Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Someone gimme the odds.

StokesChargers
    StokesChargers's Avatar Become A Pro!

It has been 20 years since a team went 7 games in the first round and one the Cup (1992 Penguins). I am rooting for the Canucks, just pointing out a stat that would suggest it is likely they don't win.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

-275 vs Nashville, Opened -250 or less.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by puckhead31 View Post
    Why is everyone blaming the Hawks as the Canucks problems, or that the 2nd round is the problem.

Just face it, the team is not that good. Luongo is a problem and will continue to be..
    Luongo is a problem? If that's their biggest worry then write them in as champs.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by StokesChargers View Post
    It has been 20 years since a team went 7 games in the first round and one the Cup (1992 Penguins). I am rooting for the Canucks, just pointing out a stat that would suggest it is likely they don't win.
    I feel this stat is likely to be useless this year. Half the 1st round series don't usually go 7 games.

Vancouver, Philly, Tampa Bay/Pitt, and Boston/Montreal, 3 out of 4 teams in the eastern conference semis will have went 7 games in the first round.

puckhead31
    Hockey baby
    puckhead31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Love talking to people on here about hockey. 99% of the people here are clueless when it comes to this sport. Doesn't matter if they won 9-0 today, it was a series just like the Canucks where it shouldn't of gone 7. Luongo struggles against the Hawks...no question about it but they're playing the Predators now and it will be a different story. Lu has done well vs the Preds. Just take the under every game and thank me later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    you are clueless. philly has horrific goaltending and you did barely get past a depleted sabres team that had to choke away both two goal leads in game 6. the team completely gave up on luongo in games 4 and 5 so blaming him is hilarious. game 6 was one of the the poorest displays of officiating in nhl history. anyone who watched would agree with that, regardless of if you like either team. sbr talking about hockey is always good for a laugh.
    Typical Canuck Fans..Just like Leafs fans...SBR do your selves a favor and clean up the trash that lurks in this hockey section...

Quote Originally Posted by Greekster View Post
    lol I love how Canucks fans and their GM especially, blame the officiating for their collapse up 3-0. Pathetic. And I also love how the Canucks are going to do much better now that they got their nemesis out of the way, they will skate much more freely and be better now that they have that monkey off their back....blah blah blah. Stop justifying the Canucks poor play in this series by pointing out the struggles of other teams. If you are the #1 seed in the tourney act like it. Dont blame officials, dont blame anybody but yourselves. Luongo stunk in this series and got outplayed by a rookie, the Sedin twins didnt show up and they were choking under pressure until Campoli served it up on a platter. All of that should concern you especially coming from a team that has won NOTHING, thats right NOTHING! This team is overrated garbage and now some of you are locking this team to win the Cup because they barely got by a team that was an 8th seed, struggled to get into the playoffs, lost so many of their key players from last seasons team and had a rookie goaltender. The fact that Canucks fans are so happy they won shows how they have won nothing in the past. They acted like they were an underdog and pulled off a huge upset last night. Um you were favoured, the #1 seed and up 3-0 in the series. The series should have been over long ago. Its only a 1st round win over an inferior opponent and yet you would have thought they won the Cup last night. Only thing more pathetic is being a Leafs fan.
    FINALLY! Somebody with hockey sense!

puckhead31
    Hockey baby

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Luongo is a problem? If that's their biggest worry then write them in as champs.
    Yes he is the problem. ...Watch and learn

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Take your own advice.

leafsfan19
    leafsfan19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 599

point is lakerboy (in regards to your comment on paco's comment) there is a correlation between games played and playoff success. Teams that go 7 games in the first round, haven't won the cup in awhile, for starters. The fact van lost went to game 7 in a 3-0 series lead against an 8th seed is shameful. Maybe they win the cup, but its certainly not a lock, and to say so is a pretty uneducated statement

leafsfan19
    leafsfan19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 599

DG, no offense, but to watch you go from "well, better hedge cuz my team is probably gonna choke" attitude to "you guys are idiots if you think that teh wings will beat the canucks" really makes me question your hockey smarts

puckhead31
    Hockey baby

Quote Originally Posted by leafsfan19 View Post
    DG, no offense, but to watch you go from "well, better hedge cuz my team is probably gonna choke" attitude to "you guys are idiots if you think that teh wings will beat the canucks" really makes me question your hockey smarts
    Finally!

Just like a Bruins fan, too wrapped up in his heart and not his brain.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have watched, and I didn't seem to think he was a problem at all. In the games they lost there was a lot of mental errors by the defense, and poor offense execution. Were there a few weak goals? Yes, but that's bound to happen every now and then in a series. Also, it's not like they were terrible goals let in such as the ones that Boucher and Roloson let in, In fact if it wasn't Luongo and his standards no one would be questioning the goals let in. If the defense and offense are playing to their potential, then Vancouver is going to be pretty tough to beat, And if they are beaten it won't be Lu's fault.

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post

Leafs did it in 1940 - won the cup
    Islanders did it in 1975 - lost the next round
    Flyers did it last year, lost the cup
    Wrong example buddy. we are not talking about Hawks and (would be comeback),we are talking about team going up 3-0 in the series...lose 3 in a row and win game 7...

