betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santauro View Post
    good luck you will need it.

every year, detroit gets close to 110 pts and they barely show a profit in gambling.. you lay -280 alot and sometimes even -340 at home.. you will have to win close to 75% to show a very small profit.. and don't forget, DET is a very big market team, and the bettors all love to bet DET.. which will make the books make DET even a higher price for the public, since they are a big public team.. betting detroit this is for squares only who dont mind laying -320 at home and -200 on the road.. DET is a sucker bet.. if god forbid this team this year only gets 97 pts.. you will be broke. especially now that they are stanley cup champs, their prices will be even higher for the public.

beware..
    Nicky, I was saying exactly what you did, only I used less words.

I'm fading Detroit after game 1 when they clobber the Leafs.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I will fade each and every team that plays them. Detroit loses 20 or so out of 82, I win roughly 75%.
    You have no shot at profiting long term doing that Deuce, and you know that. Being a fan is one thing, but I would never bet the Penguins every game, it would be absolutely asinine to bet any team for the year.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I was kidding guys. Too much juice.

element1286

Certainly he is not on the Kings and he is a top 10 goalie for sure. Conklin only assures Osgood doesn't play every game. Both at least average goalies, in which that is all they need because they dominate every where else.
    Top 10 goalie?? No fukkin way, more like top 25.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    Top 10 goalie?? No fukkin way, more like top 25.
    He sure looked that way against Pitt.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

conklin didn't see one minute of playoff time last year for pittsburgh. he was marc andre fleury's backup throughout the end of the season and playoffs..

element1286

He sure looked that way against Pitt.
    Detroit plays the best as a team in the NHL, it was not Osgood, it was the defense keeping all the shots to the outside, and the offense keeping the puck in the other end the entire game.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    Detroit plays the best as a team in the NHL, it was not Osgood, it was the defense keeping all the shots to the outside, and the offense keeping the puck in the other end the entire game.
    I agree, completely.

The question is can they duplicate last years domination?

I say no. Recent history is on my side.

element1286

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    I agree, completely.

The question is can they duplicate last years domination?

I say no. Recent history is on my side.
    I agree, not saying they can't win the Cup again, but that was a very special team that had a very special season.

Nicky Santoro

patrick roy in juniors had gaa of close to 5 every year, cause he had no defense. when he came to habs in 86, he had green, ludwig.. etc.. clearing players out of the crease and clearing puck right after shot.. no rebounds ever. his gaa was around 2 with habs..when you've got lousy D's not clearing rebounds, that's how you allow a lot of goals. if you've got big stay home defencemen who are good, no matter who you are, you will have a GAA around 2.. the D plays a key role. even a crappy goalie can have a gaa of 2 with a good defensive team.. and put a great goalie with a shit defensive team and his gaa will be around 3..

betplom
    maniac

patrick roy in juniors had gaa of close to 5 every year, cause he had no defense. when he came to habs in 86, he had green, ludwig.. etc.. clearing players out of the crease and clearing puck right after shot.. no rebounds ever. his gaa was around 2 with habs..when you've got lousy D's not clearing rebounds, that's how you allow a lot of goals. if you've got big stay home defencemen who are good, no matter who you are, you will have a GAA around 2.. the D plays a key role. even a crappy goalie can have a gaa of 2 with a good defensive team.. and put a great goalie with a shit defensive team and his gaa will be around 3..
    Again, I agree, as I said the same thing about Osgood, he'd be shell shocked on a team like the Kings or Thrashers.

Detroit makes him look better than he is, when he was young ,he was solid.

Should Detroit NOT dominate the way they did last year, Osgood will clearly be exposed as the weakest link.

