Care to expand on this bold prediction?

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

caps in 6

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Tampa has a chance, slim but anything can happen.
    Should be an entertaining series.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Caps will win, TB offense is too good to get swept

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

TB will put up a fight, but WSH will win. This is the easiest series to predict of the 4.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    TB will put up a fight, but WSH will win. This is the easiest series to predict of the 4.
    This was the toughest one for me for some reason....And I am kind of leaning towards TB...any word on Knuble ?

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

We aren't going to get any reliable info about injuries at this time of year, but Knuble or not the Caps will take this series. There isn't enough quality depth up front for TB, Stamkos looks like a scarecrow, and Roloson hasn't been properly tested yet. Getting Brewer was a nice pickup, but top to bottom there are problems on the back end too.

Washington is too stacked, too prepared, and too rested.

Oh yes, and no team that has gone 7 games in the 1st round has won the cup since 1992.

Food for thought.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Caps all the way to the finals.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by goblue24 View Post
    Care to expand on this bold prediction?
    Pretty simple I think. I was going to write a lot, but let's start with this:

1. What happens if Crosby and Malkin had played in the Tampa series?

2. What happens when Caps have their full roster vs Tampa?

3. Caps going to go 1 for 35 on the PP?

4. Caps going to have a 5% shooting percentage?

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35447

NO chance because the favorite always wins in the playoffs

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

This is why I can't stand CRAPITALS fans.... How can you make a BOLD prediction about them sweeping the Lightning when your team has under achieved the last couple of years and before that never made the playoffs. I understand we all have our favorite teams and can show it on these threads. However, when you start a thread with that BOLD of a statement please be able to back it up.

Crapitals won the season series 4-2 *** but 3 games were decided in OT***

not sure I would say the Crapitals dominated TB in the season series... TB is not consistent team but I can say they will give the CRapitals a series.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

-171 for the series.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Lightning have as good a chance as any team does. Let us not forget the caps lost to an 8 seeded Montreal team when they were expected to win it all last season. The lightning played the caps tough this year and I don't expect it to be any different in the playoffs.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by KACK View Post
    This is why I can't stand CRAPITALS fans.... How can you make a BOLD prediction about them sweeping the Lightning when your team has under achieved the last couple of years and before that never made the playoffs..
    I hate the Capitals.

I am a Penguins fan.

So having watched every minute of every game vs Tampa, I can tell you Penguins carried much of the play every game.

Do you think Tampa is suddenly going to stop giving up 35+ shots per game? Or that Wash will go 1 for 35 on the PP? Do you think Roloson will continue to stop 63 of 65 shots as he did the last 2 games?

Does it get any more basic than Tampa being down 3-1 to a team missing Crosby and Malkin, being a team coming off a tough 7 game series facing a rested team that isn't missing their top guns?

Lightning won the Pens series because of the disparity in the special teams battle. They will have no such luck this round. you cannot get outshot and give up 5 PPs per game in the playoffs and expect to keep winning.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4332

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Caps all the way to the finals.
    Agree!!

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    NO chance because the favorite always wins in the playoffs
    yeah because carolina,tampa bay,anaheim and chicago were all favourites the year they won their cups right?

FindTheLock

Pretty simple I think. I was going to write a lot, but let's start with this:

1. What happens if Crosby and Malkin had played in the Tampa series?

2. What happens when Caps have their full roster vs Tampa?

3. Caps going to go 1 for 35 on the PP?

4. Caps going to have a 5% shooting percentage?
    =================
    yep pretty simple 1-0 lightning!!! Go bolts!!!

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28138

even down 0-1, caps should come back and take the series.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bold prediction going to be ousted after game 2.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    =================
    yep pretty simple 1-0 lightning!!! Go bolts!!!
    I was unaware the playoffs switched to a best-of-one format

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    I was unaware the playoffs switched to a best-of-one format
    fortunately for you it isn't a first one to win 2 either... You called caps to sweep or in 5. WRONG!!! LOL

FindTheLock

but they won't

5 games

zero chance have the lightning
    see lol

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey dont feel bad, I once said Twitter was so stupid itd never catch on.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35447

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Hey dont feel bad, I once said Twitter was so stupid itd never catch on.
    ha good one

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Bold prediction going to be ousted after game 2.
    Didn't reply to this do you?

Predicting who wins in how many games is what books love for people to do. I'm sure there is some mathematics major who can explain the exact numbers but basically you should get an average of 8-1 on whatever series outcome you take. In reality you'll get either 5-1 or 6-1 so it's complete shit in reality. Stay away from predicting who wins in how many games. They are always awful numbers so don't waste your money.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Wow. What can you say about team that gets outshot 27-9 in the first two, outshot 37-23 for the game but manages to win get yet another goal to bounce in off a Capital Defenseman?

Lucky as all get out?

Their year?

