bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Already destroyed your ass with knowledge not much left I can do. Get your homework done pal, back to school tomorrow.
    Nothing left but senseless trash talk now? That sir is called getting owned. Go find a noobie to bash on...you might have a chance with that.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    Nothing left but senseless trash talk now? That sir is called getting owned. Go find a noobie to bash on...you might have a chance with that.
    Spring breaks over get off Mommy and Daddys keyboard and enjoy your last day before school starts up again tomorrow. Work hard for the honor roll and I'll give you $50 on any book you like.

leafsfan19
    leafsfan19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 599

well I dont know how you can call the wings fluff, 21 straight seasons in the playoffs, 4 cups in the past 14 years....inlcuding most recently 2 straight trips to the finals in 08 and 09, and they never have goaltending when they win (minus Vernon). Just because they don't fight doesn't mean they don't get it done

leafsfan19

well I won't say never have goaltending. Osgood tends to go on heaters at the right time....but we'll see how Howard does this year

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Wings usually do it without solid goaltending so for sure they are always a threat. Lidstrom and Rafalski are really showing their age though and if they end up playing a hard working team like Nashville I think they're gonna be gone quick.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

I have followed Vancouver for ever and this is the best team yet.
    Bitch slapped by Chicago last year helped alot.
    It's all about Loogie. If he horks a few like in the past the Nucks are in trouble.
    The last few months he has not let in many bad goals(his M.O. of seasons past) I am not a Loogie
    fan but he looks very sharp of late.
    They will be playing in June.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Crappy division. Only 11-11 vs top 10 teams.

Not really impressive. If they win the cup, yes but they won't.

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

if the playoffs were to start today, and we did face chicago, its not a big deal. canucks are by far better than they have been in recent years, and chicago is not the same chicago weve faced.
    no bif-ugly-ien, no niemi... but it doesnt matter to me bcz i have a feeling we'll be facing dallas anyways
    schneider's been steller in the games he's played in, but he lacks the post season experience luongo has. luongo should start everygame this playoffs, but i wouldnt be surprised if schneider got some ice time, say canucks are up 5-1 with a period left or something, i think AV would be wise to put schneider in not just for the experience, but to potentially raise his market value.
    also take a look at the first round of lastyears playoffs, how many pp goals in a row did we let in against the kings? right now we're just .2% out of being best in the league in pk.
    i know playoffs is completely different hockey, but its just as different for any other team as it is for the canucks. i dont think anybodys come out and said it yet besides, uggh...theo fluery..., but to say canucks dont have a chance is pretty naive. because all the stats are in their favour. and in the world of sports betting, do you use hunches, or stats to pick a winner?
    here's to a philly-Vancouver final!

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

bobbyk at an avs/flyers game in philly would be pure, unadulterated entertainment. like 10k+ alleycats that just found a rat in the street....help you back on the plane, mr. wannabe goalie for the avs yet you live in BC and are not at all happy about it?
    man, chit talkers like you are a dime a dozen this time of year

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

Quote Originally Posted by mike-dub View Post
    if the playoffs were to start today, and we did face chicago, its not a big deal. canucks are by far better than they have been in recent years, and chicago is not the same chicago weve faced.
    no bif-ugly-ien, no niemi... but it doesnt matter to me bcz i have a feeling we'll be facing dallas anyways
    schneider's been steller in the games he's played in, but he lacks the post season experience luongo has. luongo should start everygame this playoffs, but i wouldnt be surprised if schneider got some ice time, say canucks are up 5-1 with a period left or something, i think AV would be wise to put schneider in not just for the experience, but to potentially raise his market value.
    also take a look at the first round of lastyears playoffs, how many pp goals in a row did we let in against the kings? right now we're just .2% out of being best in the league in pk.
    i know playoffs is completely different hockey, but its just as different for any other team as it is for the canucks. i dont think anybodys come out and said it yet besides, uggh...theo fluery..., but to say canucks dont have a chance is pretty naive. because all the stats are in their favour. and in the world of sports betting, do you use hunches, or stats to pick a winner?

i am thinking Vancouver - Washington Final myself

cecil127

ew, there might be a problem there. those is my 2 favs.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Comes down to Luongo. A split in the first 2 games and you'll see the fanboys turn on Roberto in no time.