Personally, I don't think Dryden was as good as was made out to be, he had a great team in front of him, made things much easier.

betbetter
    betbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!

profit aside, gun to your head you have to say they'll come out of the west again.
    puck support game they play is unmatched.
    osgood does'nt let in the bad goals which is all they need.
    Datsyuk
    Zetterberg
    Samuelsson
    Holmstrom
    Franzen
    Kris Draper
    Downey
    Cleary
    Maltby
    and now Hossa? what role player don't they have?
    a puck moving D that hit's too?
    I'm no fan of all the euro's, but if any team is to repeat in the new NHL this year is ripe for Det.these guys bring it.

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    Personally, I don't think Dryden was as good as was made out to be, he had a great team in front of him, made things much easier.

dryden was the worse goalie in NHL history.. have you ever seen how uncoordinated he looked? he was horrible.. the only reason he was good was because of the big 3.. Robinson, Lapointe and Savard.. the 3 best defencemen of the habs 70's.. they made every shot easy for dryden.. they'd cut his angles to nearly zero, they'd clear any rebound.. no one got near the crease. If dryden played for the california golden seals, or the cleveland barons or atlanta flames, his GAA would have been 5.46 instead of 2.04..

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Jimmy Howard is up and coming.

betbetter
    betbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!

G W L T Min GAA SA SO GAA SV PCT
    NHL 664 363 195 15 38020 1539 16562 47 2.43 .907

and a few cups and conn smythe to boot.

can knock him, but you don't put up those numbers at the toughest position to play in the best league in the world without being an elite goalie, regardless who's playing in front of you.
    its the NHL not the Wha.
    Osgood will go to the hall.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    Hockey is my favorite sport!
    no doubt!!!

good work putting this list together Vic.
    Of the top of my head-- Nashville, Buffalo, Toronto-- should be considered.

Detroit 5-1 seems good. Very likely to go into playoffs as a high seed again, and be hedge worthy early.

has anyone calculated the vig on given list?

betplom
    maniac

dryden was the worse goalie in NHL history.. have you ever seen how uncoordinated he looked? he was horrible.. the only reason he was good was because of the big 3.. Robinson, Lapointe and Savard.. the 3 best defencemen of the habs 70's.. they made every shot easy for dryden.. they'd cut his angles to nearly zero, they'd clear any rebound.. no one got near the crease. If dryden played for the california golden seals, or the cleveland barons or atlanta flames, his GAA would have been 5.46 instead of 2.04..
    Santauro, you my friend likely have the greatest hockey intelligence EVER for someone from California. (Not as passionate as a Canadian though.)

Now back to all those thinking Detroit may repeat, they may, but I'd bet against it. Yes, they were good last season, but it all starts fresh again this season, do they have the WILL to compete at last seasons level and intensity? I doubt it.

My hockey intelligence leads me to believe Detroit won't make the final four this season, last year took alot of guts/heart/emotion, very difficult to duplicate.

Arguing about it is futile, the proof will be here soon enough.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nicky is a sports gambler. He's gotto know something about everything.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Hasek retired and they have Conklin. What else do you want?
    Toskala!!!

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by reno cool View Post
    Nicky is a sports gambler. He's gotto know something about everything.

that's right, reno.. you know it..

plommer, i keep telling you man.. hockey is huuuuuuuuuuuge here in east LA.. they go nuts for it. they especially love the habs. last week, habs jerseys went on sale here and in 15 min, 25,000 jerseys were sold, and for 125 apiece. they had to order a new shipment.. the mexicans were mad, especially the ones that waited all night for 9 hrs and then didn't get one.. some camped out for 4 days just to be the 1st to get one.. alot of angry mexicans here.

that's all they talk about here in east la, is opening day in NHL for the habs.. they absolutely love their hockey here.. hockey here is 233x bigger in east la, than soccer is in brazil.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Allan Bester > Ken Dryden

PuckOff

plommer, i keep telling you man.. hockey is huuuuuuuuuuuge here in east LA.. they go nuts for it. they especially love the habs. last week, habs jerseys went on sale here and in 15 min, 25,000 jerseys were sold, and for 125 apiece. they had to order a new shipment.. the mexicans were mad, especially the ones that waited all night for 9 hrs and then didn't get one.. some camped out for 4 days just to be the 1st to get one.. alot of angry mexicans here.

that's all they talk about here in east la, is opening day in NHL for the habs.. they absolutely love their hockey here.. hockey here is 233x bigger in east la, than soccer is in brazil.
    Get off the CRACK Nicky.

