jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post
    That sums it up. 13 or 14 Canadians on this team. Was in a bar last night and over half the bar was cheering for the Bruins. Only those dumb ass Canadians whose team was already out were cheering for Vancouver. Canadians once again enjoying the cup.
    Ive never understood this argument, its just plain stupid. So according to people in this thread, the NBA championship should belong to Germany?Or maybe Serbia since Peja is from there. What about France, Mavericks backup center is from France. So apparently the Mavericks should ship their trophy overseas.

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Whats a stanley cup?
    lol

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

To the idiot who created this stupid thread. What's with your people in Vancouver acting like sore maniac losers.... 100 arrested... can't keep their emotions in check?? And neither can you. You pathetic Canuck.

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Yes, obviously USA is better than Canada at hockey.... I mean look at all the valid points made in this thread! I think the yanks are just bitter that Canada beat them in the only World Hockey Tournament that matters -- the Olympics.
    Congrats on squeeking out the gold in OT.

Last i checked the 2010 Olympics was in YOUR home country and the US came up there and whooped everybodys ass in what matters most in the olympics, overall medal count.

United States 37
    Germany 30
    Canada 26

Thx for being the host though.

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

We did just win... so blow it out your canadian ass!

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Grasping for straws with that angle.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

hockey sucks anyways

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

We did it!!!!!!!!

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17828

canadians act all high and superior, but when it comes down to it they are savages like any other peoples as we can see from the idiotic behavior that went down in vancouver. literal white savages acting like poor ghetto folk. you racist scum.

MYFOOTBALLGAME
    MYFOOTBALLGAME's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Looked like LA. They need to calm down and drink a few extras in Vancouver next time. We did it with class in Dallas.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Quote Originally Posted by SprayBoy View Post
    Is it hard being this stupid? Your logic flows as follows: Canadians are arrogant about how good they are at hockey. The Vancouver canucks failed to win the stanley cup. Therefore Canadians are laughable and live in a "joke ass country".
    Well actually buddy, that's not quite how logic works. The team vancouver canucks consists of 10 Canadian players that play regularly. The bruins? Well they have 17......on about a 23 man roster....So how is Canada a joke ass country if a team which incidentally plays in Canada couldn't win the cup this year?
    I mean you can't even take credit for making the team...that was put together by a Canadian. How bout taking credit for coaching it? Nop. Canadian too ... it is nothing more than an incidental fact Boston won it...as the city Boston didn't produce any talent in the first place.
    Again though, is it hard being this stupid champ?
    The conn smythe winner is from flint mi. That's in America. 17? Doesn't really matter bc it was all about one. The best player in the NHL in the reg season, and the best in the playoffs.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Quote Originally Posted by Inspirited View Post
    canadians act all high and superior, but when it comes down to it they are savages like any other peoples as we can see from the idiotic behavior that went down in vancouver. literal white savages acting like poor ghetto folk. you racist scum.
    Thats bc they aren't. But, no one is. And certainly not Americans.

clarkacal
    clarkacal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Let the Yanks have their 24 hours of glory. They will forget about it soon and go back to enjoying Nascar and WWE. Us Canadians know we win the cup every year and the cup spends 90% of it's time in the summer up North
    Meanwhile you can continue to get off snorting lines of maple syrup off a grizzly bear's ass.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeT View Post
    Congrats on squeeking out the gold in OT.

Last i checked the 2010 Olympics was in YOUR home country and the US came up there and whooped everybodys ass in what matters most in the olympics, overall medal count.

United States 37
    Germany 30
    Canada 26

Thx for being the host though.
    That's because u have like 100x more participating in the events fool. And spent countless of $$$. Good one tho.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Hey Forsberg (Canada).......If you claim to own the sport, how come you dont win the gold medal at every olympics????
    You've only won the ******* thing twice in your last 15 tries.
    The US has just as many golds as you do over the same time period.
    When was the last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup????

pepper60000
    pepper60000's Avatar Become A Pro!

canadian teams aren't canadian...they just happen to play in a canadian city...

