bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

SJ at VAN Sunday

With the line being about -170 VAN right now I can see the opportunity for a SJ wager or even better a "game to OT" wager which by my check pays about +279. The last two meetings (yes, I realize a great deal changes in the playoffs) went to OT. VAN is nursing a fair number of injuries (who isn't, but theirs are fairly notable) which may counteract some of the last change advantage. As well, I personally think that home ice has been a DISadvantage for VAN with the pressure and SJ has to be feeling on top of the world fresh off the DET win. Given all the factors I think I'm going with SJ moneyline and think very carefully about an OT wager. Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by bigsmitty; 05-14-11 at 11:19 PM.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

SJ +158 is too much...almost have to put a unit on it.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I'm playing a little bit on the Sharks. Good luck guys.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

The line on SJ is ridiculous. Bank it.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont know why its set at 5.5 with the way van plays D especially at home most other games were set at 5 i believe..

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Have to agree with the value on the Sharks. These teams are very evenly matched and no way I'd lay -170 on my Nucks in game 1 vs the Sharks. I like the over the most tomorrow.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Have to agree with the value on the Sharks. These teams are very evenly matched and no way I'd lay -170 on my Nucks in game 1 vs the Sharks. I like the over the most tomorrow.
    VAN have been so overpriced this post-season anyone hoping to make a penny on them will be bankrupt by the time the playoffs are over. The only value they've had is in futures....which is a risky proposition all on it's own.

Like you said, they are so evenly matched that you would be passing up a great opportunity to pass on SJ in this series.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    VAN have been so overpriced this post-season anyone hoping to make a penny on them will be bankrupt by the time the playoffs are over. The only value they've had is in futures....which is a risky proposition all on it's own. Like you said, they are so evenly matched that you would be passing up a great opportunity to pass on SJ in this series.
    Yup. I have made good money on them in series bets but the bookies are over-pricing the shit outta them unfortunately Sharks are a good live dog in the series and every road game.

cutesauce
    cutesauce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

i also agree lots of value on sj

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    really you like the over, why? Public fade? I mean at home van plays a lockdown type game and considering it is the first of their series i would think they would do that more.

JuniorAnalyst
    JuniorAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

The only reasonable play here is the Under. Both teams in Round 1 and 2 had there Game 1's go under 5.5 Tonight they will play even tighter making the under a lock. Betting moneylines isnt smart here because betting vancover is to much juice but even with the sharks value there most likely not gonna win in this position 75% of the time.

bigsmitty

I don't play totals but I would think Under 5.5 would be my route. A key in taking the Sharks (the line is great but it's irrelevant if they are that unlikely to win) is the Sedins. I think that although they can still be a presence on the ice, realistically if VAN can't count on two of the best point producers through the season they are left to play a similar style as developed with NSV. For SJ I think Niemi and a defensive mindset will continue to be their focus-letting their offense capitalize in bursts. At any rate, I think I'm likely to try out the OT wager along with the SJ side. I do have to say I am quite shocked that the Sedins have so fallen off the radar-what with being called out, etc one must only figure they have been (to this point) literally unable to produce points. Good luck guys.

Cranium
    Cranium's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1439

Go with the under... SJ is tired and VAN will be rusty..

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by Cranium View Post
    Go with the under... SJ is tired and VAN will be rusty..
    Over it is.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

no clue, but should be a helluva game...tend to think it will be high scoring, b/c i dont trust either goalie, especially not luongo

window
    window's Avatar Become A Pro!

spreads

vancouver is crazy and they will cover w/ spreads 1.5

NYER5680
    NYER5680's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

I will take canucks -1.5 as well small play.

Canukc
    Canukc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2535

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Over it is.
    VAN averaged 4.85/game (5/13 over) while SJ has a 6/13 over so far.
    First 2 games each were 1-3 o/u and 3/4 home.
    I,m on the home + under.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

-170 is too high, value on the sharks for sure. that is why you take vancouver because it makes no sense.

bigsmitty

Well losing the SJ moneyline and the OT gig was a bit of a punch to the melon for me. I would complain about the reffing but VAN absolutely dominated that last half. VAN was seriously cranking them in bodychecking, faceoffs and stifling the transitions. That was a quality game on the Canucks behalf, perhaps their best of this playoffs. Cheers

JuniorAnalyst
    JuniorAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Yea most deserved win by canucks so far. Sedins stepped up and i see more coming from them. Vancover is gonna take series in 5 or 6