It seems like this question comes up a lot when betting, but I'm struggling to determine the better value play when comparing sides to money lines. For example: Let's say I want to bet on Charlotte vs. Chicago tonight at +9.5, opposed to betting them at +470 ML. Is there a way to figure out which has better value. I've seen many struggle with this, especially when the sides are lower i.e. -1, -2, and ponder whether to take the points or ML, but again, I'm looking to determine which has better value.

I've looked at the spread/ML converter and when inputting a spread of -9.5, I get the values of the favorite being at -831 and the dog at approximately +545. Fortunately, I'm intelligent enough to know that if I simply find a better price than these values (very easy to find), it doesn't necessarily give me +EV, although I can see some making this mistake.

I can find Chicago as low as -520, and Charlotte as high as +470.

I also inputted the same values into the spread/ML converter and show FAV odds of -9.5 supposedly being +107 (which I can't find) and DOG odds of +9.5 at -113 (which I can find). Any help would be appreciated gentleman. Thank you in advance.