Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Finals Series Price

Bruins +180 (34.1%)
    Canucks -220 (65.8%)

from The Greek.

Like the Canucks in this spot, well rested, with the potential return of Malhotra.

sanchez
    sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

thomas will steal a game or two but vancouver is a heavy favorite for a reason, i like em too

skm39
    skm39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3988

Still waiting for it to come out at pinnacle. Hopefully they have alternate series prices

SlimZ
    SlimZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8320

Wow I'm shocked Van-220 that's pretty chalky for the stanley cup finals

Rich Boy

Now +201/-225 at Pinny

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

+212/-238
    Looks like its going to be a 4 game sweep by the canucks.

phxcoyotes
    phxcoyotes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Was hoping for better odds

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Quote Originally Posted by DemoralizdDreamr View Post
    +212/-238
    Looks like its going to be a 4 game sweep by the canucks.
    Sweep only pays +752

wow

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

I picked the Nucks to win it like a week or two ago...I got em' at +160

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Vancouver are currently -235 at 5dimes. Vancouver are the better team and should be the favorite to win, but that line is absurd. I have watched all 100 Bruins games this season, Vancouver aren't even close to that much better than Boston. It will be a close series. Sedins will be a non factor 5 on 5. There is no better team in the NHL than Boston at shutting down top lines with strategic match-ups.

Samzilla
    Samzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post
    Vancouver are currently -235 at 5dimes. Vancouver are the better team and should be the favorite to win, but that line is absurd. I have watched all 100 Bruins games this season, Vancouver aren't even close to that much better than Boston. It will be a close series. Sedins will be a non factor 5 on 5. There is no better team in the NHL than Boston at shutting down top lines with strategic match-ups.
    Nashville says hi.

Jones10
    Jones10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

Too much juice on the final for me. I like Vancouver in 5 for +300 and Vancouver in 6 for +400 better then taking them -210 for the series.

Rich Boy

Bruins might have a strong defense but who can score for them?

They dont have depth at the D position to shut down 2 top lines. They have to chose between Sedins or Keslers line. Boston's only hope is Thomas stealing 2+ games and Luongo blowing a few games, even then its a coinflip.

70kgman

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Bruins might have a strong defense but who can score for them?
    Boston have averaged 3.22 goals a game in the playoffs, Vancouver 2.78, so obviously someone is scoring. And all while having the worst PP in NHL playoff history for a team that made it to the finals, so those were almost all 5 on 5 goals. Boston may not have much top end offensive talent, but they are deep in quality forwards, they roll 4 lines that are all capable of scoring and who are also defensively responsible. They basically have 4 second line caliber lines.

supr_villn
    the play never changes
    supr_villn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston have averaged 3.22 goals a game in the playoffs, Vancouver 2.78, so obviously someone is scoring. And all while having the worst PP in NHL playoff history for a team that made it to the finals, so those were almost all 5 on 5 goals. Boston may not have much top end offensive talent, but they are deep in quality forwards, they roll 4 lines that are all capable of scoring and who are also defensively responsible. They basically have 4 second line caliber lines.
    excellently put ! ..

.. & they will win

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Like everyone else, I like Vancouver. But the juice is way too high. Also I think itl be a close series, as Thomas can win a series on his own imo.

goobretty
    goobretty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow, I can't believe people are thinking about laying this much juice for the series. Vancouver is certainly the more offensively talented team, but the Bruins just played a very skilled team in Tampa. It will be the priority of the Bruins to shut down the Sedin and Kesler lines. In the Lightning series, they did a very good job against their top 2 lines. The key will be getting Chara and Seidenberg out there as much as possible in these matchups. With Vancouver having the last change for the first 2 games, it may be a little difficult. But, all through the playoffs, the Bruins have done well in the faceoff dot, gaining possession, and getting the matchups they want. Don't forget how bad the PP has been. If they can play Vancouver even, or even beat them in specialty teams, they have a decent chance of taking the series.

