DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Embellishment by Vancouver Canucks haters

I'm starting to get irritated. (not really) The time the bruins player sticking his glove in Burrows' face , the late slash to the ankle on Beiksa, the whining by the Bruins Coach and the biased media like that fukking loser Mike Milbury. Calling them the Sedin sisters and Thelma and Louise. I mean, where are all the Bruin fans or hockey fans in general, demanding the NBC remove this biased classless Milbury from their broadcast? He is an embarrassment. Can you imagine Al Michaels on MNF calling players names? I am tired also (not really) of almost everyone cheering for Boston. Everyone outside B.C. That includes the media. Vancouver is in a no win situation.

Let's not forget the Bruin fans in Boston in game 3...Verbally assaulting, urinating on, pouring beer on Canuck Fans that made the trip to to Boston , pepper sprayed and physically assaulted also. I know a guy who had bruins fans throw marbles at him during game 3. We later found out these cowards do this because marbles don't show up on the metal detectors at the doors. What no comments? Shocker!

The false accusations and misleading comments of ONLY Canuck players flopping on every play the embellishment all series long. In the first period of tonight (game 5) chara lightly poked a vancouver player is a perfect example of selective accusations like in every other game.

Then of course Burrows sticks his skate on inside of Lucic's and lucic tries to unwrap himself, and Burrows just falls over like he was tripped. When every unbiased fan watching saw that both players were equally at fault. Which is why the referee penalized both players

no penalty. does marchand whine? no but every single Boston fan does!.

Im tired of the embellishment by Vancouver haters. im tired of the selective short term memory. im tired of the whining. Give me a break! Cut this embellishment out. cut this whining out. cut the sticking the gloves in the mouth out. Cut the slashing to the ankles and the spearing. cut all this crap out, man up, and watch hockey! How could anyone (who isn't a Boston fan) actually root for this whiny team and their whiny fans. Its embarrassing to read and listen too.

We all notice that the overwhelming amount of complaints and name calling that occurs by these Vancouver haters are after a loss. Funny how that works.

Had to get that off my chest. Know there's a lot of Vancouver haters here. not trying to talk smack or piss everyone off . But these whiny, whimpy, biased, cheap-shot, slashing, beer pouring, pepper spraying, marble throwing, embellishing fans are starting to get under my skin.

The facts are simple: it's equal as to the diving and fouls committed by both teams. Any objective fan will acknowledge this.

The difference is simple .. Vancouver fans move on rather quickly, rather than steaming or bitching about a call or missed-call in Game 1 or the last period? Vancouver haters and Boston fans will not let it go. Look at all the threads and posts, only proves my point.

Give me a break and just watch the game enjoy this awesome finals.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 06-11-11 at 01:17 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hels, and mike-dub

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave bracerman 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DwightShrute

Name:  vancouverhaters.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  56.9 KB

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Although I am cheering for Vancouver I totally agree on everything you have said. Boston is reminding me of the booing of the National anthems in the past (both by Canadian fans and American fans -- equally). There is just no need to demonstrate ignorance to fans of the other team. Sure, after your team wins 8-1 you can give a chuckle or say a few comments "Your team played well today," or "better luck next time." But throwing marbles and dumping beer and shit like that is childish and immature. I hope that Boston never makes the Cup finals ever again.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    I'm starting to get irritated. (not really) The time the bruins player sticking his glove in Burrows' face , the late slash to the ankle on Beiksa, the whining by the Bruins Coach and the biased media like that fukking loser Mike Milbury. Calling them the Sedin sisters and Thelma and Louise. I mean, where are all the Bruin fans or hockey fans in general, demanding the NBC remove this biased classless Milbury from their broadcast? He is an embarrassment. Can you imagine Al Michaels on MNF calling players names? I am tired also (not really) of almost everyone cheering for Boston. Everyone outside B.C. That includes the media. Vancouver is in a no win situation.

