mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I'm fine with the way things have been run for years on Yahoo...not keen on many if any of the suggestions up for vote.
    Boooooo!

Jake, you are no fun.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47610

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Boooooo!

Jake, you are no fun.
    sorry for not following the herd...I'm a creature of habit and I don't really see a reason for any sweeping changes. Convince me otherwise, you have the next 7-8 months..

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

so, who's winning or who won?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

sorry for not following the herd...I'm a creature of habit and I don't really see a reason for any sweeping changes. Convince me otherwise, you have the next 7-8 months..
    Jake at the very least the waiver process should be changed to how it was mistakenly done in my league. How are playoff teams getting better waiver orders just because of their seeding. I was against the move in my league but saw it as the right way of doing it.

Not it going to relive the whole Samuels thing again but when 90% of the leagues do it one way, he’s listed as a RB on their depth chart then that tells me it’s time to move on. Greaser lost a playoff game because of it. I could see if he at times lined up as an TE (for those using the ty Montgomery arguement) but he doesn’t. It’s laughable.

This could be my last year as it is so these points are probably useless anyway.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Is seems those that want to leave Yahoo only want to do so because of the Samuels eligibility. But from a commissioner's perspective, I like Yahoo's flexibility when it comes to setting up league rules. Other sites might be more rigid, forcing up to go by their rules without much recourse.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Is seems those that want to leave Yahoo only want to do so because of the Samuels eligibility. But from a commissioner's perspective, I like Yahoo's flexibility when it comes to setting up league rules. Other sites might be more rigid, forcing up to go by their rules without much recourse.
    IE: it’s easier for me to run a yahoo league

the fact that you continue to minimize the Samuels situation is mind boggling. Maybe Sammy can help you out with commissioner duties next year.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

I like yahoo a lot as well. It is just that they seem to be slow and unwilling to fix discrepancies such as the Samuels fiasco. My understanding from reading is that this type of thing has happened with yahoo in the past. Other sites adjust and they do not.

Other league members might not feel that way and I understand why as it did not cost them their season as it cost me mine.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Jake at the very least the waiver process should be changed to how it was mistakenly done in my league. How are playoff teams getting better waiver orders just because of their seeding. I was against the move in my league but saw it as the right way of doing it.

Not it going to relive the whole Samuels thing again but when 90% of the leagues do it one way, he’s listed as a RB on their depth chart then that tells me it’s time to move on. Greaser lost a playoff game because of it. I could see if he at times lined up as an TE (for those using the ty Montgomery arguement) but he doesn’t. It’s laughable.

This could be my last year as it is so these points are probably useless anyway.
    I am fine with some minor changes, but I like yahoo and do not really want to go to espn or some other site.

I guess in the coming months we will see numerous things come up for vote and we can pass or strike them down as they come.

gobucks
    gobucks's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21592

I am fine with Yahoo.

JAKEPEAVY21

double post

LT Profits

IE: it’s easier for me to run a yahoo league

the fact that you continue to minimize the Samuels situation is mind boggling. Maybe Sammy can help you out with commissioner duties next year.
    IE: it’s easier for me to run a yahoo league Well, YEAH! That is actually a major part of it, as little manual "commissionering" as possible. But there is more to it too, Yahoo has more customization of league rules.

And as for the Samuels thing, guys are making TOO big a deal of it. Everyone should have known his eligibility all along, the fact that Yahoo seemingly stood alone allowing him at TE does not matter. And it definitely should not be a reason for wanting to leave Yahoo.

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Greaser lost a playoff game because of it. It's laughable.
    No laughable was: The morning I checked waivers, (Nobody ever mentions this part) to see Greaser picking before me and taking Jimmy Graham (3.3 pts) instead of Jaylen Samuels (16.2) at TE, I'm not gonna lie, A Big Ole Smile broke out across my face.

I've played Both ESPN & Yahoo leagues for the last 8 years, I always liked Yahoo better, ESPN has a few different features I like, but Over All Yahoo is the best.
    Last edited by CarolinaDaze; 12-13-18 at 12:21 PM.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I like yahoo a lot as well. It is just that they seem to be slow and unwilling to fix discrepancies such as the Samuels fiasco. My understanding from reading is that this type of thing has happened with yahoo in the past. Other sites adjust and they do not.

