DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Sedins fire back at Milbury comment

Sedins fire back at Milbury comment

VANCOUVER - After moving to within a game of becoming Stanley Cup champions, the Sedins took a minute to fire back at television commentator Mike Milbury.
    The former New York Islanders general manager, working on Versus, called the twins "Thelma and Louise," after they have accounted for just four points in the final.

"By all means, stay on Thelma and Louise, I mean Henrik and Daniel," said Milbury, referring to the characters in the movie of the same name starring Susan Sarandon and Gina Davis.

Henrik Sedin heard about it from his son.
    "That wasn’t too much fun," he said following last night’s 1-0 Canucks victory over the Bruins in Game 5. "My son told me a man was making fun of me and Uncle Danny on TV. I said that can't be true because that's what usually happens in kindergarten. That's what happened. Sometimes grown-ups have low self-esteem and get on guys and say stupid stuff.

"I think he has to be happy with his career," Henrik added. "He did a great job on Long Island. I'm sure he is happy with that."

Zing.

"Usually, the guys who sit in those situations, they're called experts," said Daniel. "They're there for a reason, I think. We don't really worry about those kind of comments. He made a bad comment about us, calling us women. I don't know how he looks at women. I would be pretty mad if I was a woman."

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/11...ilbury-comment

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Haha awesome. The Sedins are developing a mean side and finally locating their balls. Love it

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

wow what a comeback by the fairy sedin. too bad milbury would fukk that little p*ssy up face to face.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Lint Pockets View Post
    wow what a comeback by the fairy sedin. too bad milbury would fukk that little p*ssy up face to face.
    and there is the classless Lint to throw in his 2 bits

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

bruins=tools.

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Milbury insulting anyone is a joke. Does anyone have a worst trade history than him?

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL at getting owned by Henrik Sedin. Milbury must feel like a complete tool now.

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

Everyones having fun with this!

He once traded Olli Jokien and Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha. Just WOW! Terrible!
    He once traded Zdeno Chara and a draft pick (ended up being Jason Spezza) for Alexei Yashin. Again, just WOW!
    He once traded Bryan McCabe, Todd Bertuzzi and a draft pick (that ended up being Jarkko Ruutu) for an aged Trevor Linden. One more time, WOW!
    So his disdain for the Canucks is not without warrant, he basically dealt all the pieces that we have used to get us to within a game of the Stanley cup (McCabe was used to get Henrik and Daniel together on draft day) and I guess he just feels like the Canucks are getting to him again.
    In any event, to the Sedins defense came Cory Schneider who absolutely burned Mike Milbury. Cory’s response to Mike’s comments was as follows:
    “Who cares what he thinks? If he’d been their general manager he would have traded them in their first year anyway like he did with everyone else. One guy is a Hart trophy winner and the other is up for it this year and we have complete faith and confidence in these guys. Who cares what he thinks?”

Mike Milbury may have never won the cup, but he was involved in one of the sweetest hockey brawls. I guess he can hold his head high for that
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave mike-dub 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DwightShrute

DwightShrute

and lets not forget his other comment. Like calling Lapierre a puck (5:30 of the video)

and he calls a player a punk. What an idiot!

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

wow had no idea milbury is such a clown as an analyst....

glad i dont watch that channel

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

guess it should come as no suprise given his astute gm ability

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

mike milbury of all people saying "you gotta protect the integrity of the game" lol! what a fukkin tool. admitting his desires to bite guy lafleur and saying the bite changed the series. it didnt change sh*t. can he whine anymore about burrows being in that game? no doubt during game three when lucic and recchi did the finger waving gesture milbury probably said "well, theyre just getting back at lapierre and its okay" i feel sorry for people who have to watch this shat because they have no choice. Guys, you can find a live stream at www.cbc.ca . watch it and see what real unbiased analysts sound like