Let's not forget the Bruin fans in Boston in game 3...Verbally assaulting, urinating on, pouring beer on Canuck Fans that made the trip to to Boston , pepper sprayed and physically assaulted also. I know a guy who had bruins fans throw marbles at him during game 3. We later found out these cowards do this because marbles don't show up on the metal detectors at the doors. What no comments? Shocker!

The false accusations and misleading comments of ONLY Canuck players flopping on every play the embellishment all series long. In the first period of tonight (game 5) chara lightly poked a vancouver player is a perfect example of selective accusations like in every other game.

Then of course Burrows sticks his skate on inside of Lucic's and lucic tries to unwrap himself, and Burrows just falls over like he was tripped. When every unbiased fan watching saw that both players were equally at fault. Which is why the referee penalized both players

Im tired of the embellishment by Vancouver haters. im tired of the selective short term memory. im tired of the whining. Give me a break! Cut this embellishment out. cut this whining out. cut the sticking the gloves in the mouth out. Cut the slashing to the ankles and the spearing. cut all this crap out, man up, and watch hockey! How could anyone (who isn't a Boston fan) actually root for this whiny team and their whiny fans. Its embarrassing to read and listen too.

We all notice that the overwhelming amount of complaints and name calling that occurs by these Vancouver haters are after a loss. Funny how that works.

Had to get that off my chest. Know there's a lot of Vancouver haters here. not trying to talk smack or piss everyone off . But these whiny, whimpy, biased, cheap-shot, slashing, beer pouring, pepper spraying, marble throwing, embellishing fans are starting to get under my skin.

The facts are simple: it's equal as to the diving and fouls committed by both teams. Any objective fan will acknowledge this.

The difference is simple .. Vancouver fans move on rather quickly, rather than steaming or bitching about a call or missed-call in Game 1 or the last period? Vancouver haters and Boston fans will not let it go. Look at all the threads and posts, only proves my point.

no they dont alain whines about everything. He called the league office whining about thomas playing in front of his crease. And besides, Vancouver fans have nothing to whine about because all the calls have gone their way.

Um. Give me a break. Lucic said his grandparents had popcorn and peanuts thrown at them, and they are senior citizens. He also said his uncle and another elderly family member had beers poured on their seats. That's as low as it gets. They are senior citizens. Where did you here that someone got urinated on? Who was pepper sprayed? Bruins have not been flopping on every play. And on the Lucic play, how could Lucic get untangled without tripping him? Burrows wrapped his skate on inside of Lucic, just so he could flop to the ground to try to get a whistle. Too bad the refs know he's a flopper and weren't buying it.

On the Thomas slashing Burrows play... it was because Burrows and other vancouver players repeatedly slashed the butt end of his stick (trying to slash his stick out of his hand). So, that's not only a penalty on thomas. In game 4, they slashed the butt end of his stick several times. He had enough. What did they think was gonna happen?

And i said again. Vancouver dodged several penalties last game. I do not care, to be honest. I'm not whining about the calls. I'm just pointing out that Vancouver whines and whines and whines EVEN WITH A CORRECT CALL. Vancouver dodged a too many men on the ice, they dodged an interference call, they dodged a tripping call. I don't care to be honest. But if this was the other end, you know Alain would be crying to the league office before he even made it to the podium for the press conference.

And the Chara hit in montreal... that was a clean hit. It's not Chara's fault they put these poles that stick out there. Want to take hits near the poles out of the game? the league can do it. Either take down those poles or draw a box near those poles and enforce a no hitting rule. Until they do that, the players can hit there. The habs player was just hit at the wrong place at the wrong time.

When burrows didn't get suspended, did julien whine? no. He said "ok thats great. they made decision. were moving on. were preparing for game 2". But when league office doesnt side vancouver's way in rome suspension, Alain "waaah waaahh waaahh waaaaah nooott faaaiirrrr". It was a late hit to the head that caused a serious concussion of boston's best player. What did you think was going to happen? nothing? C'mon, Alain.

And to say that the bruins have been flopping and acting and embellishing just as much as the canucks is just insanity. I usually respect most of the stuff you say, DG. you generally have some positive comments to contribute. But this is rediculous. you know for a fact that your team is a bunch of whining floppers. stop trying to blame the boston fans for getting tired of it.