Other league members might not feel that way and I understand why as it did not cost them their season as it cost me mine.
    The thing is, I don't think the Samuels thing was a "discrepancy" since they assigned him his college positions right from Day 1, and I actually respect that they stick to their guns and do not change player eligibility during the season. And i also resect other sites that listed him at RB only all year. What I do NOT respect is sites that started him at both positions and then dropped the TE during the year, THAT to me seems unfair.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Not here to change people’s preferences...just thought Auction/waiver priorities changes would make the game more challenging (and less luck involved draft picks). If I do leagues $300 or above, I prefer an even playing field (you see how luck is rarely on my side). Being this is a 3000 point league, I will go with the herd.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

As for sites....I pretty much hate everything in the world about ESPN...but for some reason prefer their site over others. Probably because I played there years before ever doing yahoo.

But to be totally honest, either site is fine by me.

LT Profits

As for sites....I pretty much hate everything in the world about ESPN...but for some reason prefer their site over others. Probably because I played there years before ever doing yahoo.

But to be totally honest, either site is fine by me.
    Playing at sites and being commissioner are two different things. Granted I am going off of memory here, but I do not recall ESPN having as many rules options as Yahoo has.

CarolinaDaze

Not here to change people’s preferences...just thought Auction/waiver priorities changes would make the game more challenging (and less luck involved draft picks). If I do leagues $300 or above, I prefer an even playing field (you see how luck is rarely on my side). Being this is a 3000 point league, I will go with the herd.
    Over looked this comment earlier, this I'd vote for. I believe it takes more skill, it's more Chess than Checkers. We claim to be the A League let's play Chess.

But either way we draft I'm cool with it, long as we all playing by the same rules, Like the ones that have been in place from Day 1 this Season & those we been playing since we started playing at Yahoo .

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDaze View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better myself.

No laughable was: The morning I checked waivers, (Nobody ever mentions this part) to see Greaser picking before me and taking Jimmy Graham (3.3 pts) instead of Jaylen Samuels (16.2) at TE, I'm not gonna lie, A Big Ole Smile broke out across my face.

I've played Both ESPN & Yahoo leagues for the last 8 years, I always liked Yahoo better, ESPN has a few different features I like, but Over All Yahoo is the best.
    Not disputing who was picked where. Just the fact of how he’s graded.

I don’t quite get your humor but that’s probably waaaaay down the list of attributes you have that are surprising to me.

As I stated I doubt I’m moving forward with fantasy here so I’ll stop with the suggestions.

CarolinaDaze

Just the fact of how he’s graded.

I don’t quite get your humor but that’s probably waaaaay down the list of attributes you have that are surprising to me.
    Exactly, graded that way since Day 1.

What you want Philly to start name calling, for me to tell you how Old, Washed Up, Irrelevant I think you really are. Nah I'm not taking the bait. When I crack jokes about winning, it's just Fantasy Football for a few hundred dollars worth of points, this isn't real life, you taking it way to serious.

Enjoy Your Retirement.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Exactly, graded that way since Day 1.

What you want Philly to start name calling, for me to tell you how Old, Washed Up, Irrelevant I think you really are. Nah I'm not taking the bait. When I crack jokes about winning, it's just Fantasy Football for a few hundred dollars worth of points, this isn't real life, you taking it way to serious.

Enjoy Your Retirement.
    guys older than me talking retirement But you’re right. I will retire before you.

hey Dazer good friend of mine was killed last week so going to a viewing tnite. 46 and 2 weeks before Xmas. Why does that happen to the good guys yet the assholes still roam the streets?

“ I won’t name call but” Can’t make this shit up

CarolinaDaze

hey Dazer good friend of mine was killed last week so going to a viewing tnite. 46 and 2 weeks before Xmas. Why does that happen to the good guys yet the assholes still roam the streets?
    Yeah we buried my Mother-In-Law 2 weeks ago, she was a very educated women who retired working at Stetson University. I stayed home and took care of her the last 3 years because she suffered from Alzheimers & Dementia. I watched one of the smartest women I ever met, get robbed of her mind, when she should have been enjoying her Golden Years. I was once again reminded of how short life really is, to have fun while i can, and to not sweat the small stuff. (You)

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Yeah we buried my Mother-In-Law 2 weeks ago, she was a very educated women who retired working at Stetson University. I stayed home and took care of her the last 3 years because she suffered from Alzheimers & Dementia. I watched one of the smartest women I ever met, get robbed of her mind, when she should have been enjoying her Golden Years. I was once again reminded of how short life really is, to have fun while i can, and to not sweat the small stuff. (You)
    Sorry for you loss. Sounds like a wonderful woman.

