SportsGeek-com
    SportsGeek-com's Avatar Become A Pro!

SportsGeek - Daily Fantasy Sports - SBRForum Intro

Hello SBRForum!

SportsGeek is happy to announce a partnership with SBRForum! SportsGeek.com is a Daily Fantasy Sports site dedicated to delivering the most exciting Fantasy Sports Challenges for our customers. We developed our games around a Poker SnG, H2H and MTT format. Our longterm focus will be on large fields with large payouts to the top end of the spectrum, just like a MTT. We see no reason why on a given Sunday in the Fall that SportsGeek doesn't have a $11 Entry with 10,000+ entrants. Last Fall our biggest contest had 500+ entrants and each week an $11 entrant would walk away with $1,000+. We also allow multiple entries into all our challenges, so for the skilled player this will cut down on variance and will separate the sharks from the fish.

We currently offer a $109, $55, $11 and $2 Challenges. We will offer larger buyin's as demand dictates and we'll offer more variety in our smaller levels too. Basically what the users want, we'll try to make happen. During the NFL we gave away $316,000 and our largest winner was awarded over $28,000 during the Fall. We currently offer NBA and NFL but we will be expanding to Golf, MLB, Poker and Nascar soon. I think you'll like our live scoring as you can watch your team(s) climb the leaderboard as it happens.

For SBRForums we are offering a special of a 25% initial deposit match. Enter "SBR" as the promo code when starting a new account.

Also, check out our "NCAA Bracket Challenge" on SBR's contest page to win a share of the $500 in prizes.

Feel free to reply with questions, comments, suggestions or concerns and I'll try to answer them.

For years gamers have made money off their sportbetting ability, its now time for gamers to make money of their Fantasy ability too.

Good Luck,
    Garrett Gross
    VP Sales/Marketing
    SportsGeek
    Last edited by Bill Dozer; 03-08-11 at 10:38 AM. Reason: fixed link

SportsGeek-com

Also check out this review from Gaming Today's Micah Roberts.

http://www.gamingtoday.com/articles/...tsGeek_so_cool

For instance, last week I played two daily NBA Challenges where I pick a roster of two guards, two forwards, a center and three flex players based on a salary cap.
    One Challenge was $22 with a limit of six people, where the team with the top score gets $80 and the second best squad gets $40. SportsGeek.com simply makes its money by taking the 10% juice, or rake. I didn’t win, but I had a great time – better than my regular NBA fantasy team, just watching the actual players play their games that night.

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

when u gonna add tennis?

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting!

SportsGeek-com

@ Noober, Yes this is in our plans too. Ideally, by early Summer but no definative timetable is set. Right now our focus is launching the best Baseball game we can produce, then Golf/Nascar, WSOP and then Tennis after that. The more we read about the market potential of Tennis and how the seeding perfectly fits our Salary Cap structure, we have decided to include Tennis in our plans.

Thanks

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

One suggestion for baseball--set the salary cap at a reasonable amount. I hate these leagues where you can get the top player at every position except 1, and you get like the 10th at that position. Make it where if someone wants Pujols, they have to take a hit at 3-4 other positions.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad to see you aboard. I have signed up and am looking forward to trying out the site. GL -

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

No good for me only for us/candian players

SportsGeek-com

@ TWEETS, Evidentally you've been sitting in on some of our production meetings with our programmers. The key to being successful on our site is "....skill in finding value players." The question we ask ourselves is "What skill does it take to pick Pujols, Hanley, Mauer, Longoria and Utley all on the same team?" We feel none.....We want the true skilled player to show that he/she is better in the long run. By making the Cap somewhat restrictive will enable this to occur and we are planning on doing just that.

Thanks,
    Garrett

SportsGeek-com

@ Shaunover - Give us a week or two and we'll try to have International users allowed to sign up. Sorry about the little roadblock for you, but we'll get it figured out.

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Could you talk to us about your cash out process along with any fees, methods, and timeframes available.

Currently I play at a competitor and they have excellent payout times but being that you are partnered with SBR I'd like to give you a spin this mlb season.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

This is legal in the United State correct?

SportsGeek-com

@Ryan-Our withdrawal process is pretty simple and quick. Currently, the default method is check by mail which gets processed within 2 days and in the mail the next. Total turnaround time for the check to reach you is generally between 3 days and a week. PayPal is also an option but isn't advertised on our site yet. We've been doing PayPal withdrawals on a request basis through our customer service email. It should be up as an option to select within a month.

@ Freefall, you bet buddy. SportsGeek is 100% legal and fully UIGEA compliant in the US. There are 4 states where SG falls into some gray area so we don't allow players from IA, VT, LA and AZ. Other than that fire away. The UIGEA-Safe Port Act of 2006 specifically made online poker illegal in the US carried a "Fantasy Sports Exemption" and that is what makes SG legal as we follow that to a tee.

dbldbl1212
    dbldbl1212's Avatar Become A Pro!

sportsgeek,

are you ever going to make the injury status update daily?

It is very irritating needing to check espn whether or not the player is actually injured or not.

SportsGeek-com

@Db - Absolutely, this is something we are aware of and its an understandable issue of concern. We don't want to make people leave SG to double check this. We actually just hired a new programming company because we weren't happy with issues like this not being taken care of by our prior programmers. Please have patience with this, we hope to have it fixed within a week or so.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Become a pro pal

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

The recruiters account name that you have entered is invalid. If you do not know the correct account name please leave the Recruiters Name space blank. After you finish registration, you can contact support@sportsgeek.com to add your recruiter and receive your bonus.

