TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

San Jose Sharks... In Hot Water?

There's a few things that bothers me with San Jose at the moment. There's just something missing and/or fading away about them in this Vancouver series. Are they tired? Are they ambitious enough? Why was the series line set so high at Vancouver -175? There's a lot of things that just don't add up... but I'm going to break down a few things that I don't like about San Jose at the moment.

1. Los Angeles Kings and the Extra Over Time - Those were some early wicked Round 1 games between those 2 teams. A lot of people don't remember but San Jose actually trailed Games 2-5 at one point. Always coming back in 3 games... it's just a pain in the ass. Even though San Jose won the series in 6. The series was more grueling than you think. My Take: WASTED PERIODS

2. Detroit Red Wings Down 0-3. Why couldn't you knock them out? - Again... extra games. Extra time. Extra energy. Game 5 San Jose was up... couldn't burry Detroit. LOSS. Game 6 San Jose was up... couldn't burry Detroit. LOSS. Game 7... luckily home ice was there to save you. Again, a close nailbiter. My Take: WASTED GAMES

3. San Jose Up 2-1 in Game 1. What the hell happened? - Just came out dead in the 3rd period. Maybe dead isn't the word? You could say Vancouver OVER POWERED them? That's more like it. This is a major concern of mine. I don't think San Jose could of played any better for the first 2 periods. Finally, Vancouver's speed and will over matched San Jose.

This series WILL NOT BE GIVEN to San Jose. San Jose must earn it... and I don't know how much energy they have left in the tank???

I have a huge prop bet for San Jose to win the Western Conference to win 6k. I can tell they are fizzling. I didn't like the game play AT ALL in the 3rd period. You could say... well San Jose will get them at the Shark Tank... I disagree. You have to count on a split at the shark tank. So if Vancouver wins game 2... I can see a Vancouver 3-1 series lead heading into Game 5.

I don't normally like to take heavy favorites in a series price after game 1. But Vancouver is for real... and I don't see them losing this series. I think the Sharks are banged up more than people think... and Vancouver is playing with a Vengeance.

A MUST WIN FOR SAN JOSE IN GAME 2... OR THIS SERIES IS OVER.

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Sharks win game 2 and series. You can hedge if they lose game 2.

Excess
    Excess's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sharks Are not a stanley cup finals team....this is vancouvers year...looks like a great matchup for them

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Arg, was hoping to get +150 or more in game 2 like in game 1.

pgall08
    Update your status
    pgall08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 172

Agreed, must win game for SJ in game 2. I wouldn't read too much into game 1. Clearly they looked fatigued the 2nd half of the game. 2 days off should help

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

word

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

I would hope for them to win game 2 and then definitely hedge a little.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Agreed that SJ was simply out of gas after the first half or so of game one. Hey, it happens and I suppose they did the best they could to retain the lead and then to regain it but pretty tough with your horses out of oats. I'm giving them another chance on the moneyline tonight as I think it's a realistic wager but the series is definitely a toss-up at this point. Keep in mind from VAN's perspective it takes a ton of energy to bodycheck the way they did game one, that's why teams can so infrequently keep pressure like that consistently. Cheers

mart59a
    mart59a's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13553

Hope you get your prop bet...will be rooting for San Jose.

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only thing that can stop Vancouver is Vancouver. If Vancouver can step up their game like they did in game 7 against Chicago when ever they want to...no one can beat them in a 7 game series..And they don't need Sedin sisters to do it...They have unbelievable defense and leadership from Bieksa and Kesler( hands down the best pair in hockey) They can shut down anyone. the question is can they do it every game???probably not..I think this series is gonna go 7 games, because as the earlier post said "You can't body check and play with that kind of intensity every game". I think Sharks play a lot better in the second game and win game 2...I don't really like Vancouver..because of pussies Sadins, but I absolutely love Ryan Kessler, if it wasn't for him Vancouver would be sitting home and watching playoffs on TV.
    I wanna see Vancouver/Tampa finals.. That would be unbelievable hockey(Thus TV ratings) Hint, Hint....(It's all about the money)
    Last edited by Boxing Champ; 05-17-11 at 05:54 PM.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

tampa vs vancouver would not be close

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

gonna play van and tampa to win series 4-0

over5.5
    over5.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

good write up, cant wait for game two.

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    tampa vs vancouver would not be close
    I'm not sure who you're declaring a winner...