mike-dub

so true... but those arent real fans, those are typical bandwagon hoppers who never cared for a hockey team until somebody tells them theyre favoured to win the cup.then suddenly its as if they've been diehard fans their whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Comes down to Luongo. A split in the first 2 games and you'll see the fanboys turn on Roberto in no time.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    bobbyk at an avs/flyers game in philly would be pure, unadulterated entertainment. like 10k+ alleycats that just found a rat in the street....help you back on the plane, mr. wannabe goalie for the avs yet you live in BC and are not at all happy about it? man, chit talkers like you are a dime a dozen this time of year
    I'm also an PHI Eagles fan. spose u got a problem with that too. If anyone can identify with the suffering the nucks have been thru...it's Eagles fans.

cecil127

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    I'm also an PHI Eagles fan. spose u got a problem with that too. If anyone can identify with the suffering the nucks have been thru...it's Eagles fans.
    never, ever routed for the eagles in my life......not even for jaws in the stickum bowl.
    not much of a football fan but if i have to ill route for the seachickens.
    and yes, i wore my galloway jersey and all for the 2 blowouts i attended in philly the past few years.
    they're all bark down there at the linc.
    wells fargo/citizens bank on the other hand...

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

You will see a different Vancouver team once the playoffs start.....

Just like last year....when the Black Hawks sent them packing....

Just like when the Minnesota Wild beat off their hockey pants off a few years back....

Ya gotta understand the Canucks and the Red Wings have the
    BIG C written ALL over them.....

For Vancouver.....their BIG C is .....CHOKE....

For Detroit.....their BIG C is the CUP.....

Its not gonna change this year either.....

Luongo is sooooo overrated.....Sedins have always fallen down in postseason.....

And lastly......the Canucks would be going against the mojo of Mike Babcock....nuff said..

Biggest thing going against Vancouver.....is ALL their past disappointments in the playoffs...

Just ask San Jose if that doesnt effect post season play....

The fact is though......Vancouver wont even get the chance to have Detroit hand them their asses.....

Canucks wont make it past the second round.....if they even make it that far....

I would be surprised if GM Place hasnt already starting booking rodeos for the first 2 weeks of May...

.......................just sayin...................

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by JW Cash View Post
    You will see a different Vancouver team once the playoffs start..... Just like last year....when the Black Hawks sent them packing.... Just like when the Minnesota Wild beat off their hockey pants off a few years back.... Ya gotta understand the Canucks and the Red Wings have the BIG C written ALL over them..... For Vancouver.....their BIG C is .....CHOKE.... For Detroit.....their BIG C is the CUP..... Its not gonna change this year either..... Luongo is sooooo overrated.....Sedins have always fallen down in postseason..... And lastly......the Canucks would be going against the mojo of Mike Babcock....nuff said... Biggest thing going against Vancouver.....is ALL their past disappointments in the playoffs... Just ask San Jose if that doesnt effect post season play.... The fact is though......Vancouver wont even get the chance to have Detroit hand them their asses..... Canucks wont make it past the second round.....if they even make it that far.... I would be surprised if GM Place hasnt already starting booking rodeos for the first 2 weeks of May... .......................just sayin...................
    So much FAIL in this post I don't know where to start. Take off the rose colored glasses pal this is a new year and a new team. Try actually watching some games this year, take notes, this is how a team dominates from start to finish.

DwightShrute

You will see a different Vancouver team once the playoffs start.....

Just like last year....when the Black Hawks sent them packing....

Just like when the Minnesota Wild beat off their hockey pants off a few years back....

Ya gotta understand the Canucks and the Red Wings have the
    BIG C written ALL over them.....

For Vancouver.....their BIG C is .....CHOKE....

For Detroit.....their BIG C is the CUP.....

Its not gonna change this year either.....

Luongo is sooooo overrated.....Sedins have always fallen down in postseason.....

And lastly......the Canucks would be going against the mojo of Mike Babcock....nuff said..

Biggest thing going against Vancouver.....is ALL their past disappointments in the playoffs...

Just ask San Jose if that doesnt effect post season play....

The fact is though......Vancouver wont even get the chance to have Detroit hand them their asses.....

Canucks wont make it past the second round.....if they even make it that far....

I would be surprised if GM Place hasnt already starting booking rodeos for the first 2 weeks of May...

.......................just sayin...................
    this is what happens when you post while drunk

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    this is what happens when you post while drunk
    Guys not even drunk that's the sad thing. He's the most delusional poster on the site, you can tell with the girly pink font, the overuse of ............. and horrible sentence structure. He's a bitter Minnesota Wild fan who jumped off the bandwagon and onto the Caps. Every post he makes is useless.

xkgb
    IN THREAD
    xkgb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

so wat u guys are saying the Wings win it all this year?