I haven't seen a team get outplayed that badly and still win since Pittsburgh did it to Tampa

In 2010 playoffs

Last week.

Something magical going on when you can consistently be dominated and still find a way to win.

FindTheLock

Wow. What can you say about team that gets outshot 27-9 in the first two, outshot 37-23 for the game but manages to win get yet another goal to bounce in off a Capital Defenseman?

Lucky as all get out?

Their year?

I haven't seen a team get outplayed that badly and still win since Pittsburgh did it to Tampa

In 2010 playoffs

Last week.

Something magical going on when you can consistently be dominated and still find a way to win.
    hahaha dominated? that all depends on how you look at it. A hater such as yourself sees shots on goal as domination. If shots on goal won games then the lightning wouldn't be winning. The only things that matter are defense, goal tending, and taking advantage of your goal scoring opportunities. Not how many shots on goal you get. If you want to call it luck then that's fine, but just drop the haterade and admit you were wrong and don't know what you're talking about. No chance has a 2-0 series lead and haven't even played a home game yet. That sounds like a pretty good chance to me and most other rational people in the world. The lightnings execution and preparation have put them in position to win a 2nd round series. Let's see if they can keep getting dominated up 2 games to 0 shall we?

puckhead31
    Hockey baby
    puckhead31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

haha Mike Green is so OVERRATED and so is Niklas Backstrom and Ovie is NOT a captain haha

Caps suck again 2-0 hole!

http://www.puckinghockey.com/2011/05...-overview.html

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i don't even think the lightning have played particularly well, and they're still winning. i can't wait until the lightning start to play better. i like teams with aggressive skating, to me a good final would be lightning and canucks.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    hahaha dominated? that all depends on how you look at it. A hater such as yourself sees shots on goal as domination. If shots on goal won games then the lightning wouldn't be winning. The only things that matter are defense, goal tending, and taking advantage of your goal scoring opportunities. Not how many shots on goal you get. If you want to call it luck then that's fine, but just drop the haterade and admit you were wrong and don't know what you're talking about. No chance has a 2-0 series lead and haven't even played a home game yet. That sounds like a pretty good chance to me and most other rational people in the world. The lightnings execution and preparation have put them in position to win a 2nd round series. Let's see if they can keep getting dominated up 2 games to 0 shall we?
    What the fukk game were you watching there homer? Shots, for the most part, are a reflection of a possession of the puck. Sometimes it can be misleading, but not in this game. Normally indicates one team controlling the play, which the Caps did. Additionally, it is sometimes a picture of one team being completely shut down offensively. 9 shots in 2 periods was a factual representation of the offensive capabilities of the Lightning to that point.

Another area that shows a team being outplayed would be PKs. 6 penalties in the first 31 minutes of the game for Tampa cause they were losing the individual battles, losing the foot races and just basically being bitch slapped all around the rink. Funny they magically found discipline and played the next 35 minutes penalty free, huh? When you see a team taking holding and hooking calls it is because they were caught out of position.

They are the 2009/10 Montreal Canadians. Getting out played in nearly every game but still winning with superior goal tending and special teams. How far can it carry them?

FindTheLock

What the fukk game were you watching there homer? Shots, for the most part, are a reflection of a possession of the puck. Sometimes it can be misleading, but not in this game. Normally indicates one team controlling the play, which the Caps did. Additionally, it is sometimes a picture of one team being completely shut down offensively. 9 shots in 2 periods was a factual representation of the offensive capabilities of the Lightning to that point.

Another area that shows a team being outplayed would be PKs. 6 penalties in the first 31 minutes of the game for Tampa cause they were losing the individual battles, losing the foot races and just basically being bitch slapped all around the rink. Funny they magically found discipline and played the next 35 minutes penalty free, huh? When you see a team taking holding and hooking calls it is because they were caught out of position.

They are the 2009/10 Montreal Canadians. Getting out played in nearly every game but still winning with superior goal tending and special teams. How far can it carry them?
    when you give that much credit to the offense and blatantly disregard the defense and penalty kill it is amusing. The lightning PK is in top form, so those penalties aren't doing anything for the capitals. Last series u made the outrageous claim that the lightning wouldn't be able to keep killing penalties against a team who wasn't missing their top offensive producers. You were clearly wrong about that too. There hasn't been one thing that you have predicted that actually worked out for you. despite the outcome of this series your stats are only judging the offensive production. Defense wins championships and the lightning defense and goal tending is on par with the best teams left in the playoffs. The caps could still win this series, but you were far off on your sweep or in 5 prediction and that is evident by the caps 2-0 deficit and 0-11 PP.

FindTheLock

tell me more about this domination theory!!! 3-0 lightning in case you're hiding out in a cave somewhere!!

cutesauce
    cutesauce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

i dont think anyone saw this coming.

SlimZ
    SlimZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8320

Tampa too sweep

123 Last