BetDSI
    BetDSI's Avatar Become A Pro!

BetDSI Bowl Contest: $10,000+ in prizes

This year BetDSI is putting up a Guaranteed $10,000 prize-pool for a Confidence Style Pick'em Contest.

For every 100 eligible players over 100 we will be adding another $5,000 to the prize pool! So if there are 500 eligible players then the prize pool will reach a whopping $30,000!

$10,000 prize-pool: Eligibility requirements
    To qualify for your share of the prize-pool, players without accounts must open one here. To be eligible to win a cash prize all players must have made a single $100 deposit within the 30 days before January 1st, 2011 or maintain a $100+ balance throughout the contest.

$1,000 Free Play Prize Pool
    To qualify for your share of the free play prize pool all you have to do is have a valid BetDSI.com account to qualify.

How to play:
    After creating your DSI account, go to the Contest Page and Register by clicking join. You may use your DSI account # next to "GameID", or you may pick a custom username. This name will appear in the contest standings.

Read the Contest Rules.
    Last edited by BetDSI; 12-20-10 at 10:28 AM.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

"All players must have made a $100 deposit in the last 30 days from the time of this post. Deposits cannot be made after a prize is guaranteed."

So that means even if I were to deposit $100 today, I would still only qualify for the FP prize pool? Or am I reading this wrong?

EDIT - Or does that mean you simply cannot deposit after you've been guaranteed to cash in the tournament?

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

do we have to register for that contest i try to use my dsi id and password doesnt work?

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it

"All players must deposit $100 by 1/1/2011 to be prize-eligible. Players who have already deposited (up to 30 days) prior to joining the contest do not need to redeposit."

I'm interpreting this as any deposit made after 12/1 would qualify me for prizes.

The lady on live chat seems to think a deposit has to be after 12/26.

In my opinion that would make no sense, so I am going to go ahead with my deposit and someone will take care of me if I am not entered in to the contest.

BetDSI

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgood5 View Post
    "All players must deposit $100 by 1/1/2011 to be prize-eligible. Players who have already deposited (up to 30 days) prior to joining the contest do not need to redeposit."

I'm interpreting this as any deposit made after 12/1 would qualify me for prizes.
    If you have deposited $100 30 days prior to joining the contest, and still maintain a $100+ balance, you are not required to redeposit. The original post has been updated with clarification.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it

Quote Originally Posted by BetDSI View Post
    If you have deposited $100 30 days prior to joining the contest, and still maintain a $100+ balance, you are not required to redeposit. The original post has been updated with clarification.
    Okay thanks for the quick answer. One more quick Q, how long does the balance have to be maintained for? Throughout the whole contest?

Lastly, thanks for the contest, good stuff

BetDSI

Quote Originally Posted by senseionline View Post
    do we have to register for that contest i try to use my dsi id and password doesnt work?
    After creating your DSI account, go to the Contest Page and Register by clicking join. You may use your DSI account # next to "GameID", or you may pick a custom username. This name will appear in the contest standings.

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7724

Shouldnt you announce it prior to opening day?

BetDSI

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgood5 View Post
    Okay thanks for the quick answer. One more quick Q, how long does the balance have to be maintained for? Throughout the whole contest? Lastly, thanks for the contest, good stuff
    You must have either made the $100 deposit, or still have a $100+ balance as a result of a real-money deposit up to 30 days prior to joining the contest when making your first contest pick.

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

I deposited before 'BTP' and have not gone bust. I have no reason to make a new deposit as I have a current active balance. Am I ineligible then?

If not I'll just request a withdrawal then make a deposit. But that seems like a waste of time for both parties...

ElCapitan
    ElCapitan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

I'm in the same boat as Weinke. I could request a withdrawal and then just redeposit but why add in steps for everyone?

Can we get a ruling on this?

Lineman
    Lineman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27577

Thanks. Good one.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
    I'm in the same boat as Weinke. I could request a withdrawal and then just redeposit but why add in steps for everyone?

Can we get a ruling on this?
    If you have a $100 in there than you just maintain it.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

nut, the rules seem to require a redeposit

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    nut, the rules seem to require a redeposit

If you have deposited $100 30 days prior to joining the contest, and still maintain a $100+ balance, you are not required to redeposit

This is what it says .

pokernut9999

Signed up and made my picks , pretty easy.

