forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

NHL Lock of the Year - Carolina over Tampa Bay

With the NY Rangers currently up 4-2 on New Jersey in the 3rd period, we'll assume they hang on and win. With that said, the Carolina Hurricanes can guarantee themselves a playoff spot with a win over the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight.

- Tampa has nothing to play for, will finish 5th regardless of the outcome
    - Carolina blew out Atlanta 6-1 last night in an identical must win game, they will come out with fire in this one
    - Cam Ward playing incredible
    - Hedman out for Tampa Bay, the rest of the regulars, if they even start, won't go hard to minimize chances of injuries since they have NOTHING to play for
    - Tampa Bay starting Mike Smith, 2.94 GAA, 0.895 SV%

STRAIGHT BET Apr 09 NHL [8] CAROLINA -165 1650.00 SBR / 1000.00 SBR 721492

Plus an additional $500 on Carolina ML at 1.57

Lock of the year!!!

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

LOL don't jinx us! But yeah obviously it's a perfect spot for the Canes again tonight. I'll be on them big again.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All of these people saying easy lock. Makes me want to throw a bit on the TB moneyline. I hate when a play has this much public support.

Petenana15
    Petenana15's Avatar Become A Pro!

TB ML will have some good value.. Not saying they are going to win tho..

GazGaz
    GazGaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ncsubowen View Post
    All of these people saying easy lock. Makes me want to throw a bit on the TB moneyline. I hate when a play has this much public support.
    why do you not want everyone to beat the bookies? i do. C'mon carolina

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Tampa is a lock boys In fact the lock of the century, decade and Millennium as well

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I'm on the Lightning ML, really good value the books giving here.

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Tampa is a lock boys In fact the lock of the century, decade and Millennium as well
    Tampa Dennis?

Petenana15

Quote Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post
    Tampa Dennis?

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by GazGaz View Post
    why do you not want everyone to beat the bookies? i do. C'mon carolina
    Cause it just doesn't happen. The books rarely lose money and in a B2B playing as high on emotion as Carolina has been I can easily see tonight as a letdown game. Ive already hedged for tonight just in case.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Your write up doesn't make much sense. Your right when you say the only regular out is Hedman but they have other defense man to cover that hole. Although Tampa cannot move up or down in the standings, what makes you think they still won't play hard against their divisional opponents? You don't think Tampa understands that if they beat Carolina tonight they knock them out? This game will be like a playoff game. Tampa will not just lay on their backs and let Carolina walk right over them. This is the final game for both teams and Tampa will want to continue playing with good habits and won't be taking this game off. Yes, its a must win game for Carolina but that doesn't mean that they'll win. Laying -190 up too -200 I see no value in at all. It won't be a walk in the park for Carolina and they'll need to earn the 2 points because Tampa, a division rival, will not be handing them their playoff ticket. Roloson will have the night off but Smith in his limited action this year has been decent. His numbers don't reflect that but his record does (12-6-1). Also, Smith played the exact same Carolina team in Carolina exactly 2 weeks ago and they won 4-2. Tampa were underdogs at +113 and now their +173. I'll take the value and run and watch Carolina fukk up their chances at the post-season.

Tampa Bay ML +174 for me. Although if I wait another hour or so I could get a little bit of a better price but I'm fine with +174.
    Last edited by D3 Mighty Ducks; 04-09-11 at 04:45 PM.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post
    Tampa Dennis?
    No trying the reverse jinx like I did last night

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    I'm on the Lightning ML, really good value the books giving here.
    It might be good value on a normal game during the regular season but not in this case....I wouldn't take TB at +200

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22632

Great spot for Canes but the puck isn't spherical and a bad bounce or two can change a game.
    Still think the Canes win.

GL

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stupid fuucks. Why do people have to use LOCKS these days? Doesn't make them any cooler by saying LOCK OF THE CENTURY!!1!111 vs big play on _____ tonight. Only thing it does is make them look like fuucktards when they lose. I'm going to bump this mother fuucking thread everyday for the next month if this kid loses.