Though I think the Canucks will probably prevail in this series, it's tough to count out the Bruins. Do the Canucks win this series ~74% of the time(as a breakeven point)? I can't imagine so, so I'm most certainly staying away.

Yoinkerz
    Yoinkerz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

nucks are going to win!! i think the odds are too generous still! lol

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post
    Like everyone else, I like Vancouver. But the juice is way too high. Also I think itl be a close series, as Thomas can win a series on his own imo.
    The juice isn't way too high. If everyone is curious about why the series price is so one sided... this is about goaltending and nothing more to be honest with you guys. If you believe Tim Thomas will stay hot and outduel Roberto Luongo... then put up the cash and go for it. The books believe this is Luongo's series... flat out. As far as I'm concern... both these teams match up 50/50 in almost everything else.

Canukc
    Canukc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2535

Quote Originally Posted by supr_villn View Post
    excellently put ! ..

.. & they will win

I agree with both of U Good stuff. No one predicts a sweep, so which game(s) will BB's win?

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

That's far too much juice to lay. Take alternate series price for VAN -1.5.

Samzilla
    Samzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    The juice isn't way too high. If everyone is curious about why the series price is so one sided... this is about goaltending and nothing more to be honest with you guys. If you believe Tim Thomas will stay hot and outduel Roberto Luongo... then put up the cash and go for it. The books believe this is Luongo's series... flat out. As far as I'm concern... both these teams match up 50/50 in almost everything else.
    Special teams?

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    That's far too much juice to lay. Take alternate series price for VAN -1.5.
    I agree, this bet looks good to me. I'll prolly put a few coins on it

Rich Boy

Eastern conference teams are weak, they dont have the style of play or the skill to make it in the West.

West > East, without question.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
    Special teams?
    I would like to think Boston's PK is going to disrupt Vancouver's PP. A lot of people would never think so... I don't think it's going to be so potent. What I do believe... Tim Thomas will let in a few weak goals... to change momentum here and there. I also have a funny feeling the NHL won't call too many penalties to give the other team an advantage. On the score sheet... it should be below than normal. Just my opinion.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Eastern conference teams are weak, they dont have the style of play or the skill to make it in the West.

West > East, without question.
    Last 10 Cups, 5 east, 5 west.

Yes complete domination.

Pens healthy would own Vancouver and be faves in the series.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

hahaha. the line/heavy juice is about the special teams, not lopsided goaltending... luongo and thomas are a wash AT BEST. you'd still have to give the edge to thomas, even if a slight one. The lopsided line is about 1) vancouvers lights out powerplay and shutdown penalty kill, and 2) them being the nhl's powerhouse beating everybody all year long.

Goaltending will be mostly a non-factor this series at best. if not a non-factor, boston has the edge. i don't see thomas getting badly out-dueled in net this playoffs. He's been too good for too long. He's outdueled every other goalie so far and is up for the Conn Smythe trophy.

Vancouver better team, yes. but goaltending is not the reason for the heavy -225 line. its about their depth, home ice, powerplay, penalty kill.

hockey216

both teams match up 50/50 in everything else? . Vancouver has the #1 powerplay in the playoffs (28%) and boston has the WORST powerplay in the playoffs. Vancouver has better penalty kill also. Boston has been good on pk at times, but allowed TB to go 3-3 on PP in 1st 3 attempts in game 6. one of them was like 12s in lol.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    both teams match up 50/50 in everything else? . Vancouver has the #1 powerplay in the playoffs (28%) and boston has the WORST powerplay in the playoffs. Vancouver has better penalty kill also. Boston has been good on pk at times, but allowed TB to go 3-3 on PP in 1st 3 attempts in game 6. one of them was like 12s in lol.
    Bro... go blow yourself. Hi... my name is hockey216... and my momma only taught me one sport... dude... you act like your the Jim Rome of hockey... runs your mouth about everything... and the opposite happens. This isn't like 1 meets 20. It's the best in the west and best in the east. You act like Vancouver is the only one out on the ice when they play? You pathetic fu#$.