Thanks for the contest.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    If you have deposited $100 30 days prior to joining the contest, and still maintain a $100+ balance, you are not required to redeposit

This is what it says .
    yeah, meaning the people whose post you were responding to need to redeposit, not just maintain a deposit they made several months ago.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

I was just told I was eligible as I have made 2 deposits in the past 30 days but I only have a $10 balance at this shop
    Here is my chat
    Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'CS Billy'
    CS Billy: Welcome, nice to have you with us today . . . I’m happy to assist you . . .
    xx: hi I have made two 50 dollar deposits recently can u check and see if I am eligble for the 10,000 Bowl contest?
    CS Billy: For security reasons, can you please confirm your password?
    xx: ??????????????
    CS Billy: May I please have a moment to check on that for you..
    xx sure
    CS Billy: To register, click here
    CS Billy: Please click and register in the link I've sent you..
    xx: ok it says to get a share of the 10,000 u have to make a deposit of 100 which I have done. So am I ok for the full prize amount?
    CS Billy: Yes sir...
    CS Billy: According to the rules you may participate on that contest..
    xx: ok thanks alot
    CS Billy: You're welcome... it's my pleasure.
    CS Billy: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    xx: no thanks

CntryBoy
    CntryBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43850

How in the world does the scoring work in this one? I am only 2-2 so far... winning my #7 and 14 plays, losing my #3 and 9 plays. It shows I have 5 pts... do they deduct pts for losses? Even if they do I should still have 9 pts. It doesn't explain much in the rules as far as scoring, only that it is based on confidence points. Anyone have any ideas?

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

bol on the contest ev1

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by CntryBoy View Post
    How in the world does the scoring work in this one? I am only 2-2 so far... winning my #7 and 14 plays, losing my #3 and 9 plays. It shows I have 5 pts... do they deduct pts for losses? Even if they do I should still have 9 pts. It doesn't explain much in the rules as far as scoring, only that it is based on confidence points. Anyone have any ideas?
    it deducts for your nailbiter game

iow if you picked the iowa game for nailbiter, you'd have a -3

the formula is:

confidence points of winning picks + margin in blowout game - margin in nailbiter game

CntryBoy
    CntryBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43850

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    it deducts for your nailbiter game

iow if you picked the iowa game for nailbiter, you'd have a -3

the formula is:

confidence points of winning picks + margin in blowout game - margin in nailbiter game
    Thanks.. I forgot about the nailbiter and blowout games.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

no more registrations. that stinks

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn, I forgot to get in this. I'm active at DSI too.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Really passed on me. I even deposited a few days ago to qualify for the basketball contest, it stinks that registrations are closed now.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Really passed on me. I even deposited a few days ago to qualify for the basketball contest, it stinks that registrations are closed now.
    1st game was the 26th

what did you expect?

i sure hope they would stop taking entries after the 1st game goes off.

i deposited as well for the contest and you have to love a contest with only 105 people and 10k in prizes

even though i am stinking it up its still early

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33528

Damn, I didn't see this until now. I wonder how so many of us missed this.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Damn, I didn't see this until now. I wonder how so many of us missed this.
    same here, I'm on here everyday and never saw this

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

never saw this either. i think someone made sure no one would see it.

yisman

well, it was posted on the handicapping boards. No one was bumping it, though.

I saw it, because I was on that day when it was posted.

I think it actually let people pick until Monday...

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm glad I play there regularly and saw it on the main screen for logging in. Nice prizes for a small deposit.

Bartmeister
    Bartmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BetDSI View Post
    This year BetDSI is putting up a Guaranteed $10,000 prize-pool for a Confidence Style Pick'em Contest.

For every 100 eligible players over 100 we will be adding another $5,000 to the prize pool! So if there are 500 eligible players then the prize pool will reach a whopping $30,000!

$10,000 prize-pool: Eligibility requirements
    To qualify for your share of the prize-pool, players without accounts must open one here. To be eligible to win a cash prize all players must have made a single $100 deposit within the 30 days before January 1st, 2011 or maintain a $100+ balance throughout the contest.

$1,000 Free Play Prize Pool
    To qualify for your share of the free play prize pool all you have to do is have a valid BetDSI.com account to qualify.

How to play:

Read the Contest Rules.
    Thanks for a great contest! Question though, since there is only 1 standings list and we don't know which people actually made the required $100 deposit for a possible cash prize. I know the top 12 get cash prizes, splitting 10K in cash, and for the $1000 in Freeplays- the top 9 get prizes. What happens if say 11 of the top 12 people in the standings DID NOT make a deposit, would the people placing 13th and lower that DID make a deposit, be be moved up in the cash prize standings?

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmeister View Post
    Thanks for a great contest! Question though, since there is only 1 standings list and we don't know which people actually made the required $100 deposit for a possible cash prize. I know the top 12 get cash prizes, splitting 10K in cash, and for the $1000 in Freeplays- the top 9 get prizes. What happens if say 11 of the top 12 people in the standings DID NOT make a deposit, would the people placing 13th and lower that DID make a deposit, be be moved up in the cash prize standings?
    was curious about this myself, so I contacted DSI and they had this response:

CS Marvin: "In that case, those players that have not deposited, will be disqualified and will be replaced for the next ones that do qualify"

Bartmeister
    Bartmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    was curious about this myself, so I contacted DSI and they had this response:

CS Marvin: "In that case, those players that have not deposited, will be disqualified and will be replaced for the next ones that do qualify"
    Thanks Jrod124. I hope we were the only 2 that deposited or had money in there, lol. This has to be one of the best contests ever, especially for a small amount of people. Super generous payouts by DSI!

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks SBR and DSI!

12 Last