Viperpiper
    Viperpiper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

Im not even going to comment to some of these morons

puckhead31
    Hockey baby

Quote Originally Posted by Viperpiper View Post
    Im not even going to comment to some of these morons

Boxing Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post

you are clueless. philly has horrific goaltending and you did barely get past a depleted sabres team that had to choke away both two goal leads in game 6.

the team completely gave up on luongo in games 4 and 5 so blaming him is hilarious. game 6 was one of the the poorest displays of officiating in nhl history. anyone who watched would agree with that, regardless of if you like either team.

sbr talking about hockey is always good for a laugh.
    Well..we didn't loose 5-0 at home though did we????

Your Sandin twins have no heart...
    Last edited by Boxing Champ; 04-27-11 at 07:45 PM.

puckhead31
    Hockey baby

Quote Originally Posted by Boxing Champ View Post
    Well..we didn't loose 5-0 at home though did we???? Your Sandin twins have no heart...
    It's best just to LOL at these clowns when the Predators beat them...Sedin's have no heart, as a matter of fact...they do not belong in the NHL. They should just go back to the KHL with that finesse BS. That is NOT NHL playoff material. Ever look at their jerseys at the end of each game? NOT A SINGLE MARK ON THEM. They don't hit!

Viperpiper

Im from Vancouver and biggest canucks fan.... the sedins are fing pussies But they get 100 points each ... they better show up for this series. Kesler burrows carried this team last night.

Boxing Champ

Im from Vancouver and biggest canucks fan.... the sedins are fing pussies But they get 100 points each ... they better show up for this series. Kesler burrows carried this team last night.
    That's an honest objective opinion from a Canucks fan from Vancouver. Yesterday Sedin was 1 on 1 right in front of the net and he panicked..he punked out..didn't even wanna take the shot. That's not a sign of a leader that a whole country depends on and looks up to. He needs to grow a pair if Vancouver wants to get pass Nashville. I think Henrik and his brother have 2 balls between 'em.

Respect Viper...
    Last edited by Boxing Champ; 04-27-11 at 08:11 PM.

puckhead31
    Hockey baby

did i die and go to heaven? A canucks fan here at SBR realizing his teams weaknesses? Wow there is hope at this forum. Good call Viper!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Of course no one is going to deny that the Sedins play like wussies...but they're elite talents and we'll see what happens during round 2. Nashville shouldn't be taken lightly, but the Canucks do match up better vs the Preds rather than the Hawks.

Viperpiper

Im an honest fan, i hate the sedins, criticized them all series vs chicago... biggest pussies in hockey. Skillful and sometimes magical but major pussies.

Tail my plays and check my thread out, Ill win you money bottom line.

Boxing Champ

I played Tampa Over again...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

point is lakerboy (in regards to your comment on paco's comment) there is a correlation between games played and playoff success. Teams that go 7 games in the first round, haven't won the cup in awhile, for starters. The fact van lost went to game 7 in a 3-0 series lead against an 8th seed is shameful. Maybe they win the cup, but its certainly not a lock, and to say so is a pretty uneducated statement

name me the last team to win the cup after sweeping the first round.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Is there a future to bet on this? What's the line?

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Red wings are going to fuk shit up. This team is way too experienced to get rolled over. Also dont forget about the capitals, Ovie is hungry for a stanley.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

It's all about money not pride or respect. Jesus christ some of you guys are fcukin' clueless, I'm not sure why I even try to explain myself here. I had $2140 in play and I'm not gonna let it ride considering the Nucks/Hawks history. This is all about making money that is the ultimate goal here not trying to be an internet hero. It's called trash talking also. Paco and others were running their mouth off about the Wings so I responded with some trash talk back. This is what men do. Also your name is Leafsfan, why the fcuk are you getting upset over me dissing the Wings? If you're a true fan you have one team and one team only you cheer for.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Canucks are going all the way for real this year after that win. You idiots think Detroit winning in 4 against a perennial 1st round gate-keeper is as important as winning a hard fought 7 game series against the defending cup champs? Clearly you squids don't watch hockey or understand the game. Detroit is soft, they're gone against the Sharks for sure. I really hope they win though so the Canucks can roll those wheelchair fcuks.
    Where exactly did I say if you think the Wings will beat the Canucks you're idiots also? I highlighted my smack talk just so you could take a look.

Samzilla
    Samzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    -500 you cannot give one example of a team winning it after overcoming "this type of thing" (+1 for clarity).
    I'll take that bet. 1989 President's Trophy winners Calgary Flames went to overtime in game 7 of the first round against...drum roll...the Vancouver Canucks! Calgary won in OT and went on to win the Cup.

Oddly enough, both teams finished the reg season with 117 points.

LotsoCheese
    I want my NFL!
    LotsoCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Bullshit. That is all I have to say to this.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Only 5 out of the last 20 president trophy winners have won the Cup. Wings twice in 02,08, Avs 01, Stars 99, Rangers 94. Always alot of pressure being the top team. Nucks have chance but very far from a lock.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

I'm not saying the Wings aren't a good team to everyone by the way just talking a little smack The Wings are the best run franchise in the league by far. I just think this is either SJ or VAN's year to finally goto the finals We will see soon enough

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

11 wins left. Lots of so called hockey guys thought the preds would win today. Nashville is done. They needed this one badly to have any chance.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

nashville was done before the series started.

the real games will start next round.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I was going to bet this game off the original post from lakerboy and forgot to bet it

Under probably was a good play too

First 123456 Last