hockey216

Bro... go blow yourself. Hi... my name is hockey216... and my momma only taught me one sport... dude... you act like your the Jim Rome of hockey... runs your mouth about everything... and the opposite happens. This isn't like 1 meets 20. It's the best in the west and best in the east. You act like Vancouver is the only one out on the ice when they play? You pathetic fu#$.
    First of all, my momma didn't teach me hockey. i played it for 12 years and learned it myself. 2nd, you can't provide any counter-analysis and have to resort to personal attacks? hmm... Well, thanks for conceding my points. And the west conf in the nhl is stronger than the east. and how am i pathetic? i never said vancouver was the only one on the ice when they play. and i never said vancouver would blow bruins out. i think it might be a 6 or 7 game series. i provided legitimate analysis in all my threads. Vancouver has better powerplay/penalty kill, thomas is better goalie (slightly).

you saying that Luongo is better goalie, and the powerplay is 50/50 and is even on both teams is absurd. vancouver's 28% boston is i think 5-for-60-something.

Thanks for the personal attacks, moneyshot. Try watching hockey before you post from now on. Cheers.

hockey216

You were the one saying Vancouver was a monumental favorite, not me. And your reasoning was a huge goaltending edge, which is strange since thomas has been the better goalie so far. if you can provide analysis, i welcome it. i'm willing to listen to your arguments. but saying that Luongo is going to out-goaltend Thomas by a landslide.. is... um... speculation? could happen. but thomas could also out-goaltend luongo. I think Vancouver has slight edge due to powerplay and penalty kill. bruins powerplay has been awful. If Chara being in the slot can help it get going, hey, we got a series. If not, vancouver will have a slight edge. I wasn't the one saying vancouver was monumental favorite. you were. so you're a hypocrite.

hockey216

and correction.... boston has the worst powerplay for teams advancing to 2nd round. think only NY rangers and pittsburgh were worse, but the sample size was small because they didn't go far. Not like bruins, who had only 5 goals on 60-something attempts. So not counting pittsburgh (eliminated 1st round) and NYR (eliminated 1st round) when i say boston has worst powerplay in playoffs. both are small sample sizes.

70kgman

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    2) them being the nhl's powerhouse beating everybody all year long.
    Vancouver come out of the worst division in hockey, getting to play creampuffs all year will make any team look better than they really are. The two worst teams in hockey are in that northwest division, and all other 4 teams in the division are non playoff teams. Only 36 of Vancouver's 82 games were against playoff teams.

hockey216

Vancouver come out of the worst division in hockey, getting to play creampuffs all year will make any team look better than they really are. The two worst teams in hockey are in that northwest division, and all other 4 teams in the division are non playoff teams. Only 36 of Vancouver's 82 games were against playoff teams.
    Touche. that's a great point. i think the series price was too high at -225. yes they had a cheap division, but i do give vancouver credit for beating san jose. i thought san jose was a legitimate contender. i think it takes a lot to beat them in 5 games. although, i will admit the series was closer than the 4-1 victory would lead you to believe. san jose nearly got a split in 1st 2 against vancouver. they blew that one game in the 3rd period. and they killed themselves in game 4 by giving vancouver a few 5-3 PP's. Then, Luongo makes 52 saves in game 5. So, i think it's tough to say. yes, they had a cheap division.. but they're still a good team. i think beating san jose in 5 games says something, despite it being closer than ppl might think. I guess after the stanley cup is over, we will see whether vancouver has been the real deal, or whether they just had a cheap division. i think vancouver has an edge over boston because of special teams (powerplay, penalty kill). but i wouldn't set the line at -225. it will be interesting to see what happens. i think we're in for a 6 or 7 game series.

Prey
    Prey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shitty folks saying Thomas can steal one or two games. Jesus christ! Bruins offense has been pretty solid and also with good timing. If Thomas steals two games (let's say 0-1 goals let in is a steal (possibly 2)), I promise you bruins will win this shit!

12 Last