blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

690 players in the NHL and 665 didn't get a cup either. geez.

2 great guys. Work hard, 2 of the top skilled players in the league, class acts on and off the ice.

What is your sports icon or idol?

Attachment 29401
    Common Dwight. You gotta admit its kind of funny.

Vick's a Gangsta!

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    Americans are idiots. Ignorant. Classless. N A bunch of rude fcuks! No wonder nobody likes them. I've been to the states numerous times n never once have I heard a please or thank you. All I see is a bunch of angry unhappy sea of ppl

well if you would take off that funny looking goalie mask when u go out to eat in public, u proly will get a different response from us.

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post

The Canadians may have valid claims regarding their players contributing a lot to the NHL but ownership wins Cups. This just goes to show that American ownership of hockey teams is far and above better than Canadian owners at their own game.
    So how do you justify what happened in Atlanta and what is about to happen in Phoenix?

blittydeuce

Quote Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post
    So how do you justify what happened in Atlanta and what is about to happen in Phoenix?
    Phoenix isn't going anywhere.

We have beaten you guys in international competition recently.

Both countries are almost even talent-wise. There is a long hockey history in each country.

The truth is that Canada does not have a monopoly on hockey, like some of you guys wish it had.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I don't give a f u c k about hockey. I made exactly 11 bets all season.

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by blittydeuce View Post

Phoenix isn't going anywhere.

We have beaten you guys in international competition recently.

Both countries are almost even talent-wise. There is a long hockey history in each country.

The truth is that Canada does not have a monopoly on hockey, like some of you guys wish it had.
    LOL, are you actually being serious with anything you've said? What you've written is completely and utter nonsense.

1. The only reason the Coyotes are still playing in Phoenix is because the city guaranteed the first $25 in losses to the NHL. There is no way that is happening again for the subsequent season. This team is as good as gone.

2. Beaten us in international competetion? What one? Under 14s? Fact: Canada beat the USA for the Gold Medal in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. The USA lost.

3. Both countries are even talent wise?!? This has to be a joke. There are so many ways this can be rebutted. Here's a few:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/pl...1/seasontype/2

The first American shows up tied for 15th place.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/pl...s/seasontype/2

Only 3 Americans in the Top 20.

4. The truth is, Canada does have a monopoly on hockey even though you and your inferiority complex wishes it didn't.

Seriously, what do they teach you in those schools down there? Anything? Everything you said was nonsense. Don't you guys even know how to form a basic argument or do you just spew whatever is on the top of your head and hope it sticks?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8060

blittydeuce

blittydeuce

USA beats Canada for gold at the 2010 World Junior Hockey Championships
    http://www.rawcharge.com/2010/1/6/12...or-gold-at-the

"When the Americans skated off the ice after an improbable 5-3 victory over Team Canada, they had claimed a spot in hockey lore. The last time the United States beat Canada in Olympic competition was in 1960. And Monday was the 30th anniversary of the Miracle on" Ice.http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/23/sp.../23hockey.html

blittydeuce

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8060

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

we did it america.

by god.

forsberg21

USA beats Canada for gold at the 2010 World Junior Hockey Championships
    http://www.rawcharge.com/2010/1/6/12...or-gold-at-the

"When the Americans skated off the ice after an improbable 5-3 victory over Team Canada, they had claimed a spot in hockey lore. The last time the United States beat Canada in Olympic competition was in 1960. And Monday was the 30th anniversary of the Miracle on" Ice.http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/23/sp.../23hockey.html
    LOL, is that the best you could come up with?

An under 20 tournament that happened in 2010. By the way, Canada beat the USA at the World Juniors in 2011 in the semis to prevent the US from going to the gold medal game.

So you think that a round robin victory over Canada is more convincing than losing in the gold medal game?

Geeeeeez, WTF do they teach you guys down there? The only life skill you're good at is pop culture. Your arguments aren't very compelling. You've listed an under 20 tourney and a round robin victory. Anything else? Or is that all you and your pathetic argument have?

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

I think you wore out this thread forsy.

Time to start another "i hate america thread"

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Was every Canadian all-in on Vancouver or something I mean wtf????

Its not like THAT team is Canadian and the Bruins are American, ALL the teams are Canadian bc Canada is the only country that plays ice hockey other than Greenland and Russia, wtf are you idiots getting upset about?