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Hey Forsberg (Canada).......If you claim to own the sport, how come you dont win the gold medal at every olympics????
    You've only won the ******* thing twice in your last 15 tries.
    The US has just as many golds as you do over the same time period.
    When was the last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup????
    You're just an idiot. Period. I'm going to explain why right now.

Have you ever heard of an apples and oranges comparison? Since when have NHL players represented their countries at the Olympics? That should be the basis for comparison since this is when each nation is fully represented by their best players. You do realize that before this time period, Canada, and other nations, were sending amateurs to represent their countries, right?

During this time period, Canada has won the gold medal in hockey 2 times, Czechs 1 time and Sweden 1 time. USA has 0 gold medals during this time frame. Both times Canada won the gold medal, they beat the USA in the gold medal game, including once on USA's home ice in Salt Lake City.

It is an anomaly that a Canadian team has not won the Stanley Cup since 1993. Given that over this 18 year stretch, Canadian teams made up 20% of the league (6/30), you would have expected 3.6 Stanley Cups (0.2 x 18), assuming each team had an equal chance at winning. Over this same time frame, Canadian teams reached the Cup Finals 5 times, with Vancouver reaching it twice followed by Edmonton, Calgary and Ottawa with one appearance apiece. The expected number of visits to the Stanley Cup Finals would be 7.2, so 5 is not that far off the expected value. I would say that the reason for Canadian teams not winning a Cup in the past 18 years is a statistical anomaly and that in the long run, this stat will even itself out.

As for questioning Canada's dominance in hockey over the years, please refer to the number of Hart trophies, Conn Smythe trophies, Art Ross trophies, Vezina trophies, Calder trophies, Selke trophies won by Canadians and the percentage of Canadian players in the league. You could argue who the all time greats in the sport are, but the fact remains that the highest all American point scorer comes in at #21 (Brett Hull) and #22 (Mike Modano) while almost every single player higher on that list is a Canadian.

I encourage you to argue rationally, I'm getting really sick and tired of hearing your incoherent rants.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

hockey is serious business to this guy

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
    hockey is serious business to this guy
    Not as much as you think bro. My business is putting retarded, ignorant Americans like FishFace5 in their place and exposing them for the morons they are.

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

FishFace5

HA. . I refuse to quote that whole nonsensial paragraph. I'll go with this one sentence though just for a laugh.
    "I encourage you to argue rationally, I'm getting really sick and tired of hearing your incoherent rants."
    What was posted above by you was the definition of a nonsensical rant. I'll leave you with one apples to apples comparison.
    Basketball is an american sport. We did not send our professionals during the same time period you referenced for hockey but won the gold medal 90% of the time.
    Why is it that canadian amateurs could not accomplish the same?
    Why do you refer to Canada not winning the cup in ******* 18 years as an anomaly??? even itself out?
    I disgaree guy. The best franchises in all major sports are in the United States, just get over it.
    (excluding soccer obviously if you want to include that in the "major" sports category)

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post
    Not as much as you think bro. My business is putting retarded, ignorant Americans like FishFace5 in their place and exposing them for the morons they are.
    I think its funny that you think you've ever exposed me.
    My thoughts are accurate and well put together.
    Your thoughts are ignorant, inaccurate and spoken from the mouth of a true forum asshole.

forsberg21

HA. . I refuse to quote that whole nonsensial paragraph. I'll go with this one sentence though just for a laugh.
    "I encourage you to argue rationally, I'm getting really sick and tired of hearing your incoherent rants."
    What was posted above by you was the definition of a nonsensical rant. I'll leave you with one apples to apples comparison.
    Basketball is an american sport. We did not send our professionals during the same time period you referenced for hockey but won the gold medal 90% of the time.
    Why is it that canadian amateurs could not accomplish the same?
    Why do you refer to Canada not winning the cup in ******* 18 years as an anomaly??? even itself out?
    I disgaree guy. The best franchises in all major sports are in the United States, just get over it.
    (excluding soccer obviously if you want to include that in the "major" sports category)
    It's actually 76%, not the 90% you claim, 13 out of 17. Can you not do basic math, or are you just lying again? Again, your credibility is in question.

