hultas
    hultas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

5 key statistics

I'm trying to figure out hockeys 5 best statistics for "deciding" the conditions of a matchup.

Would you agree with me that win%, home/away-win%, goalie-stats, winning/losing-streak is the first four? Which other stat would you pick as the fifth?

pgall08
    Update your status
    pgall08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 172

Team B2B stats if applicable. Historical stats Vs opponent

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stats are important but these are all taken into consideration with the lines. You can spend as much time as you want analyzing these basic stats that are available to everyone but they won't make you a winning capper. People have tried using these stats but would up batting .500 at best.

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28270

read teams local papers

hultas
    hultas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Stats are important but these are all taken into consideration with the lines. You can spend as much time as you want analyzing these basic stats that are available to everyone but they won't make you a winning capper. People have tried using these stats but would up batting .500 at best.
    That's not an answer to my question. I have other filters, I'm just looking to decide the fifth most important stat.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

I very much like to look at how a goalie has done vs that team in recent years (try to go back about 7 to 10 years for that one)
    Some goalies just have some teams #'s.

But you need to know so much more than stats when betting hockey, how hit hot is the team, how much travel did they have this week? Has the goalie got enough rest to play this game? Are there any injuries that may affect the outcome of this game? Is there a rookie on the blueline? Has the teams top scorers been scoring at his regular pace, or is he super hot or ice cold coming into the game?

stats give a slight indication as to whats going to happen, but more I find its the goalies and how they have played recently and how often they have played recently that is a telling way to better predict the outcome of NHL games.

There are a handful of goalies that are good for 30-35 wins a year, these goalies on small chase systems sometimes can yield great profits....but that's if you like to chase bet. I try not to, too often...as I find most chase system will bury you before they turn a solid profit.

Stat #5: Goalie vs team historically and how have they fared in the last 10 meetings? Last 20? Last 30?
    Try and stay away from stat based betting systems though, most of them don't even come close to 50%.

Good luck though. I'll hope you win...and win some more!