LUCKYCHUCK
    LUCKYCHUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29057

i have joined. looking forward to playing.

SportsGeek-com

@bobbyfk - If the username of the person that told you about the site isn't spelled exactly correct the system isn't able to recognize it. If this happens we just want people to email support with the person's name so that they are credited with any appropriate bonuses. If there wasn't a person who recruited the new user then this can just be left blank during the registration process.

legendmatt34
    legendmatt34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Sounds good~!

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by SportsGeek-com View Post
    @bobbyfk - If the username of the person that told you about the site isn't spelled exactly correct the system isn't able to recognize it. If this happens we just want people to email support with the person's name so that they are credited with any appropriate bonuses. If there wasn't a person who recruited the new user then this can just be left blank during the registration process.
    email sent

thank you

sportsfun
    sportsfun's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5163

nice new concept. Will definitely check it out.

pennsylvania209
    pennsylvania209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Thanks for doing this.

saintjames
    saintjames's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wish u guys the best of luck with college&pro hockey&hoops upcoming...

SportsGeek-com

Thanks buddy, if there's a market for it we'll try to bring it to you guys.

dbldbl1212
    dbldbl1212's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice to hear although i lost all my money last night

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

This is perfect.

Love fantasy but have trouble keeping up for a season.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Love the site. will be deposting there soon

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Deposited small amount last night and trying out a small contest today... pretty good so far your updates are pretty sluggish though

Degenerate
    Degenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

Where can I find the terms & conditions for the deposit bonus?

SBRtv Judie
    SBRtv Judie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Hey guys,
    I'm doing an interview with Sportsgeek.com- possibly today. Are there any questions that you'd like me to include?
    Cheers
    Jude

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Quote Originally Posted by SBR.tv Judie View Post
    Hey guys, I'm doing an interview with Sportsgeek.com- possibly today. Are there any questions that you'd like me to include? Cheers Jude
    I wanted to know if they will be venturing into other sports like Hockey and Tennis. They Seem pretty limited on what they are offering as far as sports.

And if they will be adding other withdrawal methods. I deposited with PayPal and it would be convenient if that was a way to get my money out as well.
    Points Awarded:

SBR.tv Judie gave Full Time Hobo 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by SBR.tv Judie View Post
    Hey guys, I'm doing an interview with Sportsgeek.com- possibly today. Are there any questions that you'd like me to include? Cheers Jude
    Ya i'd like to know the details of depositing/withdrawing more. Seems new and i've never seen paypal as deposit/withdrawal so i'd like this talked about. Not sure if theres another site like this so i'd like to hear them talk about what they expect in the near future with their site with sbr.
    Points Awarded:

bobbyfk gave B1GER1C828 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SportsGeek-com

@ B1GER - First things first, you have a fantastic avatar. I love beautiful, one-armed, latin women and she is perfect!!!

As for your questions, the biggest thing we need to do is educate the public that Gaming on Daily Fantasy Sports is 100% legal in the US and is fully covered under the UIGEA of 2006. There are a few little guidelines we need to follow and we make sure to. As for your deposit/withdrawl question. We fully accept Paypal, VC/** and E-checks. We prefer Paypal and we can pay back via Paypal or we can cut a check too. Our goal is to have our member's money to them within 10 business days. We have been averaging 5 days thus far.

We will be launching MLB in a few weeks and we are also going to redo our home page to make it easier to navigate. In the NFL this season we awarded over $316,000 and fully expect to award more than that during the baseball season. As for our relationship with SBR, we feel it is win/win as they are helping us educate a targeted audience and we look forward to working with them for a long time. Look for our $1,000 MLB Season Prediction Contest to be posted any day (Division winners, Pennants, WS Champ, MVP's, Cy Young's etc....)

I see you are a poker player, look for our WSOP fantasy game in June and look for our full page ad in Bluff Magazine in April.

Good Luck and feel free to throw out any other questions, comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
    Garrett
    Last edited by SportsGeek-com; 03-12-11 at 08:43 PM. Reason: spelling

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by SportsGeek-com View Post
    @ B1GER - First things first, you have a fantastic avatar. I love beautiful, one-armed, latin women and she is perfect!!! As for your questions, the biggest thing we need to do is educate the public that Gaming on Daily Fantasy Sports is 100% legal in the US and is fully covered under the UIGEA of 2006. There are a few little guidelines we need to follow and we make sure to. As for your deposit/withdrawl question. We fully accept Paypal, VC/** and E-checks. We prefer Paypal and we can pay back via Paypal or we can cut a check too. Our goal is to have our member's money to them within 10 business days. We have been averaging 5 days thus far. We will be launching MLB in a few weeks and we are also going to redo our home page to make it easier to navigate. In the NFL this season we awarded over $316,000 and fully expect to award more than that during the baseball season. As for our relationship with SBR, we feel it is win/win as they are helping us educate a targeted audience and we look forward to working with them for a long time. Look for our $1,000 MLB Season Prediction Contest to be posted any day (Division winners, Pennants, WS Champ, MVP's, Cy Young's etc....) I see you are a poker player, look for our WSOP fantasy game in June and look for our full page ad in Bluff Magazine in April. Good Luck and feel free to throw out any other questions, comments and suggestions. Thanks, Garrett
    You had me at hello.

Another 2 questions because i do want to give this site a go in the near future.

1: What documents need to be sent in? Standard ID and such? I'd probably deposit paypal as i got money sitting in there anyway.
    2: i got 10 dollars "pending", is this just a bonus thats released when i deposit?

12 Last