FYI I'm on the maddafukkin Canes and whenever I see threads like this when I'm betting on the same side, doesn't usually end well for me hence why I am fuucking pissed.

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Guys I am sitting this one out...canes are horrible on b2b games...I know its important but tired is tired. Hope you all cash. BOL!

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

tampa pl is definately the play tonight....smith trying to prove himself, stamkos going for the richard trophy and st louis trying to go for scoring leader. plus, tampa needs the win to lock a playoff spot! gl tonight guys

boondoggle

Quote Originally Posted by mike-dub View Post
    tampa pl is definately the play tonight....smith trying to prove himself, stamkos going for the richard trophy and st louis trying to go for scoring leader. plus, tampa needs the win to lock a playoff spot! gl tonight guys
    Tampa is already locked in the playoffs...this game is meaningless to Tampa.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Tampa has clinched 5th already sir

Petenana15

Who gives a flying **** about previous stats... This is a playoff game for the canes at home, should be a wild environment. Tampa Bay arent playing for shit. Should be a good game.

mike-dub

did i overdo my sarcasm? sorry bout that! just trying to reverse the lock

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Tampa has clinched 5th already sir

DennisGreen
    Update your status

did i overdo my sarcasm? sorry bout that! just trying to reverse the lock
    Oh nice man. Thought you were dead serious there. Well played sir. Well played

boondoggle

Ward has been easy pickins against Tampa this year, and Mike Smith blanked canes just recently...I am going to throw a nice bet on Tampa just because +175 is to good to pass up.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Petenana15 View Post
    Who gives a flying **** about previous stats... This is a playoff game for the canes at home, should be a wild environment. Tampa Bay arent playing for shit. Should be a good game.
    Tampa is playing to win, not for shit. Should be a good game and wouldn't be surprised if this ends up in OT or a shootout.

Go stick to betting baseball where those guys give up after 2-3 runs down.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Just because a team needs to win to make the playoffs does not make it a lock.

Its a hockey game with lucky bounces.

Somehow teams that have nothing to play still win at a decent rate.

boondoggle

I think Tampa comes out fired up due to them wanting to knock the Canes out. The reason for this stems from Tampa owning the Rangers and they would prefer the Rangers get in instead of the Canes. Tampa won all 4 games vs the Rangers this year and if Tampa loses tonight to the Canes they will have split the season series 3-3.

I think Tampa comes out and plays for the win because they see Rangers as an easier path to the cup.

mike-dub

words of the wise...just look at colorado or ottawa. they havent had anything to play for in months, but they still pull of wins against teams they shouldnt be beating. only play money you can afford to lose and make plays you agree with

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Just because a team needs to win to make the playoffs does not make it a lock.

Its a hockey game with lucky bounces.

Somehow teams that have nothing to play still win at a decent rate.

Petenana15

Locked and loaded, lets get this shit!

mike-dub

only problem with this is that capitals will play rangers first if canes dont win

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    I think Tampa comes out fired up due to them wanting to knock the Canes out. The reason for this stems from Tampa owning the Rangers and they would prefer the Rangers get in instead of the Canes. Tampa won all 4 games vs the Rangers this year and if Tampa loses tonight to the Canes they will have split the season series 3-3.

I think Tampa comes out and plays for the win because they see Rangers as an easier path to the cup.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Tampa ML and Flyers PL parlayed together pays +466.

That'll be my hockey play for tonight.

Petenana15

Fools, game starts in a few.. lets let the action on the ice determine who is right or wrong here.

boondoggle

only problem with this is that capitals will play rangers first if canes dont win
    Tampa would prefer to have Rangers be one of the 8 playoff teams instead of Canes--in case they had to play them. BOL!

boondoggle

My big play is Tampa TT o2.5 -110. BOL!

Petenana15

4-3 carolina

Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Sorry guys, but Carolina playing at home for a playoff spot in the last game - it doesn't get any easier to motivate a team.

Tampa cannot do better than 5th win, lose or draw. They will not care about the outcome, but will want to make sure that they stay healthy for the playoffs.

Carolina will risk everything here. Not saying they definitely win, but I'll take them for sure in this type of matchup.

12 Last