Nobody in this country even knew that the Stanley Cup was being played until you burnt the city of Vancouver to the ground, guess I have to give you guys credit for goin all out to bring attention to the sport

OnTheRise23
    OnTheRise23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1850

So sad

OnTheRise23
    OnTheRise23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1850

Being up 2-0

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Was every Canadian all-in on Vancouver or something I mean wtf???? Its not like THAT team is Canadian and the Bruins are American, ALL the teams are Canadian bc Canada is the only country that plays ice hockey other than Greenland and Russia, wtf are you idiots getting upset about? Nobody in this country even knew that the Stanley Cup was being played until you burnt the city of Vancouver to the ground, guess I have to give you guys credit for goin all out to bring attention to the sport
    LOL For real. I never thought one country was ever better than the other... but this Forsberg21 gopher stepped on my toes. I'm glad Boston shoved it right up your ass!

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

LOL For real. I never thought one country was ever better than the other... but this Forsberg21 gopher stepped on my toes. I'm glad Boston shoved it right up your ass!
    If I was actually a Canucks fan, I might have cared, but since I live 5000+ km from Vancouver, I could care less that they lost. They didn't deserve to win.

If you're not from Boston or are not a Bruins fan, or made a ton of money on the game, then I don't see why you should care either.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

hush little wuss

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

If I was actually a Canucks fan, I might have cared, but since I live 5000+ km from Vancouver, I could care less that they lost. They didn't deserve to win. If you're not from Boston or are not a Bruins fan, or made a ton of money on the game, then I don't see why you should care either.
    I made just enough on Game 7 to make it interesting. My point is... if you aren't from Canada... why would you create a thread like this to bash USA? It doesn't make much sense. I know just enough about hockey to tell you that it's never USA VS Canada when it comes down to the Stanley Cup Finals if one city from Canada takes on another city from the USA. Maybe you feel that way? But I don't. Never even crossed my mind. So, naturally anyone from USA is going to gang up on you. You made a silly statement.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Who's Stanley and why did he give away his cup?

StokesChargers
    StokesChargers's Avatar Become A Pro!

A win for an American team is a win for the NHL and a win for Canadians. It looks like Vancouver will be our only hope for the next few years, which isn't a bad thing. Let's hope American teams can keep on winning and in turn help build more stable fan bases down south.

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

I made just enough on Game 7 to make it interesting. My point is... if you aren't from Canada... why would you create a thread like this to bash USA? It doesn't make much sense. I know just enough about hockey to tell you that it's never USA VS Canada when it comes down to the Stanley Cup Finals if one city from Canada takes on another city from the USA. Maybe you feel that way? But I don't. Never even crossed my mind. So, naturally anyone from USA is going to gang up on you. You made a silly statement.
    I would have made this thread if I were from Iceland.

The US is simply a bad, bad joke. It huffs and puffs, belts out it's chest, tells the whole world it's the greatest, when in reality, the whole world is laughing behind the US's back about how much of joke of a country it really is.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I would have made this thread if I were from Iceland.

The US is simply a bad, bad joke. It huffs and puffs, belts out it's chest, tells the whole world it's the greatest, when in reality, the whole world is laughing behind the US's back about how much of joke of a country it really is.
    and we laugh at how dumbfcks like you stereotype an entire country. doing the same thing you get mad about when people are making fun of vancouver like they are all of canada.

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post

and we laugh at how dumbfcks like you stereotype an entire country. doing the same thing you get mad about when people are making fun of vancouver like they are all of canada.
    I've been to the US many times, and it's actually not a stereotype. Sure, there are many intelligent, interesting Americans that I've spoken to, but from my experience, the masses in the US, are such ignorant, simple people, that I'm shocked that it's this middle class of citizens that make up this so called "best country in the world".

I mean, 80% of the topics these people talked about were fast food, college sports, getting drunk and women that they could never pull. That's it. There isn't much beyond it than that. I mean, the people for the most part are good natured and have good intentions, but they are simple people over there. I have nothing against these types of Americans, but when the ones I see on these boards start thinking they're the shit, then those are the ones that have to be put in their place. You are the ones who are riding the coattails of the US's successful past history but are completely oblivious to how screwed you guys are now and will be in the future.

First 1234