I just want the flopping and embellishment of vancouver to stop. When boston starts flopping on every play, you have every right to say tell me to shut up for only complaining about the embellishment on vancouver end. But you know for a fact that the flopping and acting jobs are all on the vancouver end. Boston doesn't do that crap.

hockey216

Are the bruins jerking their head way back anytime a stick come remotely close to their face? no. are they diving? no. give me a break. The embellishment is all on the vancouver end, and you know it. I saw Vancouver get away with 3 penalties in game 5 (too many men on ice, tripping, interference). To be honest, i dont even care. I'm just pointing out the irony because even when they got away with 3 penalties, Alain was still complaining about several calls that were clearly penalties. Like the high stick that slashed thomas in the face. Of course that's a penalty. It's a high stick instead of interference. But it doesnt matter. Either way, clearly a 2min pp. No matter how much the calls go vancouver's way, they continue to whine.

I just want them to stop flopping, diving, yanking their heads back like they got hit, when a stick doesnt even hit them, but comes close.

This is not happening anywhere close to the same magnitude on the boston end. Julien didn't even complain when burrows didn't get suspended. which, almost everyone (who isn't vancouver fan) was an atrocity of a decision. Burrows clearly bit him and the tape shows it. And, the league has set a precedent for suspensions for biting. Ruutu and Savard both got suspensions for biting. this was the biggest, most biased "officiating" decision of the whole finals. And julien didn't even complain. so don't say that it's happening on both ends. It's not.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    no they dont alain whines about everything. He called the league office whining about thomas playing in front of his crease. And besides, Vancouver fans have nothing to whine about because all the calls have gone their way.

Um. Give me a break. Lucic said his grandparents had popcorn and peanuts thrown at them, and they are senior citizens. He also said his uncle and another elderly family member had beers poured on their seats. That's as low as it gets. They are senior citizens. Where did you here that someone got urinated on? Who was pepper sprayed? Bruins have not been flopping on every play. And on the Lucic play, how could Lucic get untangled without tripping him? Burrows wrapped his skate on inside of Lucic, just so he could flop to the ground to try to get a whistle. Too bad the refs know he's a flopper and weren't buying it.

On the Thomas slashing Burrows play... it was because Burrows and other vancouver players repeatedly slashed the butt end of his stick (trying to slash his stick out of his hand). So, that's not only a penalty on thomas. In game 4, they slashed the butt end of his stick several times. He had enough. What did they think was gonna happen?

And i said again. Vancouver dodged several penalties last game. I do not care, to be honest. I'm not whining about the calls. I'm just pointing out that Vancouver whines and whines and whines EVEN WITH A CORRECT CALL. Vancouver dodged a too many men on the ice, they dodged an interference call, they dodged a tripping call. I don't care to be honest. But if this was the other end, you know Alain would be crying to the league office before he even made it to the podium for the press conference.

And the Chara hit in montreal... that was a clean hit. It's not Chara's fault they put these poles that stick out there. Want to take hits near the poles out of the game? the league can do it. Either take down those poles or draw a box near those poles and enforce a no hitting rule. Until they do that, the players can hit there. The habs player was just hit at the wrong place at the wrong time.

When burrows didn't get suspended, did julien whine? no. He said "ok thats great. they made decision. were moving on. were preparing for game 2". But when league office doesnt side vancouver's way in rome suspension, Alain "waaah waaahh waaahh waaaaah nooott faaaiirrrr". It was a late hit to the head that caused a serious concussion of boston's best player. What did you think was going to happen? nothing? C'mon, Alain.

And to say that the bruins have been flopping and acting and embellishing just as much as the canucks is just insanity. I usually respect most of the stuff you say, DG. you generally have some positive comments to contribute. But this is rediculous. you know for a fact that your team is a bunch of whining floppers. stop trying to blame the boston fans for getting tired of it.

