playinragz
    playinragz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

10 more years of Bettman (shot wide)

I can only think Bettman's secure for 10 years. Thats why Hockey sucks , cant grow with a weed suckin the light from the plant. This guy makes cash for the owners but kills the games most exciting part, VIOLENCE ! since instigating became 2 minutes I cant watch 1 minute of the regular season. The grand result today is HUGE LEGAL HITS knocking out players. << good>> Nobody can end it on the ice because of instigating <> Sticks to the head , groin and arms. Nobody can stop it because Bettman dont understand a game he only understands a dollar. Owners care about the dollar so that fit is killing hockey. 10 more years at least.
    N.B.C. who cares about hockey as much as arena football pays nothing for rights. E.S.P.N. who promotes anything sportswise (hold um poker) and turns it into a event gets 0. WHY? Because Bettmans feelings were hurt last contract.
    Bottom line men like fights and violence. Bettman likes opera and serial numbers on 100's. The 2 will never mesh !! Kinda like a rubber thing and a goalie net from september - april.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Guys a useless POS. All he cares about is trying to expand the game in the US, give it the fcuk up. All the good US markets already have teams and nowhere else wants a team or can support a team.

A local Toronto radio station was grilling the guy about the Coyotes coming to Winnipeg the other day. They basically told him to deny the rumors if they weren't true and he refused to confirm they were false.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

the instigator rule is the worst rule in all of sport (DH a close second, shootouts probably 3rd).

for those of us who were around in the 80's to see the pinnacle of this sport (fast paced, high scoring, lots of fights/hitting, etc) the game today barely resembles what it once was when it was great.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

I have no problem with Bettman. Most things hockey fans say about him are just not true.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by xraygord View Post
    I have no problem with Bettman. Most things hockey fans say about him are just not true.
    Gary, shut up.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8440

It's not an easy job being commissioner of any league. You will always be booed and disliked my the fans. It's a no win situation.

I don't have a problem with Bettman and while he is the boss, he does take his directions and makes decisions based on what the owners tell him.

Hockey is still the most exciting sport out there and last I checked, the arenas are full and cities are willing to pay a lot of $$ to get a franchise. I wouldn't mind seeing Winnipeg get another team to be honest.

Go Canucks go!

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I agree it's one of the more thankless jobs to possess but other commissioners in other sports have made innovations and expanded their market share in significant ways. Gary talks a good game but really has accomplished little to promote the business as well as the sport-the two can be mutually beneficial...Cheers

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    It's not an easy job being commissioner of any league. You will always be booed and disliked my the fans. It's a no win situation.

I don't have a problem with Bettman and while he is the boss, he does take his directions and makes decisions based on what the owners tell him.

Hockey is still the most exciting sport out there and last I checked, the arenas are full and cities are willing to pay a lot of $$ to get a franchise. I wouldn't mind seeing Winnipeg get another team to be honest.

Go Canucks go!
    Couldn't of said it any better myself..expect for the last part.

Go Leafs!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8440