I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    That would be great to
    Except Gay bettman is to
    Much of an ass to move anymore
    Teams. Geez everyone gets more
    Money when teams play In thriving markets.
    Bettman takes orders from the owners. He is just their spokesman.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

it will be a hassle for Winnipeg to travel that far for every game seeing as they are in the SE division. Will winnipeg keep their stadium full if they keep losing? Obviously first couple years aren't problem because they will be excited for new team.... but in 5 years if they are still terrible... will this move be all that great? isn't winnipeg a small market like 600,000 people?

dont know much about the move (other than barry melrose loves it). would like to hear more from people that know more about it.

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Quote Originally Posted by magynuck View Post
    jets team name was named by hatskin after ny jets
    I thought they were named after Bobby Hull 'The Golden Jet'.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by MathewXB View Post
    That's funny because Dallas loves the stars and outside of the stupid owners in Phoenix they sell out on a regular basis. I know this because I lived there for 2 years. Now lets talk about San Jose, LA, and Anaheim their fans are die hard and have created a very strong in-state Rivalry that is well known. Now lets talk about Nashville, The Panthers, and Tampa Bay all very well supported teams. So to say that hockey dose not belong in the south that is stupid, I think what you meant to say was hockey dose not belong in Atlanta since this is the second team they have lost into Canada. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in.

XB
    Florida well supported? Predators?? they couldn't even sell out a Round 2 playoffs game. Tampa Bay has a good team so people SHOULD go out but they still only filled 87% capacity. I agree with the 3 california teams however....but that is the west coast. Very different in the South..

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Great to see the support in the Peg Florida you are next. Two teams in Florida = -EV

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great initial support. I can see why the NHL resisted moving back to a small (from a media standpoint) market, but it's apparent Winnipeg will support this team bigtime in the short term.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Dustin Buffalo lingtojjton or hoever you call him will really be a star in Winnipeg.He's from Roseau,Minnesota right across the border from Manitoba and played juniors in Manitoba.The NHL is really pushing the affirmative action minority aspect and big Buff is a mix of all sorts of ethnicities.The guy is a brute and is fun watching.He really lucked out when Chicago traded him to Atlanta where it worked out this way where he goes back home.Roseau hockey in high school is huge and they booted this guys ass out of school for god knows what reasons and he wnt toCanada juniors.Now watch the jock sniffers from Roseau worship the guy.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

I'm very happy for the Winnipeg area. Now let's find a team name and get on with things.

Marigold HD

Also.......

I personally know some guys on Phoenix Coyotes who said that some of the guys on the team were not looking forward to going to Winnipeg. The only way they would go is if they were forced to by the league.
    Ps. Bryzgalov the goalie runs the team practically. He practices when he wants to and dosent play when he doesn't feel like it. The guys all like the Phoenix area ie.nice weather, golf,etc.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

**** bryzgalov, he sucks anyway. You don't want losers like that in the playoffs.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Went to a hockey game once as a kid and fell asleep.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1586

All of the scapers are now coming out of the woodwork. Looks to be a lot of them.
    I didn't think it would be this huge or I would have scalped some too.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold HD View Post
    Also.......

I personally know some guys on Phoenix Coyotes who said that some of the guys on the team were not looking forward to going to Winnipeg. The only way they would go is if they were forced to by the league.
    Ps. Bryzgalov the goalie runs the team practically. He practices when he wants to and dosent play when he doesn't feel like it. The guys all like the Phoenix area ie.nice weather, golf,etc.
    thank god the coyotes didnt move then

magynuck
    magynuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3844

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    uhhh, ya, sure....
    as it is with my 2 computers did not get section I wanted...had him working on my behalf...now that he knows I already have 4 offering to "take them off my hands"....

Marigold HD

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    **** bryzgalov, he sucks anyway. You don't want losers like that in the playoffs.
    I just learned that management will NOT sign Bryzgalov at all for a contract. Now the coaches can take the team back and move forward.

First 12