gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

NHL returns to winnipeg

Glad their will another Canadian team in the NHL.

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

interesting, they tried it once and didnīt work, whatīs changed now? so are they gonna be the winnipeg thrashers?

drc6491
    drc6491's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

ya prob expect a name change

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

yeah! this is definately exciting. i really hope they bring back their old logo and name then itll almost be like they never left

mike-dub

does anybody know if/where the moose are going? i heard theyre going to the maritimes

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

I hope they keep the Jets name but I'm guessing they go with Manitoba Moose.

mike-dub

"carefully considering the jets name" says mark chipman

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

the ticket prices are ok I guess , but there asking for a 3 or 5 year term on season tickets. That's quite an investment ..

mike-dub

i dont think theyll have a problem getting the 13,000 seasons tickets sales. single game prices are pretty good, 39$-129$. i may be flying to winnipeg instead of phoenix next year to watch my canucks play !

jnsbanman
    jnsbanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by eleuropeano View Post
    interesting, they tried it once and didnīt work, whatīs changed now?
    Alot has changed in Winnipeg in the last 15 years. The provinces economy is constantly growing, the new mts center is awesome, the revised business plan of the NHL. This is awesome news for our city!!!!

GO Winnipeg/Manitoba __________ GO!!!!

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Prop Bet?
    Detroit or Columbus to the Eastern Conference.

Can't keep Winnipeg in the East when they're way off in "buttphuck a moose terri-toba."

Trending on twitter right now.

darrell74

My favorite tweet:BREAKING: Schools in Winnipeg postpone English lessons in favor of 40 minutes of spelling 'Byfuglien' and 'Ondrej Pavelec' on chalkboard.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

I just want to see the jersey. F-ck winnipeg

darrell74

Also, do they sell 13,000+ season-ticket holders to those moose-phuckers.
    Very blue-collared and lots of farm-industry related workers.
    Does that province have the scratch to buy 13,000 season-tix?

I'll go ahead and set the 0ver/under at 10 years that they relocate to the south.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Prop Bet?
    Detroit or Columbus to the Eastern Conference.

Can't keep Winnipeg in the East when they're way off in "buttphuck a moose terri-toba."

Trending on twitter right now.
    I hope Detroit comes back to the east..... I would love to see the Rivalry between the bruins, leafs, habs, rangers and wings restarted.

mike-dub

is that really a bet somewhere? its gotta be detroit because theyre in the eastern time zone. columbus is in central time zone, so theyd stay

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I'll go ahead and set the 0ver/under at 10 years that they relocate to the south.
    Close to my sentiments. I know the CAN dollar exchange makes a difference but essentially the market has not made a huge change-Winnipeg is still Winnipeg. At any rate, I do like having another Canadian team but the league really needs to start understanding the business dynamics as they look like freaking idiots relocating teams/supporting teams like PHX. Hope they can make it work.

Frodo
    Frodo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 909

We'll see how it goes in the long run for Winnipeg. When Atlanta was playing decent from 2004-2008, they drew more fans than Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, New Jersey and Washington. Even that "decent" play was pitiful enough to keep them from qualifying for the playoffs. It's definitely a fair weathered fanbase, but you can't repeatedly put a crappy product on the ice and hope for high attendance (i.e...Colorado, Phoenix, Columbus..etc.). Don Waddell should rot in hell for his poor decisions......one of the most pathetic GMs in professional sports. The guy is a joke. Bettman should get a swift kick to the nuts as well for completely abandoning Atlanta. No effort whatsoever to step in and help a franchise run by 8 monkeys from the ASG. A city with over 6million in population, an abundance of northern transplants and $$millions in disposable income should not be looked over so quickly. The fans were prevalent enough to average more than 16k/game. They just got tired of being handed a paper bag full of birdsh#t every time they walked through the turnstile.

I'm glad for the move. New ownership, new GM, new players and a team in Canada means things will be just fine. League contraction isn't an option. Go Jets!

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Points Awarded:

Glitch gave hels 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Will they be in the northwest division?

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Quote Originally Posted by jnsbanman View Post

Alot has changed in Winnipeg in the last 15 years. The provinces economy is constantly growing, the new mts center is awesome, the revised business plan of the NHL. This is awesome news for our city!!!!

GO Winnipeg/Manitoba __________ GO!!!!
    Hey Ban, didn't know you lived there...Congrats on getting your team back

Your team and my team have had some pretty good common players though the years....Hawerchuk, Housley, Numminen (sp)....Those are 3 off the top of my head.....

And also in the same season 92'-93'...both our clubs had a right winger that scored 76 goals

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    nice post.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad to see Winnipeg back...Long live Dale Hawerchuk!

jnsbanman
    jnsbanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Winnipeg actually has the highest number of millionaires per capita in the world... Backed by David Thompson the 19th richest man in the world.

Winnipeg is not the economic dump it used to be in the early-mid 90s and before. I have little doubt that Winnipeg will gladly stand behind our new franchise for many many years to come. Watch driveto13.com for the proof.

polsefest
    polsefest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 572

Quote Originally Posted by mike-dub View Post
    is that really a bet somewhere? its gotta be detroit because theyre in the eastern time zone. columbus is in central time zone, so theyd stay
    wouldn't it be easier to put Nashville in the East in the southeast division too. Don't think they want to put a regular contender in Detroit away from the West and the NHL would like to keep some of the Original six between the conferences as evenly as they can and being 4 are already in the east.

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by jnsbanman View Post
    Winnipeg actually has the highest number of millionaires per capita in the world... Backed by David Thompson the 19th richest man in the world.

Winnipeg is not the economic dump it used to be in the early-mid 90s and before. I have little doubt that Winnipeg will gladly stand behind our new franchise for many many years to come. Watch driveto13.com for the proof.
    I know Austin Powers is(er-- Mike Myers) is probably from that area.

But a serious question, why would anyone live in Winnipeg?
    Why would anyone with a million bucks live in Winnipeg?

If you had family, or got outsourced up there, I understand.
    But come on, if you had a million bucks, are you seriously gonna believe that Winnipeg is your place flash that cash!!!

Seriously, give me one good answer, and I'll give you 1000 points.
    That's a guarantee!!!
    1000 betpoints to anybody that gives me one single reason that a millionaire wants to roll in Winnipeg.

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by polsefest View Post
    wouldn't it be easier to put Nashville in the East in the southeast division too. Don't think they want to put a regular contender in Detroit away from the West and the NHL would like to keep some of the Original six between the conferences as evenly as they can and being 4 are already in the east.
    Anyways, it has already been reported that Winnipeg will be in the East for the next season.

darrell74

#Justsaying

This is why Gary Bettman is the worst sports commissioner in the 4 major sports.
    Winnipeg!!!!
    Seriously, theirs at least 10 sports markets that would kill it way better than that sub-arctic wasteland.
    Seattle/Tacoma
    Milwaukee
    Colorodao Springs
    Houston
    Omaha
    OKC/Tulsa
    Albuquerque
    Portland
    Baltimore
    Indianapolis

You may not like that list, but I thought of that list in about 40 seconds.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8430

#Justsaying

This is why Gary Bettman is the worst sports commissioner in the 4 major sports.
    Winnipeg!!!!
    I have no problem with Gary Bettman. The sport has great attendance and the ridiculous salaries have slowed down since he implemented the salary cap the NHLPA said they would never agree to.

What about Stern in the NBA? can you say Vancouver Grizzlies? Seattle Super Sonics? Attendance is going down faster than $30 hooker.

Name:  canucksjets.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  38.3 KB