Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    Bruins bash their way around, but lightning have the finess, speed, and goaltending advantage. Should be good series, I have a lightning futures bet that I might have to hedge.

You're joking or do not know your hockey.

Jakesteen
    Jakesteen's Avatar Become A Pro!

THERE IS NO WAY the Bruins will sweep this series.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Bruins have a better chance at getting swept than sweeping.

goblue24
    goblue24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5912

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    I know, I fit into the cliche of an overly respectful Philly fan but what they did to us was just overwhelming. Do you really think Tampa is that much better than Philly was (even without Pronger 90% of the series)? I don't. Sure their stars have been clicking. They did go 7 against a Pittsburgh team that wasn't very good without the big 2 though, as admirable as what Pit did when all was said and done is. It was impressive what TB did to Washington sure, but Washington always shits the bed in the playoffs.

I say it is a series that very much resembles The Philly series. One close game that could go either way, possibly two because I do give Tampa credit for being a little better than Philly was and Rolie is better than any of the legs of the Philly goalie (now collapsed) tripod.

Boston is so good, so complete and they are just a ******* steam train that will win the cup in my opinion.

That's enough for tremendous value at +1215 (The Greek) to splash a unit on for them to sweep. Love this play.
    Tampa is absolutely without a doubt better than Philly without Pronger mainly for the reason you stated below in your post...the goaltending. Philly basically put a shooter tutor in net and got light up by Boston, who has a terrible offense by the way. This series will not be a sweep. If you insist on lighting your money on fire, you can always just give it to me instead.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Only one person has mentioned that BERGERON IS HURT. The bruins best player. I hear he will miss atleast the first 2 games. Thats 0-2 right there.

Last year we were up 3-0 on philly when Krejci got hurt and we collapsed. No chance of Boston sweeping. Did you watch the montreal series?

I have a future on the bruins to win the cup. Im hedging out with Tampa to win the series. No bergeron, no chance.

NYRin09
    NYRin09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3536

idiot philly fan.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Funny how the Bruins are the least fave compared to 4th liners from the pens and Washington.

Even after looking so good against philly.

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

The Bruins swept the series only because Philly didn't show up. St.Louis/Stamkos will light it up in at least one game, and Roloson should probably steal one for the bolts. I'm looking at a 4-3 series, maybe Boston because of home ice in game 7.
    Anyone looking at this series should wait 'til gametime Saturday and hope for an update on Bergeron.

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Not as great a value as Tampa Bay +2100 to win Stanley Cup.
    Nice find LT, that's tremendous value

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Nice find LT, that's tremendous value
    I bet that before playoffs, probably single-digits now. It was a small bet on my part equivalent to 1/3 unit to win 7 units, not worth hedging.

richyrich8478
    richyrich8478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

would love to believe bruins will sweep but thats not going to happen... oh but they will win this series... well thats what i tell myself so thats the way it will be

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

unlikely, but great value! worth a 5% play.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 316

Tampa Bay all the way.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMO there is zero chance they sweep TB and i think Boston winning is even in question. I wouldnt waste your money, but its yours so do what you want good luck!

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

i really don't see the bruins sweeping the series even at that price its not great value. I think it'll go atleast 6 games

DriveFor25
    DriveFor25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Not so sure about this one, Tampa plays a 1-3-1 where it is hard to get much going and have the offensive firepower to get it done. Roloson and Thomas have been equally as good.

Like the under in almost every game, the style these teams play with the goalies playing the way they are I don't see many goals.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

TB will be tough to take out period! Good goaltending, great special teams...

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

no one is going to get swept any more this season. This is a terrible bet based on the fact the two teams playing just got done sweeping their opponents. I don't think that a sweep has ever taken place following two sweeps prior. Would take a miracle for either of these teams to win 4 in a row against each other. The lightning probably have the better chance to sweep considering the bruins injuries.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

If Boston can stay out of the penalty box they will win this series.

Will it be a sweep? I doubt it.

Tampa Bay did not impress me vs Washington. They were consistently out hit and out shot. Washington had lots of possession and pressure in every game except game 4 and did not produce anything. Roloson is playing great, but I would fancy the Bruins to make more of their opportunities than Washington did.

The Bruins big line is rolling right now. Lucic, Krejci and Horton are playing some of their best hockey in these playoffs. Bergeron is a big loss because he wins faceoffs, plays on both the PK and PP, hits, shoots and passes. He is a real engine for the Bruins, but they have players who are ready to step up. Most notably Chris Kelly who has already shown how much he can contribute in these playoffs.

Boston has the defense necessary to win battles and limit the chances Tampa Bay creates in 5v5, but they will not be able to keep them out on the PP. Tampa Bay's PP has been incredible in these playoffs and its already accounted for 31% of their goals. It is really hard to defend against with their quick tape passing and sniping skills on their 1st PP line.

I still like the Bruins, but they have to play smart, disciplined hockey to win this series.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

I should add that Tampa Bay did not impress me when they were straight up with Washington, but their special teams and goal-tending were superb.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    I should add that Tampa Bay did not impress me when they were straight up with Washington, but their special teams and goal-tending were superb.
    that's their style. they don't look pretty they just get the job done. It's like saying you don't like the way a fighter knocks his opponents out. The lightning may not use beautiful moves and strikes to the head to KO their opponent, but they hit them with body shots and defend against their opponents best punches. It isn't pretty but it works for them. Defense until they find a gap, and when they find the gap they take advantage of it with precision accuracy.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

LTPROFITS is on the lightining. interesting

cutesauce
    cutesauce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

boston is just too tough for the lightnings
    boston in 6/7

mr.inpak
    mr.inpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

very evenually matched philadelphia quit in there series with boston plus they have no goaltender

drc6491
    drc6491's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

boston within 6

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

they wont sweep because that would take a 9-0 run having beat habs in last game..they take series though

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I think the odds of it happening are FAR less than the odds you're getting. For that reason, I'd lay off.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

SlimZ
    SlimZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8320

Fade

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

in trouble old friend..need bruins to score early in third to make me feel better

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

money down the toilet

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Love Tampa. Awful wager.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

There could still be a sweep in this series.
    Points Awarded:

twelvejewelz gave LT Profits 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

First 123 Last