BTW
    I will be in Montreal on Oct 13th for a week. Let's hook up for a few drinks.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nicky does not hook-up for drinks...

Nicky Santoro

pucker,

i'll be in east LA.. come by... we'll have a burrito, a quesedilla, and a taco on me.. they have some amazing mexican restaurants here.

VegasVic
    VegasVic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

Quote Originally Posted by reno cool View Post

has anyone calculated the vig on given list?
    I thought about doing that as well. The days when any one book would give such generous odds are long gone.

VegasVic

lol...sir senior

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

TAMPA BAY @ 45-1 appears to have lucrative potential.

Look for a bounce back after last years dismall season.

VegasVic

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    TAMPA BAY @ 45-1 appears to have lucrative potential.

Look for a bounce back after last years dismall season.
    still missing a blueline and Vinny's shoulder is a concern.

(however I did drink the kool-aid and grabbed them at 50/1 a month ago)

PuckOff

pucker,

i'll be in east LA.. come by... we'll have a burrito, a quesedilla, and a taco on me.. they have some amazing mexican restaurants here.
    I will actually be in Vegas the first week in Nov. Let's meet up.

Mexican food give me the shits and heartburn. Not sure which is worse.

Nicky, can you get 1 piece composites for a good price in East L.A.? I play in the East Coast Canadian Goon League (ECCGL) and am thinking about switching from wooden to composite. Let me know.

Johnny McCoy
    Johnny McCoy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will fade each and every team that plays them. Detroit loses 20 or so out of 82, I win roughly 75%.
    I did that last season and put all the profits into Detroit for the Cup. It was a good season for me.

I've already got a little down on them for the Cup again this year.

Lippsman
    Lippsman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 429

good luck you will need it.

every year, detroit gets close to 110 pts and they barely show a profit in gambling.. you lay -280 alot and sometimes even -340 at home.. you will have to win close to 75% to show a very small profit.. and don't forget, DET is a very big market team, and the bettors all love to bet DET.. which will make the books make DET even a higher price for the public, since they are a big public team.. betting detroit this is for squares only who dont mind laying -320 at home and -200 on the road.. DET is a sucker bet.. if god forbid this team this year only gets 97 pts.. you will take a beating. especially now that they are stanley cup champs, their prices will be even higher for the public.

beware..
    That's why you play the -1 and in certain spots play -1.5 lines. Although you can't do it blind, you still have to pick your spots.

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    Nicky, can you get 1 piece composites for a good price in East L.A.? I play in the East Coast Canadian Goon League (ECCGL) and am thinking about switching from wooden to composite. Let me know.
    pucker, what the hell language is that? i swear, i read this 6x and i still dont understand it.. what are you saying here? is that even english. i have no idea what you just said here, sorry.. i didn't understand one freakin word.. sorry man, maybe it's just me..

Lippsman
    Lippsman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 429

pucker, what the hell language is that? i swear, i read this 6x and i still dont understand it.. what are you saying here? is that even english. i have no idea what you just said here, sorry.. i didn't understand one freakin word.. sorry man, maybe it's just me..
    He's talking about hockey sticks.

PuckOff

Of course it's English Nicky!!!

What I am asking is can you get 1 piece composites for a good price in East L.A.? There's no reason to read it 6X. If you do not understand what I asked you then you do not understand hockey period.

I am shocked Nicky. You just let me down big time.

PuckOff

Nicky,

I am really shocked Pal. You basically ruined my day. Way to go Champ!!!

First 123 Last