gambler CK
    gambler CK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago Blackhawks +170??

Am I missing something here? How are they such big dogs against the blue jackets...

jonnyboy21
    jonnyboy21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1455

I was just about to make a thread. Wtf is going on here?

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Wow-I have no idea. Going to look further into it while I have time and get back any info.

gambler CK

Wow, I was expecting chicago to be around even, maybe even favored, i dont get it

gambler CK

Big jump already down to +145, I would expect it to keep falling..

gambler CK

And now the line isnt up anymore at 5D, wtf lol

jonnyboy21

Looks like one massive mistake and the books will correct the odds now, congrats to those who had the balls to blindly bet the Chicago line. My guess is that the line will be what we thought it should be when the books put it back up.

gambler CK

LOL and now they are at -200, looks like the books got it backwards, BIG MISTAKE on their part

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Figured it was like a type or whatever. Thought about going crazy big on CHI but how much would that bite to wind up losing a huge amount or find out something crazy happened to half the team. Cheers

jonnyboy21

Yep, they got it the completely wrong way round, that happens like once in a million years, congrats if you got on before they pulled the line lol

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

I like Columbus at +170 as well as Colorado at +230; looks like juicy price night in the NHL.

Vindicate
    Vindicate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy21 View Post
    Yep, they got it the completely wrong way round, that happens like once in a million years, congrats if you got on before they pulled the line lol
    they will just cancel your bet if the hawks win

jonnyboy21

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicate View Post
    I didn't get on myself in time buddy as I assumed there was something genuine behind the line, but no, if someone got chicago at the + money odds, the bet will stand.

Wiscsportsfan92
    Wiscsportsfan92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Truly odd glad I got on it early

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

doesn't matter if you got on it or not as most books will void the bet if it is a line mistake. 5dimes is notorious for doing this with line mistakes.

cutesauce
    cutesauce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

please let us know if you get paid

xkgb
    IN THREAD
    xkgb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

5 dimes are known to make this "mistake" on purpose....It is not the first time they did that, and if u happen to pick CHICAGO+170 and win, they will NULLIFY YOUR PLAY(saying you should have known it was a mistake)... But if u take Chicago@+170 and lose, the 5 dimes will take your money and just tell you: " you lucky u didnt have to lay $170... to win a $100"... I've seen this happen a multiple times, to different ppl. It's THE ONLY BOOK that does that, and gets away with it. REAL DIRTY if u ask me

xkgb
    IN THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    doesn't matter if you got on it or not as most books will void the bet if it is a line mistake. 5dimes is notorious for doing this with line mistakes.
    YEP, my point exactly....They want to lure your wager away from an obvious win, basically taking a game off the card if u win....But if u happen to lose? GOOD LUCK TRYING TO ARGUE THEN Ive read a few times, different guys talk about EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!And same result.....STIFFED

gambler CK

Quote Originally Posted by xkgb View Post
    5 dimes are known to make this "mistake" on purpose....It is not the first time they did that, and if u happen to pick CHICAGO+170 and win, they will NULLIFY YOUR PLAY(saying you should have known it was a mistake)... But if u take Chicago@+170 and lose, the 5 dimes will take your money and just tell you: " you lucky u didnt have to lay $170... to win a $100"... I've seen this happen a multiple times, to different ppl. It's THE ONLY BOOK that does that, and gets away with it. REAL DIRTY if u ask me
    whats wierd though is I saw that line on multiple books, not just 5D, though they were on of them

xkgb
    IN THREAD

which books? I only heard of 5 dimes having this practice untill now....Maybe other books realize there is profit to be made from purposely making that "mistake", because u can get away with it and go unpunished...Believe me, if it wasnt for a forums like this one, the majority of the gambling world would have stayed unaware of this practice. I think its good we bring this problem to life. Maybe we can prevent someone from falling into this trap next time it happens. Personally, i make a phone call when i see an obvious error and ask about it BEFORE i place my bets. lucky i saw a post discussing the outcome of a faulty bet like this one earlier this month on this forum....You should do a search