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by xkgb View Post
    so wat u guys are saying the Wings win it all this year?
    In my opinion it's gonna be VAN vs either PHI or BOS.

xkgb
    IN THREAD
    xkgb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

In my opinion it's gonna be VAN vs either PHI or BOS.
    Like boston to go far as well, depending on whether or not Pitt gets crosby and/or malkin back for playoff run....On the west side im thinking vancouver/wings and for underdogs: flames/nashville to surprise a few ppl.....Was just trying to make a joke with my red wings statement....i guess im not funny today..lol

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by xkgb View Post
    Like boston to go far as well, depending on whether or not Pitt gets crosby and/or malkin back for playoff run....On the west side im thinking vancouver/wings and for underdogs: flames/nashville to surprise a few ppl.....Was just trying to make a joke with my red wings statement....i guess im not funny today..lol
    Oh It's hard to tell sometimes on here. Yeah PHI was my pre-season favorite but I really like the B's now to come out of the East this year. They are just solid all around similar to the Canucks. I don't think the Flames will make it and if they do I'll be happy my Nucks will be facing them. The Ducks will be a good sleeper if they make it and Buffalo is hot in the East so those are prob my two sleepers.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

I think they are vulnerable despite the numbers up top, we ll see

leafsfan19

playing differently or not, we will see what happens in the playoffs. Its in the Canucks hands now....

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by leafsfan19 View Post
    playing differently or not, we will see what happens in the playoffs. Its in the Canucks hands now....
    Yes we will. Wish the playoffs would start already so my Nucks can finally prove everyone wrong and shut up the haters and doubters

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Canucks clinch the #1 seed in the West. 51st win of the year and 9th straight road win. Hi hatersssssssssssss

DwightShrute

Canucks clinch the #1 seed in the West. 51st win of the year and 9th straight road win. Hi hatersssssssssssss
    duhh WINNING!

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Win over NSV was impressive. Significant injuries and really only pride, etc as reason to get the W on the road and they come through. I was a VAN hater (more laugher though correctly) from way back but I have to respect everything they've done this year. People that stir up hypotheses for their playoff troubles and hark back to the past simply aren't being objective.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    Win over NSV was impressive. Significant injuries and really only pride, etc as reason to get the W on the road and they come through. I was a VAN hater (more laugher though correctly) from way back but I have to respect everything they've done this year. People that stir up hypotheses for their playoff troubles and hark back to the past simply aren't being objective.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

If the Canucks lose to Chicago again I'll probably never watch a Canucks game ever again.

Do I think the Canucks will win the cup? They should with the talent they have...but it will be tough. How about get past the 2nd round...major riots down Robson street if the Canucks don`t win it all.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will be implementing my 100% " cant lose " Special Vancouver Canook Betting Strategy when the playoffs start...

I cant wait.....

DennisGreen
    Update your status

I will be implementing my 100% " cant lose " Special Vancouver Canook Betting Strategy when the playoffs start... I cant wait.....
    How about those Minnesota Wild? Lost like what 11 straight? Your home state team is being embarassed badly the last month or so. And your bandwagon team the Caps lost last night too

Fade the Canucks you will lose every cent you own, try it pal. Also no need for the underlining you plug, go back to grammar school and learn proper sentence structure

mike-dub

canucks are breaking all kinds of franchise records, leading the league in almost every category as a team and individual players. while detroit is a consistent team, they by no means dominate anything. if anything, sharks would be the other team in the west to pose a chance, but we'll wait until after first round to see if sharks or redwings still in it

ochenta y cinco
    ochenta y cinco's Avatar Become A Pro!

What the Canucks have accomplished this season is nothing short of oustanding. They've been head and shoulders above the 29 other teams in regular season play.

However, in a best-of-7 series, you never know what can happen. Clearly the Nucks have really good depth at every position, but with the loss of Alex Edler and Dan Hamhuis (how long will he be sidelined anyway?), they're without two great all-around dmen. Now, Ehrhoff-Ballard-Bieksa-Salo is still a very solid top-4, but it's not a dominant defensive squad without those two guys. To me, guys like Rome, Alberts and Tanev are journeymen...

I could see them struggle defensively if they happen to face a strong offensive team like the Hawks, the Wings or the Sharks in their quest for a SC Final appearance.
    Last edited by ochenta y cinco; 03-30-11 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling

First 123 Last