Duane1975
    Duane1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

4-17-2011 picks!!! Thoughts

Nashville -145

Washington +105

Chicago -125

NOTES: Vancouver second-line LW Mikael Samuelsson was a late scratch Friday because of illness but could play Sunday. ... Quenneville said RW Tomas Kopecky, who got hurt in the opener and missed Game 2, is progressing. LW Bryan Bickell, who left the ice holding his wrist Friday night, will be re-evalutated Sunday, and center Dave Bolland is doubtful with a concussion. Bolland missed the final 14 games of the regular season.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

like number one very much , i think the van can boys understand they cannot let chicago back in the series, game three will be the chance for the big punch before the knockout, even though the first two games were close , i like canucks today ,they are the better team with more depth

hawtshawt
    hawtshawt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

I like the caps and I think nucks might pull through. Game wise nucks are the better team and if they don't choke, it should be their game tonight.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I agree-I think WSH and VAN are simply too much, especially VAN. Last change is to a great degree irrelevant if your opposition doesn't care who you send out. That's a little harsh but you know what I'm saying. Of course the theory is that NYR and CHI will come out with everything they have, but surely to hell they've already done what they can to avoid going down two games. NSV should have the home stats against ANA and the loss of Ryan isn't particularly huge but does shuffle things. Cheers

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    I agree-I think WSH and VAN are simply too much, especially VAN. Last change is to a great degree irrelevant if your opposition doesn't care who you send out. That's a little harsh but you know what I'm saying. Of course the theory is that NYR and CHI will come out with everything they have, but surely to hell they've already done what they can to avoid going down two games. NSV should have the home stats against ANA and the loss of Ryan isn't particularly huge but does shuffle things. Cheers
    in basketball, they always say that you haven't won anything until you win a road game. In other words, home teams are supposed to win at home. Does this apply to hockey too?? If so, NYR and CHI could win tonigt??

bigsmitty

I don't really know BB all that well but I know what you're saying. Home ice is an advantage but only a theoretical one. In the case of NYR they actually play worse at home than the road (maybe 55 percent). In the case of CHI, they play well at home but what are they going to do with last change-shock everyone and tripleshift one of their top lines? Of course NYR and CHI can win tonight but for me the likelihood isn't good and the price is reasonable on VAN/WSH. Cheers

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    in basketball, they always say that you haven't won anything until you win a road game. In other words, home teams are supposed to win at home. Does this apply to hockey too?? If so, NYR and CHI could win tonigt??
    I would say it doesn't apply, the refs are not playing the same type of factor they do in the NBA. You will see series where there the home team never wins a game, that ain't happening in today's NBA.

bigsmitty

NYR grabs it-hmmm. I stand by my reasoning although I didn't watch the game to closely, rather in between sets at the gym. Nice pick for NYR, of course it was do or die time.