I just want the flopping and embellishment of vancouver to stop. When boston starts flopping on every play, you have every right to say tell me to shut up for only complaining about the embellishment on vancouver end. But you know for a fact that the flopping and acting jobs are all on the vancouver end. Boston doesn't do that crap.
    It's obvious we will have to agree to disagree. You see it one way .. and I go and and when you say that stuff. I am not gonna try to convince you otherwise. It's pointless. I know I am right and that's all that matters. I really don't care all that much to be honest. I find it all entertaining.

Bruins are saints and the Canucks are the devil. I get it.

Thanks for making my point however: "the difference is simple .. Vancouver fans move on rather quickly, rather than steaming or bitching about a call or missed-call in Game 1 or the last period?"

enjoy this series. It's one that won't soon be forgotten.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 06-11-11 at 04:02 PM.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

LOL I didn't post that hockey216. It was my boy DwightShrute.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

no they dont alain whines about everything. He called the league office whining about thomas playing in front of his crease. And besides, Vancouver fans have nothing to whine about because all the calls have gone their way. Um. Give me a break. Lucic said his grandparents had popcorn and peanuts thrown at them, and they are senior citizens. He also said his uncle and another elderly family member had beers poured on their seats. That's as low as it gets. They are senior citizens. Where did you here that someone got urinated on? Who was pepper sprayed? Bruins have not been flopping on every play. And on the Lucic play, how could Lucic get untangled without tripping him? Burrows wrapped his skate on inside of Lucic, just so he could flop to the ground to try to get a whistle. Too bad the refs know he's a flopper and weren't buying it. On the Thomas slashing Burrows play... it was because Burrows and other vancouver players repeatedly slashed the butt end of his stick (trying to slash his stick out of his hand). So, that's not only a penalty on thomas. In game 4, they slashed the butt end of his stick several times. He had enough. What did they think was gonna happen? And i said again. Vancouver dodged several penalties last game. I do not care, to be honest. I'm not whining about the calls. I'm just pointing out that Vancouver whines and whines and whines EVEN WITH A CORRECT CALL. Vancouver dodged a too many men on the ice, they dodged an interference call, they dodged a tripping call. I don't care to be honest. But if this was the other end, you know Alain would be crying to the league office before he even made it to the podium for the press conference. And the Chara hit in montreal... that was a clean hit. It's not Chara's fault they put these poles that stick out there. Want to take hits near the poles out of the game? the league can do it. Either take down those poles or draw a box near those poles and enforce a no hitting rule. Until they do that, the players can hit there. The habs player was just hit at the wrong place at the wrong time. When burrows didn't get suspended, did julien whine? no. He said "ok thats great. they made decision. were moving on. were preparing for game 2". But when league office doesnt side vancouver's way in rome suspension, Alain "waaah waaahh waaahh waaaaah nooott faaaiirrrr". It was a late hit to the head that caused a serious concussion of boston's best player. What did you think was going to happen? nothing? C'mon, Alain. And to say that the bruins have been flopping and acting and embellishing just as much as the canucks is just insanity. I usually respect most of the stuff you say, DG. you generally have some positive comments to contribute. But this is rediculous. you know for a fact that your team is a bunch of whining floppers. stop trying to blame the boston fans for getting tired of it. I just want the flopping and embellishment of vancouver to stop. When boston starts flopping on every play, you have every right to say tell me to shut up for only complaining about the embellishment on vancouver end. But you know for a fact that the flopping and acting jobs are all on the vancouver end. Boston doesn't do that crap.
    All this from a kid who thinks if you have one skate over the blue line it's offside

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

That there's a whole bunch of words...

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

bruins fans are the most obnoxious, hypocritical and bias. and the players are complaining because their classless grunt style of hockey isn getting to the canucks. we all know sedins arent fighters, they were drafted for ther puck play, not their fists. im definately not saying theyre as good as him, but their purpose is the same as gretzky or crosby. did you ever see gretzky fight? not really. lets hear you call him a pansy.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    All this from a kid who thinks if you have one skate over the blue line it's offside
    i recanted that statement, and apologized for the confusion. I've just seen the "one skate over" get called offside so many times that when i played growing up, we wouldn't risk it and stay with both skates behind line. Maybe our refs in varsity prep HS league just sucked. Already moved on from that. i made a mistake. thanks for everyone explaining that to me.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    LOL I didn't post that hockey216. It was my boy DwightShrute.

