farfaraway
    farfaraway's Avatar Become A Pro!

shame

whata shame really got rid of 2 ppl who run the show..nice

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    what a shitty deal for Carter, just signed an 11 year extension and they trade him before the no-trade kicks in for 2012. If he waited to free agency he could have picked his team, now he's stuck in Columbus
    Yup, Carter is pissed, he hasn't even spoke to Columbus management yet.

Philly fvcked him over hard, don't sign a guy to a 11 year deal if you don't want him.

This will come back to haunt philly, guys are going to be very wary of signing a contract with this sh*t organization.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Anyone signing these decade long contracts deserves to be fukked.

Bryzgalov is on the downswing of his career, this move comes back to haunt PHI.

They should have traded Richards and Carter and rode Bobrovsky this season to see what he's really made of and make a run in two seasons.

Makes no sense making a move for an ageing goalie and removing all your offensive chemistry if you want to make a run next season.

Not sure what the fukk is going on in PHI, but fans can expect their team to miss the playoffs this season.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Anyone signing these decade long contracts deserves to be fukked.

Bryzgalov is on the downswing of his career, this move comes back to haunt PHI.

They should have traded Richards and Carter and rode Bobrovsky this season to see what he's really made of and make a run in two seasons.

Makes no sense making a move for an ageing goalie and removing all your offensive chemistry if you want to make a run next season.

Not sure what the fukk is going on in PHI, but fans can expect their team to miss the playoffs this season.
    Right on Key I agree with everything you said. Not sure why people are getting all excited about Bryzgalov. It seems like philly management over-reacted to the goalie platoon they had last year and cleared a bunch of cap space to over pay a 31 year old goalie to a 9 year contract.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

They'll still make the playoffs though no question.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    They'll still make the playoffs though no question.
    Until we see how they replace their top two offensive stars, a hurt and ageing Pronger, and how Bryzgalov plays after signing a long-term big money contract, there is zero reason to believe they will make the playoffs.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Flyers will make the playoffs. That isn't even an issue.

dbnmln
    dbnmln's Avatar Become A Pro!

Until we see how they replace their top two offensive stars, a hurt and ageing Pronger, and how Bryzgalov plays after signing a long-term big money contract, there is zero reason to believe they will make the playoffs.

I love people that follow the flyers.

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

who really gives a f*ck.

skm39
    skm39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3988

Shocking to see Richards traded. He's the prototypical guy that every team wants on their team, perennial Selke contender and can change a game with a big hit. It's like the Blackhawks trading Toews or the Canucks trading Kesler. Still, their package they got in return is pretty sweet and they can go after Stamkos with an offer sheet.

stevek173

Anyone log onto www.lakings.com lately? Yeah they're a LITTLE excited to have him in town. Unreal.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

flyers will sign brad richards

stevek173

Or Stamkos

BRAVES1985

leafs will offersheet stamkos

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

Stamkos first priority will probably get an offer sheet for a contract between 12 - 15 years at over 100 million. It will be front loaded to the NHL max 12.86 million a year in the first few years. If TB matched think they will move to Brad Richards if they cannot sign might have to settle for Erik Cole as a fallback.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Flyers after Stamkos...wow that would be an amazing sign.

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    Flyers after Stamkos...wow that would be an amazing sign.
    I'd cream my pants. Literally.

BRAVES1985

wow if flyers get stamkos that would be sick

stamkos and schenn for the next decade

pgall08
    Update your status
    pgall08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 172

Stamkos isn't going to the Flyers. TB will match any offer

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

it's the NHL. over half the teams in the league make the playoffs, and they just significantly upgraded their worst position.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    it's the NHL. over half the teams in the league make the playoffs, and they just significantly upgraded their worst position.
    I don't follow that math, to be honest. Let's look at the regular season numbers since we are talking about making the playoffs, not what happens in them:

Bryzgalov went 36-20-10 with a 2.44 GAA and .920 SV%.

PHI's goaltending duo went 47-23-10 with a 2.54 GAA and .915 SV%.

I don't see any significant upgrade and I hardly consider those numbers to represent the "worst position" on the team. What I do see is the acquisition of a 31 year old goalie on a big money contract.

What they downgraded was offense and defense, losing #3 and #4 on their offense, the guy who takes the most shots in Carter, their best two way player in Richards, and pretty much the watering down of their entire offense.

Again, until we see who they pick up to replace those two players, I don't think PHI has done anything to improve their standing in the league.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    phucked up, isnt it
    *dropped $93 in bets for hoosier/meadowlands/ocean downs/maywood and yonkers....off to the corner turbans joint for lottery tickets
    Let me know how that lotto goes!

bruceBRUCEbruce

wanna make a points bet? this is where you put up, or shut up, likely the latter.

dazed99
    dazed99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1850

Quote Originally Posted by pgall08 View Post
    Stamkos isn't going to the Flyers. TB will match any offer
    I agree there is no way he doesn't stay in TB

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    wanna make a points bet? this is where you put up, or shut up, likely the latter.
    Sure, give me odds. I don't much care for future bets like this since I never fukking heard of you and have no idea if you'll be around by the time you have to pay, if you'll have the points to pay me, or if you will pay at all.

bruceBRUCEbruce

Sure, give me odds. I don't much care for future bets like this since I never fukking heard of you and have no idea if you'll be around by the time you have to pay, if you'll have the points to pay me, or if you will pay at all.
    my 1000 points to your 500?

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

flyers aint getting double s. not. happenin.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

The bizarre offseason for the Flyers continues

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler

Offseason has been fine in my opinion until today. Would have loved to see them resign Leino to a long term deal but Buffalo grabbed him. Jagr is alright, good veteran presence, still has some left in the tank....Talbot decent signing as well...also Voracek

stevek173

Very good day all in all for Black and Orange. Jagr will play with Giroux and JVR and Talbot brings back some of that character they lost when they traded Richie. Voracek can score. Yes Leino hurts and management really wanted him but a craft playmaker ain't worth 6 years 27 million that is ******* ridonkulous.

Philly remains in the running for Brad Richards. I am loving the Pitt fan reactions to Jagr and Talbot. I had the news on mute while working and saw a picture of him come up that said "Jagr signs with the enemy". ******* classic.

dbnmln
    dbnmln's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take talbot over carcillo any day. Versteeg....won't miss him thats for sure.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    Rumor on the local sports radio/media scene is Richards was partying a bit too hard....when you hear the words "binge" in the same sentence as "partying" and "nightlife" .. is a good indication that thing aren't going well
    Apparently it was more than partying. Lets just say women of very important people where involved. It was a case of get rid of them or it turns into the playboy manison and the house of horrors all in one building.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

So Philly fans like this pick up of a 39 year old Jagr??? Really? Or is it just because he use to be a Penguin?? It's hard for me to see him contributing anything much more than a 40 year old Modano did for the Redwings IMO

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Or what Forsberg did.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    So Philly fans like this pick up of a 39 year old Jagr??? Really? Or is it just because he use to be a Penguin?? It's hard for me to see him contributing anything much more than a 40 year old Modano did for the Redwings IMO
    Jagr has still played well overseas...he only missed 13 games total in the past 3 seasons in the KHL and has put up pretty good numbers for his age. Modano is different, the guy has declined noticeably in the past few years before even getting to the Red Wings. Forsberg is a laughable comparison as well because the guy hardly played overseas. Since 2007, the guy played 35 games total before coming back and expected to do well.

First 123456 Last