hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

if one skate is offside, the play is offside. It doesn't matter where his left skate is. His right skate is offside. Therefore, the play is offside. Puck must enter zone before either of player's skates.

hockey216

Off-side!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images  

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    if one skate is offside, the play is offside. It doesn't matter where his left skate is. His right skate is offside. Therefore, the play is offside. Puck must enter zone before either of player's skates.
    wrong

one more time -- please read s l o w l y ....

There are two determining factors in an offside violation:

1. Attacking players' skate position: One of a player's skates is not in contact with or behind the blue line of the attacking zone before the puck enters that zone.
    2. Puck position: The puck must completely cross the edge of the blue line nearest the attacking zone to be considered inside the attacking zone for the purposes of offsides.

hockey216

all right. We disagree on rules. I just feel like many times, this is called in NHL. no use arguing. I just know how it is always called from my personal experience. Not trying to make a long arguing thread. I just thought puck had to enter the zone first. That's the way i was tought. That's the way i've always seen it called. Either way, it was an awfully close call. Anyway, good luck on all NHL wagers. Have a great night!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    all right. We disagree on rules. I just feel like many times, this is called in NHL. no use arguing. I just know how it is always called from my personal experience. Not trying to make a long arguing thread. I just thought puck had to enter the zone first. That's the way i was tought. That's the way i've always seen it called. Either way, it was an awfully close call. Anyway, good luck on all NHL wagers. Have a great night!
    you learned it wrong somehow way back when. Now you have it!

QuikNZ
    QuikNZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going to post this here as well because I think the NHL Official Rules make it pretty clear what is onside and what is offside. He is clearly onside.

As people have said, hockey is a fast game and sometime calls are made wrong and sometimes they are right. This time it was called right.

Official NHL rules say he is not offside. Sorry mate.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26497

Rule 83 - Off-side

83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone.

The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leadingedge of the blue line involved in the play.

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leadingedge of the blueline regardless of the position of his stick. However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL.... a guy has a username 'hockey216' and he has no clue about the rules of hockey.... here he is talking about 'personal experience' and he's still clueless as an orphaned donkey.

First 12