Sorry Dennis. I misread it.

hockey216

It's obvious we will have to agree to disagree. You see it one way .. and I go and and when you say that stuff. I am not gonna try to convince you otherwise. It's pointless. I know I am right and that's all that matters. I really don't care all that much to be honest. I find it all entertaining.

Bruins are saints and the Canucks are the devil. I get it.

Thanks for making my point however: "the difference is simple .. Vancouver fans move on rather quickly, rather than steaming or bitching about a call or missed-call in Game 1 or the last period?"

enjoy this series. It's one that won't soon be forgotten.

First off, canucks fans dont have anything to move on from because all the calls have been their way. Second of all, i have moved on. I clearly stated that i wasn't bitching about any of the missed call. I don't care to be honest. I'm just pointing out the irony that Alain whines about calls even when they're the correct calls. He was probably on the phone with the league office today complaining about the high stick to the face of thomas. Sure, it was mistermed interference instead of high stick, but its clearly a penalty either way. Is that even debatable? Then he whines that thomas plays outside of his crease, whines about suspension.

If vancouver fans move on quickly, i applaud you. I just with Alain could do the same. When Burrows didn't get suspended (miracle), there wasn't any complaining by anyone on the boston team. Could you imagine if roles were reversed?

Yea, i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. You think you know you're right, and i obviously think that i know i'm right. should be a good series. Just don't appreciate you mocking me when i have a legitimate point about vancouver players embellishing every call. Stick comes close to the guys face and he jerks his head back when it didn't even touch him. I just want to watch hockey without all the acting jobs. I don't want to see it turn into the nba. That's all im saying.

Anyway, you're free to your opinion. Not really any sense arguing because we both feel strongly with opposite feelings. I guess it's like a liberal and a conservative trying to argue and convince the other one to switch sides. it will go nowhere. lol.

Anyway, enjoy the finals. should be a good one. I think it will go 7, and should be another nail-biter in vancouver. But then again, if luongo plays in game 6 like he did in games 1,2,5 it could end on monday. Which Luongo will show up? I am eager to see. Go bruins!

hockey216

And i just want to clarify 1 last time. I was not bitching about missed calls. I could care less. there were several of them. 2 low hits (same thing that got Marchand tripping penalty in game 4), cross check on seidenberg, interference on seidenberg, and too many men on ice. I felt i saw all of these. To be honest, i do not care. I am not whining about calls. I'm illustrating the difference between boston fans and the vancouver team. I only pointed them out to show that Claude Julien doesn't whine about these things. and to point out that boston doesn't flop on every play. To be honest, i could care less about the calls. I've moved on. I was just pointing out that 1) Vancouver is whiney team 2) Alain is whiner 3) Bruins are not the same whiners.

It could sound like i'm whining, and if you think that, i apologize. I was just trying to illustrate the irony and contrasting reactions to missed calls. vancouver whines boston doesnt care. Again, i am not whining about the calls. I really do not care. I only brought them up to show that Julien was not whining about them... and Bruins players were not embellishing and flopping like canucks were. Just one last clarification. Enjoy the finals everybody! I'm going out for a beer.

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

i dont want to start an arguement but i believe the reason marchand got a penalty for the low hit was the whistle had already sounded and the play was over for the ripping down of erhoff i think it was..... the so call low hit on marchand was a legal hockey check in the run of open play

open ice hip checks are a dying art i truely wish it wasnt... if only vancouver had a 28 y.o. hilliard graves

DwightShrute

hockey216 nice to have a debate without personal name calling.

