Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Shall we have a team contest ths football season??

I remember a great team contest two years ago, sadly it was not offered last year. The format was simple: Four team members, the sum of all 4 was the team total. Sounds easy, but it was the most strategic tourney (and most fun) I have had at SBR.

First, assembling the team. Instead of four "good" cappers, I thought a team of like-minded strategic guys was the best choice. I was then into point lending, and thought fellow loan sharks would be a good choice. After a team was assembled, a great team name was suggested by someone: Broke Lenders. Brilliant.

Most of the tournament was uneventful. But last week was really interesting. We had a good shot for third place, and were running simulations like crazy. There was a Thursday game (Pitt-Cle) with low total and high spread. So, it could be a great chance to go all-in. But not all team members were available at game time, so we had to pass on it. Being the last to pick was also a plus, as we can decide to go all in one side, or go 2 vs 2 to lock the place.

At the end, after all other teams fell away, we had only one opposing team. We were very happy when one rogue member of the other team picked 3 games on his own, instead of going with his team picks. After we won our pick, the guy had to go 3-0 to defeat us. Of course, he nailed all his 3 picks, sending us to the barely paying 4th place. BTW, I remember the two teams fighting for first place played it awfully on last week.

So, it was the most exciting contest I have had at SBR. So, why was it not offered again? I was a great hit, and cost is minimal. Come on SBR, offer the team contest again.

hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

That was a good one....Lets get on this....the season is here....peace