If you're denying Canada's dominance in hockey, you have no credibility whatsoever and everything you type on here isn't worth a dime. I can copy and paste pages and pages of FACTS that assert Canada as being the dominant force in hockey, both back then and now.

"The best franchises in all major sports are in the United States, just get over it" - The words of someone who has never stepped foot outside their home state.

Canadian "amateurs" couldn't win the gold medal because they were playing Soviet "professionals". Does that make sense? When the playing field became even, Canada has won 2 out of 4 gold medals in olympic hockey, both times denying the USA the gold.

Just out of curiosity, what is the highest level of education you've completed?

FishFace5

You're a clown. You're a forum cancer and I can actually post intelligently. The comparison is not worth going into.
    Im sorry my 90% estimation wasnt accurate enough for you, I did not take the time to look it up. But since you did, 13 out of 17 still proves the same point, it is dramatically more than the Canadians won during the same period in hockey.
    You can claim to have the best hockey players in the world all you want, I wont even argue. Fact of the matter is they just dont win. SO basically Canadian hockey is like lebron james. Best player in the world but he just doesnt win. Congrats.
    I'm done with you... carry on.

shocktopme
    shocktopme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 520

Send Nuck Fans

Hey Forsberg....We gotta really shitty part of town that needs cleaned up here...Can you send some Canuckleheads here to help disperse of old cars and buildings???Thx....apprecciate!!

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Tk Fo Sho
    Tk Fo Sho's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love how you're comparing this to the olympics, when Loungo(You're headcase canadian goalie) said beating the Hawks after ROUND 1 was more satisfying then winning the gold medal at the olympics.

The real question is, What is more important to canadians? A gold medal, or a stanley cup?

After seeing your reaction after losing game 7, it sure looks like you care more about the stanley cup...

forsberg21

You're a clown. You're a forum cancer and I can actually post intelligently. The comparison is not worth going into.
    Im sorry my 90% estimation wasnt accurate enough for you, I did not take the time to look it up. But since you did, 13 out of 17 still proves the same point, it is dramatically more than the Canadians won during the same period in hockey.
    You can claim to have the best hockey players in the world all you want, I wont even argue. Fact of the matter is they just dont win. SO basically Canadian hockey is like lebron james. Best player in the world but he just doesnt win. Congrats.
    I'm done with you... carry on.
    They just don't win? LOL, are you serious? 21 of the 32 Boston Bruins are Canadian. Only 4 Americans were on the Boston Bruins. Do you want to take your ridiculous statement back?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templat..._Bruins_roster

By the way 17 and 4 are apples and oranges when it comes to the duration in question. You can't compare the performance of Canada over 4 olympics and the US over 17.

Check out the list of Conn Smythe trophy winners, again, a ton of Canadians:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conn_Smythe_Trophy

Your argument of Canadians not winning in hockey is looking more and more ridiculous. Did I mention the 2 gold medals at the Olympics? Both times denying the USA the gold?

You should really stop posting here. You think that you actually post intelligently? You're a complete and utter disgrace to anyone with a brain. You have rocks in your head. Everything you say makes no sense. Everything you say gets destroyed in rebuttal because your initial arguments resemble something that you would hear from an 8 year old child. Keep posting your nonsense, I look forward to ripping it apart again!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8060

Quote Originally Posted by blittydeuce View Post

690 players in the NHL and 665 didn't get a cup either. geez.

2 great guys. Work hard, 2 of the top skilled players in the league, class acts on and off the ice.

What is your sports icon or idol?

vick.jpg
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 06-18-11 at 11:51 AM.

BuckeyeT

This party doesnt look like its going on anywhere near canada.
    Attached Images  

BuckeyeT

Oh! and another.
    Attached Images  

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

I was in line at a grocery store. There was two Americans in front of me at the cash register. Total came to $20.33 One of them said I don't know how to use ur coin. Typical.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by blittydeuce View Post

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by stogies View Post
    i dont know but the last time a team from canada won it was 1993.
    The Canadians may have valid claims regarding their players contributing a lot to the NHL but ownership wins Cups. This just goes to show that American ownership of hockey teams is far and above better than Canadian owners at their own game.

First 1234 Last