Now, quit whining already and enjoy the game!

hockey216

haha same to you dwight. i just dont want to see the nhl go down the same path as the nba (flopping every play). these guys are too tough for that stuff. See for yourself about what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I95QvTlsDs

hockey216

hockey216

DwightShrute

haha same to you dwight. i just dont want to see the nhl go down the same path as the nba (flopping every play). these guys are too tough for that stuff. See for yourself about what i mean
    I haven't seen anymore flopping than usual by either team so I don't know why all the fuss. It's been a series with lots of emotion and lots of memories have been made. No more by one team that the other. Maybe cause its the playoffs, you are analyzing it more than usual? Regardless, your complaints about Vancouver are unjust and simply not accurate. Thomas' hit on Sedin? Illegal hit and no penalty and for every "flop" and "missed call" you can refer to that you feel was an injustice to Boston, I can match it easily with ones that screwed Vancouver.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

I'm amazed at Bostons Borderline Dirty play.
    This whole playoff season they've tackled every time the puck gets close to the net, they did it against the Canadians, the flyers and now the canucks, ....example ..Tim Thomas's tackle/push/check instead of playing the puck

It's a justification that the Bruins aren't as talented as most of the teams in this years playoffs, they've just gotten a better tactic of dealing with puck pressure...TACKLING...CLUTCHING and GRABBING

After my team loses I generally root for the most talented complete team, and this year thats the Canucks... I just hope that the best team does win

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    I'm amazed at Bostons Borderline Dirty play.
    This whole playoff season they've tackled every time the puck gets close to the net, they did it against the Canadians, the flyers and now the canucks, ....example ..Tim Thomas's tackle/push/check instead of playing the puck

It's a justification that the Bruins aren't as talented as most of the teams in this years playoffs, they've just gotten a better tactic of dealing with puck pressure...TACKLING...CLUTCHING and GRABBING

After my team loses I generally root for the most talented complete team, and this year thats the Canucks... I just hope that the best team does win
    always nice to read an objective truthful post

hockey216

Why is Thomas' hit on Sedin illegal? I know that players cannot hit the goalie. I thought that goalies are allowed to hit players. Besides, Sedin was inside the crease when Thomas hit him, and he had the puck. Thomas was in his own crease too. I think i heard Jeremy Roenick say that goalie's are allowed to hit. You can argue that it's unfair that it's a one-way hitting rule, but that's a different story. I could be wrong, but i was pretty sure goalie's were allowed to hit, especially if they and the other player are in the crease.

And i'm not saying boston never does pushing and shoving after the whistle. I'm just saying they don't dive anytime someone lightly shoves them. I get it: sedin is trying to draw a penalty. but come on. This acting/flopping nonsense is the reason i dont respect the nba as much. where did you see boston flop/dive off very little contact intentionally just to try to draw penalty?

Thomas/Burrows - if you watch the tape, Burrows slashes the stick out of thomas's hand. Thomas retaliates and slashes burrows. Burrows punches thomas. thomas punches back. Seidenberg grads headlock of Burrows and drags away from thomas/down to ice. Canucks had been slashing the stick out of thomas' hands all night. Eventually he got sick of it and slashed burrows back. Then burrows decided it was a brilliant idea to punch the goalie. What did you think was going to happen? the defensemen were going to sit there and watch?

Glad we have a nice, civil, thoughtful debate going. I look forward to game 6 tomorrow night.

HenriK Sedin AKA Chris Bosh

Samzilla
    Samzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Thomas has a history of hitting other players for no reason going back years. Check out this one where he decks Andrei K. (who clearly wasn't instigating anything) and the ridiculous part is Andrei gets a penalty! Thomas has to be likeable because otherwise people would see him for what he really is...a cheap-shotting player who hides behind the protection his goalie status allows him. Pretty easy to be the tough guy when people can't hit back.

