Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Why do visiting players drop the gloves?

In the Detroit vs Phoenix game last night the score is 1-1 in the second period and then the fight with Bertuzzi breaks out and the energy in the building gets wild and what happens, Detroit scores a goal 2 minutes later to take the lead. It just seems dumb if you are a visiting team tied or in the lead.

Also, this was the only fight last night in the 1st or 2nd period and this was the only game to go over.

Good luck to anyone betting the Boston vs Montreal series!

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Yeah Phoenix picked a terrible time to fight in a tie game. Detroit already had the momentum from tying it up and then the crowd really got into it after the fight. Loved the Todd Bertuzziiiiiiii chants by the crowd after You are only supposed to drop them when your team is down 2-0, 3-0 etc to try and fire up your team and change momentum.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Yeah Phoenix picked a terrible time to fight in a tie game. Detroit already had the momentum from tying it up and then the crowd really got into it after the fight. Loved the Todd Bertuzziiiiiiii chants by the crowd after You are only supposed to drop them when your team is down 2-0, 3-0 etc to try and fire up your team and change momentum.
    Agreed! Klesla should know, but he has only been to the playoffs once with Columbus a few years ago so I guess it's just inexperience.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Weird, I was bouncing around between games and other stuff last night so missed that tilt entirely. Definitely a strange (if not foolish) move by PHX at that point. Experience pays hey-I wonder how Bert did in that one, he's been scrapping a fair bit this year for an old man. Cheers