JAKEPEAVY21

I have actually never played an auction league before. I'd probably be willing to give one a shot in addition to this main league. Maybe LT would be willing to try to run an auction league in addition to the others?

JAKEPEAVY21

guys older than me talking retirement But you’re right. I will retire before you.

“ I won’t name call but” Can’t make this shit up
    sorry for your guys losses, my condolences

CarolinaDaze

Sorry for you loss. Sounds like a wonderful woman.

Likewise sorry to hear about your friend.

CarolinaDaze

I knew there was No Way Philly & Me weren't gonna get thru the week, without having words since we playing against each-other in the semi.

CarolinaDaze

Close to 30k views & 1500 posts in this thread this year (4.5 months). We should get paid for entertaining everyone.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

I knew there was No Way Philly & Me weren't gonna get thru the week, without having words since we playing against each-other in the semi.
    Dazer good people. We all do things we wish we handled differently. Gonna meet up with him hopefully when we go to universal end of feb. Hoping he springs for my 3 park ticket

Think my luck is finally going to run out this week. Teams all beat up & my RB not panning out like I thought. Played 3 years in this league & have never not cashed so proud of that

good luck to all this week.

CarolinaDaze

Dazer good people. We all do things we wish we handled differently. Gonna meet up with him hopefully when we go to universal end of feb. Hoping he springs for my 3 park ticket

Think my luck is finally going to run out this week. Teams all beat up & my RB not panning out like I thought. Played 3 years in this league & have never not cashed so proud of that

good luck to all this week.
    Hah, your 3 day ticket, might as well ask me to pay for your Grand kids college tuition the 1st year. Wife & Me alternate between Disney, Universal & Sea World every year ( Because of FL residency we get the yearly for what ya'll will pay for a day) , Universal is the best of the 3 for people our age.

Come on Philly stop trying the Reverse Jinx about your poor team. Everyone knows Rape-In-Burger is gonna ball out this week at home against N.E. I'm the idiot that's too scared to play Aaron Rodgers against that Scary Chicago Bears Defense (Did you see what they did to the Rams last weekend). Instead probably gonna play a Buffalo Bills Q.B. & Doug (Fking) Martin over Aaron Jones for the same reason, in the semi's. Some people are just glutton for pain, guess I'm one of them. GL Everyone, hope 2 see ya in The Finals.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Hah, your 3 day ticket, might as well ask me to pay for your Grand kids college tuition the 1st year. Wife & Me alternate between Disney, Universal & Sea World every year ( Because of FL residency we get the yearly for what ya'll will pay for a day) , Universal is the best of the 3 for people our age.

Come on Philly stop trying the Reverse Jinx about your poor team. Everyone knows Rape-In-Burger is gonna ball out this week at home against N.E. I'm the idiot that's too scared to play Aaron Rodgers against that Scary Chicago Bears Defense (Did you see what they did to the Rams last weekend). Instead probably gonna play a Buffalo Bills Q.B. & Doug (Fking) Martin over Aaron Jones for the same reason, in the semi's. Some people are just glutton for pain, guess I'm one of them. GL Everyone, hope 2 see ya in The Finals.
    I hear ya brother. Mrs. is in corporate travel so got her ticket for free & mine was 50% off but still $175! How do people w kids afford this shit.

I probably would have done the same with my QB & RB playing in Chicago. Josh Allen to get to the finals. Who’d of thought.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Wanted to thank MPASH for verifying that Gordon was out & I did indeed put Justin Jackson in my starting lineup tonight

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Don’t forget my at least 15 point prediction.

Was never in doubt.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I'm fine with Yahoo.

I got an uphill climb this week, GoBucks 3rd string RB already hung 30 pts

JAKEPEAVY21

Wanted to thank MPASH for verifying that Gordon was out & I did indeed put Justin Jackson in my starting lineup tonight
    Chargers have some damn good depth at RB...Jackson is the #3RB and has proven he can play in the NFL and Detrez Newsome the #4RB has also shown flashes. It will be interesting to see what the Chargers do with Gordon when his contract is up. Gordon is a damn good player but he does get injured fairly often and I'm not sure it is wise to pay a RB big money.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

OBJ out this week. Julio probably Matched up v Peterson Gonna be tough

First ... 39404142434445 ... Last