DwightShrute

oops double post

DwightShrute

Why is Thomas' hit on Sedin illegal? I know that players cannot hit the goalie. I thought that goalies are allowed to hit players. Besides, Sedin was inside the crease when Thomas hit him, and he had the puck. Thomas was in his own crease too. I think i heard Jeremy Roenick say that goalie's are allowed to hit. You can argue that it's unfair that it's a one-way hitting rule, but that's a different story. I could be wrong, but i was pretty sure goalie's were allowed to hit, especially if they and the other player are in the crease.

it's under
    Table 18 - Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper
    Interference on the Goalkeeper Situations

6. CROWDING THE GOALKEEPER.

E. A goalkeeper deliberately initiates contact with an attacking player other than to establish position in the crease, or otherwise acts to make unnecessary contact with the attacking player.

Result
    Minor penalty to the goalkeeper (slashing, etc.).

link
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26557

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

go cry a river somewhere else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the swedish fairies can't do nothing. 5 goals and the nucks are on the verge of a winning a cup. yeah they're really that good. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and people say boston would be the worst team to win a cup in a long time. surely the canucks rank at the very bottom of the list. canada's team. what a joke.
    Last edited by Winnipeg Jets; 06-12-11 at 06:45 PM.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
    go cry a river somewhere else sushi lover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it was in response to http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/hockey-han...r-canucks.html

Canucks seeing a picture of Sbr Poster "Winnipeg Jets" (below)

Last edited by DwightShrute; 06-12-11 at 07:09 PM.

DwightShrute

Canuck players getting another chuckle from SBR poster... Winnipeg Jets

hockey216

it's under
    Table 18 - Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper
    Interference on the Goalkeeper Situations

6. CROWDING THE GOALKEEPER.

E. A goalkeeper deliberately initiates contact with an attacking player other than to establish position in the crease, or otherwise acts to make unnecessary contact with the attacking player.

Result
    Minor penalty to the goalkeeper (slashing, etc.).

link
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26557

interesting. well, they don't mention that the attacking player has the puck. i get the impression while reading this that it is talking about any player that's hanging around the crease. If they do have the puck, what is the penalty? When they say "initiate contact" meaning it would be a penalty for "slashing, etc."... and it's just a check, what would the penalty be? slashing? interference? how, if it is a hit? "roughing" i guess is the one penalty fits all rule.... and what has to be present to deem a hit "establishing position"? Obviously, if goalie slashes not to establish position, it's a slashing penalty. But is this only stating that things that would otherwise be penalties are also penalties for goalie. or is it saying specifically that goalies cannot hit? having trouble interpreting the rule.

hmm

hockey216

yea it says that if the goalie initiates contact, but isnt trying to establish position, then slashing, high stick, roughing, etc. are all penalties. but since hitting isn't ordinarily a penalty, what would the penalty be? What's the name of the penalty, if the goalie hits? I've looked through the list of penalties and do not see one that applies. "goaltender interference" specifically states that it's the offensive player hitting the goalie. Is there a new penalty introduced when the goalie checks? if so, what is the penalty called? I'm not seeing it.

I could be wrong. But my interpretation of rule 69 section 6E.... is that all penalties apply to the goalie, if the goalie initiates the conduct for purposes other than establishing position. But, since hitting isn't normally a penalty... would this apply? In other words, high sticking, slashing, interference, etc. can all be called on goalie if hes not doing so to establish position. But what penalty would just an ordinary hit be? roughing doesn't seem to fit it, as it's after the whistle or throwing your hands in someone's face.

Hmm.. i think we need a hockey expert here. I thought i heard Jeremy Roenick say that goalies are allowed to check

hockey216

This rule could be called on half the canucks team all game. I forget who it was. But remember when vancouver player grabbed his face in pain and held it like he'd been high sticked, when the replay showed the stick didn't even touch him? haha. Shoulda been called on Henrik Sedin in game 1 for flopping after Ference lightly pushed him.

Rule 64 - Diving / Embellishment 64.1 Diving / Embellishment – Any player who blatantly dives, embellishes a fall or a reaction, or who feigns an injury shall be penalized with a minor penalty under this rule.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Dwight.....
    Tough match tonight on the road.
    Good Luck to your Canucks.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston reminds me of Anaheim of a couple of years ago; a dirty team that seems to get away with a lot.

12 Last