gorges), plus the addition of a power forward in Erik Cole, this Montreal team can go very far.

i saw a fat line on the habs (+3000) and thought about it. But then again, they're a 1 line team. The Gionta/Cammalleri line is good. they are both very good players. Suban is good too. But to be cup contender, you need 3 solid lines of depth, and you need 3 lines of fairly solid defensive lines, especially if you don't have 1 defensive line that is a big-time shut-down pair that can play almost 30 minutes a night.

Price is decent. miller is good. lundqvist is good. But i don't put them on same level as thomas. I just think bruins, pittsburgh, TB, and washington are best teams in east. flyers would be contender, but they traded away key players, and goaltending an issue for them with how Boucher played this playoffs. Will free-agent signing put them back in contention? perhaps. but i haven't followed free-agent signing extremely closely. I'm still enjoying the hoisting of the cup in the city of Boston.

The question is, is 30-1 odds worth it? perhaps. those are very big odds. I'd wait till the end of free-agency to fire. They are 30-1 for a reason. Bos, pittsburgh, washington, TB are all better teams in the east.

30-1 is tempting. but they are 30-1 for a reason. not only do they have to beat 4-5 better teams in the east, but they also have to beat whomever comes out of the west. Notably: the Wings, San Jose, vancouver.

ochenta y cinco
    ochenta y cinco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    i saw a fat line on the habs (+3000) and thought about it. But then again, they're a 1 line team. The Gionta/Cammalleri line is good. they are both very good players. Suban is good too. But to be cup contender, you need 3 solid lines of depth, and you need 3 lines of fairly solid defensive lines, especially if you don't have 1 defensive line that is a big-time shut-down pair that can play almost 30 minutes a night.
    I'm sorry but your evaluation of the offence is wrong, starting with the Gionta-Cammalleri which really doesn't exist because Cammy always played on the Plekanec line and Gionta with Gomez. Montreal will have 3 well-balanced lines in 2011-12. Cammalleri-Plekanec-Gionta-Cole-Gomez-Pacioretty-Kosyn-Eller-Desharnais is pretty decent top-9 with skill, speed and some grit. With Markov and Subban (two of the best offensive d-men you'll find) playing the point, you can count on the Habs' pp unit to remain atop tier of the league.

Let's not forget that before Pacioretty was rammed into the board by big Zdeno Chara, he was scoring at a pretty decent pace (14 goals in only 37 games). Cole is good for 25 goals, and maybe Cammalleri can stay healthy for once.

Price is decent. miller is good. lundqvist is good. But i don't put them on same level as thomas. I just think bruins, pittsburgh, TB, and washington are best teams in east. flyers would be contender, but they traded away key players, and goaltending an issue for them with how Boucher played this playoffs.
    Haha you really haven't been following trades and signings have you? Flyers have made room for Ilya Bryzgalov (he signed a 9-yr, $51m contract) by trading Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. The goaltending is far from an issue now in Philly. They're still a solid team even after those trades, since they acquired youth and signed a few character guys, Jaromir Jagr being the most obvious one. Their defence is still a definite strength, so they're not totally out of contention. They'll probably end up 6th-7th in the East, the top-5 consisting of Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington, Montreal and Tampa/Buffalo.

The question is, is 30-1 odds worth it? perhaps. those are very big odds. I'd wait till the end of free-agency to fire. They are 30-1 for a reason. Bos, pittsburgh, washington, TB are all better teams in the east.
    With Price in goal and Markov-Subban 1-2 punch on defence, anything is possible as far as I'm concerned. Count on me to make a small to medium wager on them at 30-1.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buffalo seems to do well when its not expected, and do poorly when a decent season is expected.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Buffalo should be within the top 4 in the eastern conference if they remain healthy. Miller is one of the best, plus there additions makes them a contender. Rangers, meh, not impressed with them, even with Richards.