noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

Thanks for the contest Shari. To make it easier I would suggest that we all use the tennis channel brackets and give our user names here.

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

that sounds like a good plan to me...I will be in for this tournament.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

you could do a bracket like with the ncaa tournment and then just score it the same as 1point for 1st round 5 points second and so on

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by noober View Post
    Thanks for the contest Shari. To make it easier I would suggest that we all use the tennis channel brackets and give our user names here.
    The problem we don't want to run into is them finding out that we're using their site to host a contest for a gambling forum and then SBR getting in trouble because the Tennis Channel is pissed about being associated with a gambling site. Which is understandable.

I'll have to talk it over some more with Lou and see. I just need to make sure I'm not putting SBR at risk at all just in an attempt to save time.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR should have built-in tennis into their tournament/contest software by now. Shameful that they have not. Would alleviate all this bullshit.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

I'm in for the Men's Tourney, thanks so much for running this Shari!

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

shari, I don't really think that's a concern.

You just create a group, name it anything. How would they find out what it's for? Even if they cared, I don't see how it would come up.

revnecro1273
    revnecro1273's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13172

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    The problem we don't want to run into is them finding out that we're using their site to host a contest for a gambling forum and then SBR getting in trouble because the Tennis Channel is pissed about being associated with a gambling site. Which is understandable.

I'll have to talk it over some more with Lou and see. I just need to make sure I'm not putting SBR at risk at all just in an attempt to save time.

don't think that will be a big issue...various forums do point contests for espn streak for the cash contest

revnecro1273

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    shari, I don't really think that's a concern.

You just create a group, name it anything. How would they find out what it's for? Even if they cared, I don't see how it would come up.

tennis channel uses tourneytopia...tourneytopia requires groups (i think) of over 5 to pay

revnecro1273

actually...what i said about over 5 to pay might have just been for golf...not seeing it for tennis

revnecro1273

yeah it is free for as many as you want...says licenses unlimited

bu08usc11
    bu08usc11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Looking forward to this.

toga toga
    toga toga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8347

I will do both - sending points starting today.

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

Yeah, sounds like a potential problem. Nut you can check tourneytopia.

RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll be in for both... should be fun.

We have to send the points by Sunday correct?

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Thanks for attempting this contest Shari, this is going to be really tough on you if you are in Australia with the time difference between Australia and Europe. I will be glad to volunteer to help with any grading if you need any help, I am on E.S.T. , (D.C.and New York) time and I tend to be up to to 1-2 A.M. and occasionally a little later in the morning. Thanks for putting this together, this should be a great tourney.

cheers
    Last edited by gregm; 05-17-11 at 11:32 PM.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last installment for yisman...

Sent 6: Paid 30/30

Good Luck, yisser!

Cheers to you Shari for running the contest!

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shari you are 100% correct in covering our asses on checking the liability issues prior to confirming bracket site..and I will be winning...I mean playing both..Thks for the contest!

shari91

Yisman - Lou's actually the one who first pointed out the problems I may face here so unless I can find a way to 100% guarantee him that this is safe for SBR, there's no way I'll be able to use the software at this point. I'm open to any suggestions though.

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Thanks for attempting this contest Shari, this is going to be really tough on you if you are in Australia with the time difference between Australia and Europe. I will be glad to volunteer to help with any grading if you need any help, I am on E.S.T. , (D.C.and New York) time and I tend to be up to to 1-2 A.M. and occasionally a little later in the morning. Thanks for putting this together, this should be a great tourney. cheers
    It's all good greg but thank you. I've ran this contest for a few Slams already and it's luckily always worked out fine regardless of the time zone. And although I was in the same time zone for the Aussie Open, I ran both the men's and women's contests 100% from my phone as I was in the process of moving at the time. It looks more complicated than it is - it just takes a bit of time as once someone's bracket is in, it's complete, regardless if the match is graded an hour after or 12 hours after it makes no difference. That being said though, I update the contest thread after each round. Tried doing it after every day last year and the threads just became way too messy and most people only seemed to want round updates anyway. I'll definitely let you know if I get stuck though

Laki
    Laki's Avatar Become A Pro!

Men's contest 6/15

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26295

I am in for both men's and woman's

transferred 30

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Would be nice if sbr had some software...do you think it is a cost issue?

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Tsonga View Post
    Would be nice if sbr had some software...do you think it is a cost issue?
    Well, I'm not sure if it's even ever been considered on their end. The only kind of tennis contest that I could see requiring software is a massive one structured like this - solely because of the time involved for posters to make their picks and submit them and the admin of it. But a contest this size would really only work during Slams and it's not like we get 50 entries for each one, although I wish we did as the prizes would be even more awesome.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

... 30 points sent ...

Nard Dog
    Nard Dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

I am in for both contests. 2/30 pts.

Laki
    Laki's Avatar Become A Pro!

Men's contest 8/15

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Dumb question, but how do I give points? I can only successfully transfer 2 at a time.

shari91

Thanks to everyone who has entered so far!

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Dumb question, but how do I give points? I can only successfully transfer 2 at a time.
    Just transfer me 2/day. If you want to enter both contests then you'll be paying into the 2nd week but I have no problem with that. Or if you only want to enter one, just tell me which one and pay for the 8 days.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I'll do both the men's and the women's, so I owe you 26, since I gave 4.

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

In for both ... just transferred points

revnecro1273

Yisman - Lou's actually the one who first pointed out the problems I may face here so unless I can find a way to 100% guarantee him that this is safe for SBR, there's no way I'll be able to use the software at this point. I'm open to any suggestions though.

It's all good greg but thank you. I've ran this contest for a few Slams already and it's luckily always worked out fine regardless of the time zone. And although I was in the same time zone for the Aussie Open, I ran both the men's and women's contests 100% from my phone as I was in the process of moving at the time. It looks more complicated than it is - it just takes a bit of time as once someone's bracket is in, it's complete, regardless if the match is graded an hour after or 12 hours after it makes no difference. That being said though, I update the contest thread after each round. Tried doing it after every day last year and the threads just became way too messy and most people only seemed to want round updates anyway. I'll definitely let you know if I get stuck though
    i would say creating a group at racketbracket would be fine...they even have prize pool in their settings

revnecro1273

if you are still concerned with liability issues you could set up the groups under some non related site name and pm the group id and password to all that want to participate

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

count me in for both!

ATP123
    ATP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

when does this start?

First 12345 Last